Author Topic: Trump is not well...  (Read 1761 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Trump is not well...
« on: September 09, 2019, 11:46:19 pm »
Donald Trump’s disordered personality—his unhealthy patterns of thinking, functioning, and behaving—has become the defining characteristic of his presidency. It manifests itself in multiple ways: his extreme narcissism; his addiction to lying about things large and small, including his finances and bullying and silencing those who could expose them; his detachment from reality, including denying things he said even when there is video evidence to the contrary; his affinity for conspiracy theories; his demand for total loyalty from others while showing none to others; and his self-aggrandizement and petty cheating.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/donald-trump-not-well/597640/
more

He's crazy and we all know it. I just don't see how he wins the next election :shrug:

edit: i just realized that The Atlantic is considered a lefty website. Don't let that detract from the message, though. I think the diagnosis is quite accurate.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:06:31 am by OfTheCross »
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump is not well...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 11:49:48 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 11:50:22 pm »
I take that back...the Democrats might nominate some1 even crazier.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 11:55:56 pm »
@OfTheCross

You need to shorten your excerpts....especially on left leaning sites
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 11:57:55 pm »
   I got to admire the ballziness in your post here @OfTheCross AND the Moderators tolerance.
   I've been on butt salve going on 3 years now and I still don't have the courage to post something like this.

Consider that maybe you need to set a good example for our President:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 12:01:51 am »
@OfTheCross

You need to shorten your excerpts....especially on left leaning sites

duly noted. I didn't want to edit out the examples of his lack of sanity because otherwise the OP would lack context.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 12:04:25 am »
duly noted. I didn't want to edit out the examples of his lack of sanity because otherwise the OP would lack context.

No worries.  I fixed it for you and showed the source of the OP. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 12:04:35 am »
   I got to admire the ballziness in your post here @OfTheCross AND the Moderators tolerance.
   I've been on butt salve going on 3 years now and I still don't have the courage to post something like this.

Consider that maybe you need to set a good example for our President:

Eh, I didn't check the source because I got it straight for another political forum that I thought was Conservative.

The mods here are pretty cool and sane human beings. Lots of sensible conversations.

I just hope that more people on the Right acknowledge Trump's personality disorders.

You don't have to care. But at least tell me you see it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 12:07:44 am »
Actually, these kinds of pieces, not in exactly this vein, have been routine in the NYT and WaPo. I think one of those two even had editorials with something like "Trump is a racist",  misogynist, corrupt,  now, their articles are a bit in the "boy who cried wolf " syndrome. They've said it and now, it doesn't have much affect.

I was in a bookstore last week, "The Atlantic", $8.99 and it was pretty thick for a glossy magazine. I bought one a few years ago, it wasn't as pricey, maybe under $5 and it was real thin in comparison, 48 pages maybe.  Look at this Paul Wehner's other editorial at link, "Trump's words are poison". It's hard to get too wound up on this.

There could be at some time, a true reason to be alarmed, it's like the "boy who cried wolf."

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 12:09:39 am »
uh huh

The Left's disordered personality—their unhealthy patterns of thinking, functioning, and behaving—have become the defining characteristics of their psychoses. They manifest themselves in multiple ways: extreme narcissism;  addiction to lying about things large and small, including their finances and bullying and silencing those who could expose them (Hi Bill and Hill); their detachment from reality, including denying things they said even when there is video evidence to the contrary; their affinity for conspiracy theories or collusion; their demand for total loyalty from others while showing none to others; and their self-aggrandizement and petty cheating.

There. Fixed it.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 12:14:54 am »
Eh, I didn't check the source because I got it straight for another political forum that I thought was Conservative.

The mods here are pretty cool and sane human beings. Lots of sensible conversations.

I just hope that more people on the Right acknowledge Trump's personality disorders.

Why?  Who cares about his flaws when he is doing his damned job? He won an election to be POTUS. Not a choirboy.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 12:16:05 am »
uh huh

The Left's disordered personality—their unhealthy patterns of thinking, functioning, and behaving—have become the defining characteristics of their psychoses. They manifest themselves in multiple ways: extreme narcissism;  addiction to lying about things large and small, including their finances and bullying and silencing those who could expose them (Hi Bill and Hill); their detachment from reality, including denying things they said even when there is video evidence to the contrary; their affinity for conspiracy theories or collusion; their demand for total loyalty from others while showing none to others; and their self-aggrandizement and petty cheating.

There. Fixed it.
Nobody could possibly write a better description of the American Left, and Hollywood in particular. This is one of the best 'projection' pieces I have read in a while. The Left just looks in a mirror, writes what they see, and then pastes it on anyone who opposes them. Amazing, really. Articles like this really expose how far gone, how deranged, the American Left has become.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 12:18:16 am »

He’s a narcissist of the first order...

But because he at least sees the reality of the world he’s also infinitely more sane than any libtard.  So where does that leave you?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 12:25:49 am »
He’s a narcissist of the first order...

But because he at least sees the reality of the world he’s also infinitely more sane than any libtard.  So where does that leave you?

In the same place as you, most likely. A sane person that's slightly ashamed of the President's behavior.

Why?  Who cares about his flaws when he is doing his damned job? He won an election to be POTUS. Not a choirboy.

If you don't hold your POTUS to a higher standard of comportment you might as well move to a country with an "eccentric Dictator" type. A la Gaddafi.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 12:30:41 am »
No worries.  I fixed it for you and showed the source of the OP.

I appreciate your moving it to the correct Category, so it can get the respect it deserves.   rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 12:35:19 am »
In the same place as you, most likely. A sane person that's slightly ashamed of the President's behavior.

If you don't hold your POTUS to a higher standard of comportment you might as well move to a country with an "eccentric Dictator" type. A la Gaddafi.

I do. Who do you think was leading the charge that he not be allowed to Tweet? I didn't vote for him last time because I can't personally stand the SOB. But I am this time.

IMO he is the ONLY person in the Fed Gov with any power that is trying to do right things for this country. Without him I wouldn't have to move to Libya because we would BE Libya.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 12:38:29 am »
I appreciate your moving it to the correct Category, so it can get the respect it deserves.   rrthree

I serve at the pleasure of the owner and admins!   tri22

Is the bar open in lounge?  I'm a bit parched from my walk about.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 12:42:27 am »

Bar is always open. Doesn't mean there is anything left to drink. 

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 12:46:21 am »
Bar is always open. Doesn't mean there is anything left to drink.

Damn that corbe. 

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 12:46:28 am »
   The Bar is empty I even went upstairs into the women's restroom and drank all the cough syrup in the medicine cabinet that they were hiding.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 12:48:39 am »
   The Bar is empty I even went upstairs into the women's restroom and drank all the cough syrup in the medicine cabinet that they were hiding.

That wasn't cough syrup even though it was cherry flavored.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 12:58:06 am »

The Castle Bar is open, as well as the lounge.  I had a PITA.  Tap just blew foam halfway through the draw.  I had to switch kegs.  I know....First World problems.   :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 12:58:06 am »
   All I can say is that some of the Women here really know their Syrup.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 01:04:12 am »
   All I can say is that some of the Women here really know their Syrup.

Can you get that in Nevada?  Asking for a friend....
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 01:05:07 am »
You sir, are a masterwork at outing yourself. @corbe