Author Topic: Why Are America’s Three Biggest Metros Shrinking?  (Read 265 times)

rangerrebew

Why Are America’s Three Biggest Metros Shrinking?
« on: September 10, 2019, 05:44:24 pm »
Why Are America’s Three Biggest Metros Shrinking?

After a post-recession boomlet, the New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago areas are all seeing their population decline.
Sep 9, 2019
Derek Thompson

Is this the age of the great metropolitan exodus? In 2018, the New York City area lost more than 100,000 people to other cities and suburbs—that’s 277 people leaving every day. The Los Angeles and Chicago areas lost, respectively, 201 and 161 residents each day. It’s quite a change from the post–Great Recession period, when an urban renaissance was supposedly sweeping the country and all three metro areas were experiencing a population boomlet.

What’s going on? And where is everybody going?

To understand any metro’s migration picture, you have to know that the census keeps track of two types of movers. First, there are “domestic migrants,” or people who move from one U.S. address to another. Second, there are “international” movers, which mostly means immigrants. (Populations can also, of course, add new human beings the old-fashioned way: births. U.S. fertility rates are at record lows, and this statistic varies less from city to city.)

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/americas-three-biggest-metros-shrinking/597544/

rangerrebew

Re: Why Are America’s Three Biggest Metros Shrinking?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 05:50:20 pm »
It's good to know excessively high tax rates, excessively high crime rates, everything being done for illegals but little being done for Americans, massive welfare, criticism of the police, and poor schools, which are all typical of liberal cities, have nothing to do with it. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 02:39:39 am »
It's a complete mystery.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 02:42:10 am »
It's a complete mystery.   :shrug:

Not really! As they always do, people are voting with their feet.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien