Author Topic: Liberal Author: ‘Normal’ People Must Stop Wearing Any Kind of Red Hat Because Red Hats Are Scary  (Read 727 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Rebecca Makkai, a former finalist for the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award, apparently believes red hats make ‘disenfranchised people feel unsafe.’
By Katherine Timpf
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/liberal-author-normal-people-must-stop-wearing-any-kind-of-red-hat/

A  prominent liberal author has compared the red “Make America Great Again” hats to Nazi swastikas, and told “normal people” — that is, people who don’t support Trump — to stop wearing any kind of red hat, lest they start “making people scared.”

Rebecca Makkai, who has been a finalist for both a Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award, made the controversial comments on Twitter, according to Fox News.

To be clear, Makkai really was talking about all red hats. In fact, she even specifically asked fans of sports teams that wear red hats — such as the Cincinnati Reds and Washington Nationals — to not wear those hats out in public to avoid making other people afraid.

“Not worth making disenfranchised people feel unsafe,” she wrote . . .
---------------------
I collect and wear assorted baseball team caps. Including . . .

(Nothing against the Nationals, but I prefer to consider this my Washington Senators cap---this cap being the last uniform cap the Senators wore before moving to Texas. And remember, once upon a time Washington baseball had a not-quite-accurate legend: Washington---First in war, first in peace, and last in the American League.)

. . . and . . .

(The 1919 Reds wore this hat. I bought one to commemorate their 1919 World Series win over the Black Sox---and I still maintain those Reds could have beaten those White Sox if that Series was played straight, no chaser. This was yours truly photographed before giving a brief lecture to my local Society for American Baseball Research chapter on the 1919 Reds in January . . . )

. . . and . . .

And Ms. Makkai and anyone else won't take those hats from me even at gunpoint!!

---EA.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 04:34:21 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
My God, man. I have been through some really scary shit in my life.
I mean some real piss your pants crap yourself stuff.
If a Red Hat is all that Liberals have, to be 'scared of'.
They are living a blessed life. Because of me. Because of you.
If these Liberals were left to themselves, they would all be slaves by now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

Scrap St Louis Cardinal hats now too.  :cool:

Offline dfwgator

Offline corbe

I have quite a few Friends that have Red MAGA hats but they are smart enough not to wear them out in public. 
   They only put them on when I'm in their house, just to pizz me off.   @MoMo   wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

For men of my hairstyle who do distance running or walking, wearing a cap is not optional, and there are specialty caps that improve cooling by wicking sweat away from the skin (as odd as that sounds, it does work pretty well). One vendor of such products is Head Sweats, and they do sell plain red caps. :yowsa:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

I have quite a few Friends that have Red MAGA hats but they are smart enough not to wear them out in public. 
   They only put them on when I'm in their house, just to pizz me off.   @MoMo   wink777

Most of my ball caps are camo  :shrug:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Scrap St Louis Cardinal hats now too.  :cool:
@GrouchoTex
I bet this hat the Phillies wear for batting practise would really drive the Rebkka Makais out of their gourds . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She's also saying that MAGA hat wearers are not "normal people".

Offline PeteS in CA

She's also saying that MAGA hat wearers are not "normal people".

That's OK. I've been distinguishing between prog Crazies like those on DU and normal people for a year or two. :yowsa: When Proggies stop calling people with who they disagree "Racist", "Misogynist", and Everything-Evil-ist I'll change.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

I keep looking around for things that "trigger" me.  I think it would be fun to say..."That triggers me."

But I can't find anything. 8888crybaby

Offline musiclady

I keep looking around for things that "trigger" me.  I think it would be fun to say..."That triggers me."

But I can't find anything. 8888crybaby

How about this??   wink777

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online goatprairie

Just about nothing triggers me. Maybe people who put ketchup on their eggs. Disgusting.  :3:

Offline berdie

How about this??   wink777

Thank you @musiclady .   My  dreams are fulfilled. I feel Triggered, lol.  I think I'll go find a safe place now.

Offline musiclady

Thank you @musiclady .   My  dreams are fulfilled. I feel Triggered, lol.  I think I'll go find a safe place now.

Don't forget your coloring books and crayons!

@berdie
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
FOAD, Rebecca.

Hopefully in a blaze of "glory".

Wouldn't want a bunch of these people showing up to save her azz now, would we?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The snowflakes won't be able to sleep if this catches on ....  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Liberals. They're on my Naughty List, and that is not a good thing.

I hear they don't much like coal, either.  :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis