Author Topic: 80% of Central American migrants choose US, 30% in just four counties  (Read 344 times)

rangerrebew

80% of Central American migrants choose US, 30% in just four counties

by Paul Bedard
| September 04, 2019 11:26 AM

Some 80% of all Central American immigrants have landed in the United States, and about 30% live in just four U.S. counties, according to a new analysis of the growing population.

In a demonstration of how immigrant communities attract new immigrants, the federal and international statistics analyzed by the Migration Policy Institute found that the top four counties for Latin migrants are Los Angeles County, California, Harris County, Texas, Miami-Dade County, Florida, and Prince George’s County, Maryland.

The new report also identified which populations were the biggest in those counties.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/80-of-central-american-migrants-choose-us-30-in-just-4-counties
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:42:08 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: 80% of Central American migrants choose US, 30% in just four counties
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 03:23:23 pm »
Is there a Central South American country that is not a mess or worse? Maybe Chile? The US is closer and easier to get to. Keep in mind, too, that California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas have had Spaish-speaking people since those states were Spanish colonies. "Immigrants attract immigrants" is true - consider how many cities had Jewish, Italian, Polish, German*, etc. enclaves - but is an over-simplification.

* The town near which I grew up reached 10K population somewhere around 1951 or 1952. The Lutheran church in that town did not move from services being in German to services being in English until some time in the late 1930s. The town had quite a few families who were Volga Germans, German-speaking people who had left the Ukraine in the early 1900s, anticipating what Russia would become.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 03:37:58 pm »
I recall visiting as a child my grandparents in Montclair New Jersey,  where my grandfather worked as a union carpenter.  I recall being fascinated by the union local's roster,  where at least 95 percent had Scandinavian surnames.   Of course immigrants attract immigrants - that is how they find mutual support in an unfamiliar land.   But the fact of first generation immigrant communities does not prevent assimilation.   To the contrary, in my observed experience such mutual support helps to accelerate the process.

I have little fear that the current wave of legal immigrants and migrants will fail to assimilate.  They will do just fine. My concern lies solely with illegals forced to live underground and separate from the larger American diaspora.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 05:59:23 pm »
80% of Central American migrants choose US, 30% in just four counties

by Paul Bedard
| September 04, 2019 11:26 AM

Some 80% of all Central American immigrants have landed in the United States, and about 30% live in just four U.S. counties, according to a new analysis of the growing population.

In a demonstration of how immigrant communities attract new immigrants, the federal and international statistics analyzed by the Migration Policy Institute found that the top four counties for Latin migrants are Los Angeles County, California, Harris County, Texas, Miami-Dade County, Florida, and Prince George’s County, Maryland.

The new report also identified which populations were the biggest in those counties.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ust-4-counties

the link is dead

If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 08:44:47 pm »
the link is dead

fixed

all you need to do here is post the link like so...no need to put it in the url and /url brackets
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/80-of-central-american-migrants-choose-us-30-in-just-4-counties
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34