Author Topic: Iranian Soccer Fan 'Blue Girl' Dies After Setting Herself on Fire ("Blue Girl")  (Read 182 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iranian Soccer Fan 'Blue Girl' Dies After Setting Herself on Fire
Sept. 10, 2019, at 11:14 a.m.

FILE PHOTO: Fans of Iran's Esteghlal cheer as they hold their national flag during their AFC Champions League soccer match playoff against Saudi Arabia's Al Ittifaq, in Tehran February 18, 2012. REUTERS/Raheb Homavandi/File PhotoReuters

By Parisa Hafezi

DUBAI (Reuters) - A female Iranian soccer fan who set herself on fire last week after being arrested for sneaking into a stadium dressed as a man has died from her injuries, causing widespread outrage.

The semi-official Shafaqna news agency said the woman - dubbed "Blue Girl" online for her favorite team Esteghlal's colors - died at hospital on Monday after her self-immolation outside a court where she feared being jailed for six months.

Iranian women have been banned from stadiums when men’s teams are playing since just after the 1979 Islamic revolution, though foreign women have been allowed limited access.

Read more at: https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2019-09-10/iranian-soccer-fan-blue-girl-dies-after-self-immolation

It's a real big story in the world press.   Do they call that going viral? "Blue Girl" because that seems to be the color of the club she was cheering on. I decided I'd better post this.

It's all over twitter and just a major commotion, is that what going "viral" means.   See, she protested per the rules that women can NOT go see a soccer match, she set herself on fire. I think even the Saudis might be giving women their own area now at soccer games.

Iran’s ‘Blue Girl’ Soccer Fan Dies After Setting Herself on Fire
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-10/iran-s-blue-girl-dies-for-watching-soccer-blacklash-explodes

The International Football (Soccer) Federation (FIFA):

FIFA officials to visit Iran after death of 'Blue Girl'

By Simon Evans

© Reuters/Dylan Martinez FILE PHOTO: World Cup - Group B - Morocco vs Iran

FIFA officials will visit Iran, following the death of a female fan who set herself on fire in protest at her arrest for attending a match, world soccer's governing body told Reuters on Wednesday.

Sahar Khodayari, dubbed “Blue Girl” due to her favourite team Esteghlal’s colours, died in hospital on Monday after her self-immolation outside a court where she feared being jailed for six months having attended the match in disguise as a man.

While foreign women have been allowed limited access to matches, Iranian women have been banned from stadiums when men's teams have been playing since just after the 1979 Islamic revolution.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/football/fifa-officials-to-visit-iran-after-death-of-blue-girl/ar-AAH9qNa

Offside the movie, it's hilarious,  it's about the subject matter (that being of not allowing females into these games) BUT with a humorous angle to it ... yes, they have a director there and indeed, sometimes his movies are banned in Iran, famous.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I do respect the rank-and-file Iranian people, even with all of these horror stories, they are meant to vilify the regime but I don't see how Iran is worse than Turkey and some other countries except in wanting nukes. We frown on the Saudis too, if they want those.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:37:52 pm by TomSea »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is happening with the Democrats favorite religion in the world right now. Christianity is violent and primitive. Islam is the religion of "peace", according to the demented, reality denying Liberals.

She likely did this because she knew what was going to happen to her in there. Iran has no civil rights. And they certainly have no such thing as prisoner rights.

A prisoner in an Islamic country, especially a woman, deserves whatever they get according to Islam. I read a story years ago about a female prison that would give the prisoners makeup and lingerie once in a while so they could participate in a prison 'beauty pageant'. I'm sure it was all done for the women. You know, not for the prison staff and guards.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:06:39 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.