Author Topic: 9/11 Hero Todd Beamer's Son is All Grown Up Now and He's Playing College Football  (Read 1139 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

9/11 Hero Todd Beamer's Son is All Grown Up Now and He's Playing College Football
By Paula Bolyard September 11, 2016

We were all deeply moved and inspired by the brave passengers of Flight 93 who stormed the cockpit, attempting to wrest the plane from the evil terrorists who had killed the crew and were headed toward an unknown destination on September 11, 2001. By crashing the plane into a field in Pennsylvania, it's likely they spared a high-value target like the White House or the Capitol, saving the lives of thousands and preserving a national landmark.

Todd Beamer was one of those passengers, a hero whose voice was seared in our memories as he made a call to a GTE airphone operator, asking her to say the Lord's Prayer with him before he and others tried to take the cockpit. His final recorded words were "Let's roll!" Thirty-seven passengers, including Beamer, and seven crew members lost their lives in the attack on Flight 93.

more
https://pjmedia.com/parenting/2016/09/11/911-hero-todd-beamers-son-is-all-grown-now-and-hes-playing-college-football/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That guy was a hero as much as any who were first responders at ground zero.

One story on him is a choke-you-up type.

TODD BEAMER'S GIFT FOR OTHERS

https://www.greensboro.com/todd-beamer-s-gift-for-others/article_da2d14e9-9be5-5d80-b384-2a7b47ed869e.html

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's very good to know.

Offline skeeter

Looks like Helm Field, also his dad's alma mater Los Gatos High.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This young man or  David Hogg.  Who would you want to have your back if you are faced with a "Lets Roll" moment?

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Looks like Helm Field, also his dad's alma mater Los Gatos High.

Possibly. The jersey color is right, and the stands look similar to the stands that are closer to SR17. But the picture would have to be about 5 years old, as I think the track was replaced in 2015 with the current red track (the 2015 Jungle Run had to be cancelled because the work was incomplete).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Possibly. The jersey color is right, and the stands look similar to the stands that are closer to SR17. But the picture would have to be about 5 years old, as I think the track was replaced in 2015 with the current red track (the 2015 Jungle Run had to be cancelled because the work was incomplete).

It says 2016/09.

Offline skeeter

It says 2016/09.

And since he was in college when this article came out this photo would have to have been taken a year or two before that.

Offline PeteS in CA

It says 2016/09.

The article was published "BY PAULA BOLYARD SEPTEMBER 11, 2016". The video at the bottom of the article shows footage from Wheaton College, where David Beamer was to attend. But Wheaton's jerseys are dark blue, not the red color of the picture above. So David Beamer's last season of high school football was fall of 2015, the first season Los Gatos would have used their stadium with a red track around the field.

The picture might be LGH or it might be another HS with the same school colors. I was just saying that certain visible things in the picture tended to confirm @skeeter's comment. FWIW, she lives in Los Gatos, while I live in west San Jose, not far from Los Gatos. Further, the half marathon I mentioned, the Jungle Run, started on the LGH campus, and finished on the football field track. It uses the Los Gatos Creek trail for over half its course. I did it in 2014 and was signed up for the 2015 running that had to be cancelled due to stadium and track renovation. Over the past 5+ years I've probably walked a couple or several hundred miles on the Los Gatos Creek Trail.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The story of Flight 93 and Todd Beamer's "Let's Roll," always chokes me up. If I were in a similar situation, I hope I would have his bravery.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

The article was published "BY PAULA BOLYARD SEPTEMBER 11, 2016". The video at the bottom of the article shows footage from Wheaton College, where David Beamer was to attend. But Wheaton's jerseys are dark blue, not the red color of the picture above. So David Beamer's last season of high school football was fall of 2015, the first season Los Gatos would have used their stadium with a red track around the field.

The picture might be LGH or it might be another HS with the same school colors. I was just saying that certain visible things in the picture tended to confirm @skeeter's comment. FWIW, she lives in Los Gatos, while I live in west San Jose, not far from Los Gatos. Further, the half marathon I mentioned, the Jungle Run, started on the LGH campus, and finished on the football field track. It uses the Los Gatos Creek trail for over half its course. I did it in 2014 and was signed up for the 2015 running that had to be cancelled due to stadium and track renovation. Over the past 5+ years I've probably walked a couple or several hundred miles on the Los Gatos Creek Trail.

Used to do the Dam Run every Saturday.

He, BTW :patriot:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
OK, this is Neil Young, I know. However, for one moment in time, he was completely right. 

This was amazing:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
OK, this is Neil Young, I know. However, for one moment in time, he was completely right. 

This was amazing:

Sounds like he went back and borrowed from his earlier liberal work: "Ohio" 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sounds like he went back and borrowed from his earlier liberal work: "Ohio"

Except that this one was righteous.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This young man or  David Hogg.  Who would you want to have your back if you are faced with a "Lets Roll" moment?

Hogg would be curled up in his seat in the fetal position pissing himself in a "lets roll" situation so that kinda narrows down the options.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online berdie

The story of Flight 93 and Todd Beamer's "Let's Roll," always chokes me up. If I were in a similar situation, I hope I would have his bravery.

I would hope I would as well.