Author Topic: US feels divisive in 9/11 aftermath as memories of unity fade  (Read 268 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
US feels divisive in 9/11 aftermath as memories of unity fade
« on: September 11, 2019, 01:36:01 pm »
https://nypost.com/2019/09/10/us-feels-divisive-in-9-11-aftermath-as-memories-of-unity-fade/

US feels divisive in 9/11 aftermath as memories of unity fade
By Michael Goodwin
September 10, 2019

In some years, the images and memories are faded, as if from long, long ago. Other years, the horrors feel as fresh as when the burning towers collapsed.

Yet few anniversaries of 9/11 have been as fraught with troubling emotions as today’s. From the vantage point of the 18th anniversary, it is unfortunately true that the worst day in American history forged the last great moment of national unity.

The mourning and sense of common purpose that were so distinct then seem as if they happened in a different country in another century. Now our nation is not just polarized. It is fractured.

“I’ve never seen it like this,” an elderly friend told me recently. “I’m afraid of what’s happening to our country.”

She is not alone. And while the 9/11 attack certainly didn’t cause our bitter divisions, its ramifications are among the powerful forces still shaping our dangerous world.

More at URL above...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: US feels divisive in 9/11 aftermath as memories of unity fade
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 04:31:37 pm »
A good piece to read today:
https://www.dansimmons.com/news/message/2006_04.htm
"The Time Traveler"

Pour yourself something good, sit down.
Won't take that long.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 04:34:35 pm »
A good piece to read today:
https://www.dansimmons.com/news/message/2006_04.htm
"The Time Traveler"

Pour yourself something good, sit down.
Won't take that long.

Normally don't watch a.m. televison, but today noticed the "whitewashing" of who caused this event.  The words Islam. Moslem, were not mentioned in several programs.  20 years from now, kids won't know what really happened.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 04:46:02 pm »
IMO, a lot of the supposed unity immediately after 9/11 was BDS-ridden Dems afraid to speak their minds openly in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. A year or two later they started dropping their deceptive restraint.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 08:38:13 pm »
It takes a major crisis to unite us.

And in today's atmosphere...I doubt that would do it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 10:02:45 pm »
IMO, a lot of the supposed unity immediately after 9/11 was BDS-ridden Dems afraid to speak their minds openly in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. A year or two later they started dropping their deceptive restraint.

Agreed.  The appearance of unity was only because it would have been a bad look to do/say otherwise.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 07:11:59 am »
: :thumbsup:  The left never  gave up on their plot to destroy America. 9/11 was just a momentary blip in their plans.