Author Topic: Democrats propose first gun grab since Lexington and Concord  (Read 348 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Democrats propose first gun grab since Lexington and Concord
« on: September 14, 2019, 01:33:10 am »
Detroit News by David Harsanyi 9/11/2019

Opinion: Democrats propose first gun grab since Lexington and Concord

One wishes the media would stop using absurdly lazy phrases like "mandatory gun buybacks." Unless the politician they're talking about is in the business of selling firearms, it's impossible for him to "buy back" anything. No government official -- not Joe Biden, not Beto O'Rourke, not any of the candidates who now support "buyback" programs -- has ever sold firearms.

What Democrats propose can be more accurately described as "the first American gun confiscation effort since Lexington and Concord," or some variation on that theme. Although tax dollars will be meted out in an effort to incentivize volunteers, the policy is to confiscate AR-15s, the vast majority of which have been legally purchased by Americans who have undergone background checks and never used a gun for a criminal purpose.

The "mandatory gun buyback" exemplifies the impracticality and absurdity of do-somethingism. Democrats want to turn millions of otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals overnight for refusing to adhere to a law that retroactively transforms the exercise of a constitutional right into a crime.

And they do it without any evidence that it would curtail rare mass shootings or save lives.

More: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/2019/09/12/opinion-democrats-propose-first-gun-grab-since-lexington-and-concord/2288140001/

Offline Victoria33

Re: Democrats propose first gun grab since Lexington and Concord
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 02:18:52 am »
@Elderberry
@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty

1.  No criminal or to-be criminal will turn in any type "gun", even for money.

2.  Any criminal or to-be criminal can get a "gun" any time the criminal or to-be criminal wants, without going to a "gun" shop. 

3.  No "gun" law banning certain type "guns" will stop a criminal or to-be criminal from obtaining a "gun" of that type or any type.

4.  No universal background check will stop a criminal or to-be criminal from obtaining a "gun".  "Guns" are everywhere, not just in "gun" shops.  These types won't appear in a "gun" shop to undergo any background check.

5.  No high school age student is going to tell the parents he/she is going to kill students with the "gun" gotten from a friend or a gun in the household. 

No criminal or to-be criminal can be prevented from obtaining a "gun", period.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 02:29:39 am »
        No criminal or to-be criminal can be prevented from obtaining a "gun", period.

@Victoria33

And neither can I.  happy77

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 02:41:18 am »
@Victoria33
And neither can I.  happy77
@roamer_1

I bet you don't have a PINK rifle and I do.  It shoots just like the same rifle in brown or black. Don't laugh at my PINK rifle. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 02:59:38 am »
@roamer_1

I bet you don't have a PINK rifle and I do.  It shoots just like the same rifle in brown or black. Don't laugh at my PINK rifle.

@Victoria33
Actually I DO. A Remington 700 in 7mm mag - I bought an unfinished composite stock, and professionally painted it (I am a painting professional) in automotive acrylic pink camo for my near-missus before she left last year. Was waiting to buy a scope for it before I gave it to her.

Nothin turns on a hilljilly gal like pink camo... except maybe fur mocs. Just about any gal loves fur mocs.

S'alright tho. When I get the time, I will strip it back down and do it up again in OD camo or forest camo... Maybe satin black... Although I hate a composite stock. I much prefer wood with a composite bedding.

If I can find a stock for it laying around, I'd put it back to wood and sell the composite... And then it would be a match to my 300win mag. Kinda overkill there. The only thing I'd rather the 7mm for is antelope, or maybe goat. SO it will probably wind up trade stock, once it ain't pink no more.  One thing I do know, you can't sell a pink gun for nothing.

:shrug:  :tongue2:

Offline Victoria33

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 11:50:38 am »
Here's a pic of a rifle like my .22, A Rem 512 Sportsmaster. Its not as pretty. Not pink an all, But I've outshot many a shooter with it, even those shooting Ruger .22s. First gun I ever owned and still own. It was built before serial numbers were required.