Author Topic: ‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence  (Read 2333 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That is worth a Gidget digit. @corbe

:thumbsup:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No.  Spiritual as in "I am god, and you must do my bidding."

The two are not mutually exclusive!   :laugh:

Then there's the Teleportation thing....    8888spinning cat
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The confusion happens often, because to Pete, all Christians are the enemy.

They can be mixed and matched with impunity.

@musiclady

I am perfectly capable of speaking for myself,so why would I hire a [Insult redacted] to speak for me?

One reason I hold so many religious people in contempt is because of their hypocrisy. Ring any bells?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 01:14:13 am by Cyber Liberty »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
CBN was run by Pat Robertson, not Jerry Falwell Sr. Are you sure you have the story straight?

@mountaineer

I have already been corrected on this mistake,and apologized. I thank you for the correction also,though. From what little I know of him, Jerry Fallwell Sr was a sincere and honest man.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't do coy.   :laugh:

I know for 10 years the management of TBR said we don't discuss religion.  But this has been overruled lately @The Ghost so why not be upfront and start a separate forum for the discussions? 

@Right_in_Virginia

It isn't a discussion on religion. It is a discussion about a religious man that is suspected of being corrupt. We are discussing the man,NOT his religion.

Offline musiclady

The two are not mutually exclusive!   :laugh:

Then there's the Teleportation thing....    8888spinning cat

:silly:

I get that!  How'd he get up/in/out of there???

Our son's cat got caught in the act, though.  They were keeping him in the laundry room and he jumped up and pulled the door handle down and got out multiple times.  They finally got the idea to put a pack of bottled water in front of the door to make it too heavy for him to move.

Crazy cat pulled the handle down, shoved the door as much as he could, and then took his claws and punctured the water bottles so they drained and were light enough for him to push the door open.

He walked free.   ***cool cat***

@Cyber Liberty
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

Crazy cat pulled the handle down, shoved the door as much as he could, and then took his claws and punctured the water bottles so they drained and were light enough for him to push the door open.
That's the stuff of horror movies, I think. Spooky smart, even for a cat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

That’s what we thought when our son told us what he had done!  They had video of the cat jumping and pulling the handle down, but didn’t get the hole poking part on film. 

He would also let our son in the apartment if he locked himself out, but not his ex-wife. (Some real discernment there!)

We’re kitty sitting the very same cat now, but he’s old and his escapades are over.

Still smart as a whip, though.  happy77

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

@musiclady  Was the cat named "Chuckie?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

@musiclady  Was the cat named "Chuckie?"

Nope.

Vercingetorix 

(aka Tork - which was also Vercingetorix's nickname, btw)

(Our son is unusual.  Unusually bright, but also just unusual).  happy77

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nope.

Vercingetorix 

(aka Tork - which was also Vercingetorix's nickname, btw)

(Our son is unusual.  Unusually bright, but also just unusual).  happy77
With a name like that, is it any wonder it turned out to be a mad genius?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

With a name like that, is it any wonder it turned out to be a mad genius?

Indeed!  :laugh:

He has lived up to his noble, and slightly frightening name.