Author Topic: Tensions mount between Trump, Pence camps heading into 2020 election  (Read 417 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump considering a new VP? Not so sure if this rumor is true, but I think it would be wise.  He needs to find someone who will bring in additional voters.  I'd like to see either Nikki Haley or Cruz.  Cruz would set the DEM's hair on fire. 

As a note:  If you watch the video of Trump at link below, he doesn't look well.  He looks very tired and worn.  Anyone else?

Tensions mount between Trump, Pence camps heading into 2020 election

When Vice President Mike Pence flew to Europe as the stand-in for President Trump at the 80th anniversary of the start of World War II, it appeared to be another sign that the famously fickle president trusted his vice president.

But Pence’s decision while in Ireland to stay at the Trump golf resort in Doonbeg, the area his grandfather emigrated from a century ago, caught Washington insiders as another act of fealty from a vice president derided at times as overly obsequious, even “oleaginous.”

On the surface, Trump and Pence insist they have a great relationship and are working closer than ever to win reelection in 2020. (They’ve consistently beaten back rumors that former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley is in the running to replace Pence on the 2020 ticket.)

But behind the scenes, tensions have been mounting among Trump, Pence and their top advisers ever since the GOP’s resounding losses in the 2018 midterms. In the weeks afterward, Trump asked aides about replacing Pence on the ticket, and he asked again for their thoughts on Pence during his August vacation at his golf course in Bedminster, N.J., according to Trump advisers who spoke on condition of anonymity to talk about private discussions with the president..........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tensions-strain-between-trump-pence-heading-into-2020-election-090031895.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Tensions mount between Trump, Pence camps heading into 2020 election
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 11:20:48 pm »
Maybe, @libertybele, but it is Yahoo.  But who knows?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 11:23:28 pm »
Not surprising. All part of the MSM script.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 11:26:09 pm »
Maybe, @libertybele, but it is Yahoo.  But who knows?

Yes I considered it was a Yahoo article, but I always found Pence a very odd pick for Trump.  He wasn't all that well known and I never could quite figure out what exactly he brought to the table.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 11:29:05 pm »
Yes I considered it was a Yahoo article, but I always found Pence a very odd pick for Trump.  He wasn't all that well known and I never could quite figure out what exactly he brought to the table.

My guess would be a sober, righteous, conservative type to offset the negative impressions of Trump?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 11:44:32 pm »
Neither man deserves this kind of speculation,  The President has involved Pence is all things, he is truly at the hub of power and decision making.  For Pence's part, he has been an effective, helpful and loyal number two.  They have learned well how to balance each other and are a very good team.

This is vicious gossip, not news.  **nononono*

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 11:46:13 pm »
Trump considering a new VP? Not so sure if this rumor is true, but I think it would be wise.  He needs to find someone who will bring in additional voters.  I'd like to see either Nikki Haley or Cruz.  Cruz would set the DEM's hair on fire. 

As a note:  If you watch the video of Trump at link below, he doesn't look well.  He looks very tired and worn.  Anyone else?

Tensions mount between Trump, Pence camps heading into 2020 election

I'm a bit knackered....  had house filled with grandkids for the past 5 days....

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 12:47:51 am »
The President has involved Pence is all things, he is truly at the hub of power and decision making.  For Pence's part, he has been an effective, helpful and loyal number two.  They have learned well how to balance each other and are a very good team.

Horseshit. Pence is an obsequious joke that has no credibility or clout with Senate Republicans.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/442615-republican-senators-give-pence-an-earful-on-trade

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/26/senate-republicans-trump-national-emergency-border-1189065

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/426896-gop-senators-read-pence-riot-act-before-shutdown-votes
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 01:13:33 am »
Dis be trumped-up FAKE news.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 01:27:58 am »
The press's job is to sow discord in any and all things trump 2020.
Exaggerate when possible. Fabricate when all other options do not fit the narrative.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 06:02:07 pm »
In 2016, when Trump selected Pence, I had an uber conservative friend say why him?  He is so bland.  Well, I have NEVER heard Pence say anything I did not agree with.  He is the only politician I can make that claim of.

Pence and Trump make a great team.  I see no change.  And I see Pence carrying on in 2025 when Trump leaves office.

Nikki Haley in my humble opinion adds nothing to the ticket.  She is from South Carolina, a red state already without her.  And other than being a woman, she does not generate extra votes.  That worked so well for idiot McCain!

I am certain, 100% certain Trump asked aids about keeping Pence.  I would be surprised if he didn't.  Trump questions everything, and I think that makes him unique as POTUS.  He keeps Pence, and they win in 2020!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 07:09:03 pm »
In 2016, when Trump selected Pence, I had an uber conservative friend say why him?  He is so bland.  Well, I have NEVER heard Pence say anything I did not agree with.  He is the only politician I can make that claim of.

Pence and Trump make a great team.  I see no change.  And I see Pence carrying on in 2025 when Trump leaves office.

Nikki Haley in my humble opinion adds nothing to the ticket.  She is from South Carolina, a red state already without her.  And other than being a woman, she does not generate extra votes.  That worked so well for idiot McCain!

I am certain, 100% certain Trump asked aids about keeping Pence.  I would be surprised if he didn't.  Trump questions everything, and I think that makes him unique as POTUS.  He keeps Pence, and they win in 2020!

Besides, Haley turned out to be just another political climber. Her plush assignment as UN ambassador in fabulous New York, New York, showed she liked the benefits enjoyed by the elite political class. I mean, really liked it—heck, the swamp already sent her a membership card, even before she gets to national office. She was approved for the gold card.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 07:21:10 pm »
Neither man deserves this kind of speculation,  The President has involved Pence is all things, he is truly at the hub of power and decision making.  For Pence's part, he has been an effective, helpful and loyal number two.  They have learned well how to balance each other and are a very good team.

This is vicious gossip, not news.  **nononono*
The press's job is to sow discord in any and all things trump 2020.
Exaggerate when possible. Fabricate when all other options do not fit the narrative.

You’d think they’d learn the media MO by now.

How can you tell if the media is lying about Trump? CNN’s ratings and New York Times subscriptions go up.

If they ever start reporting the truth they’ll go out of business.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 07:33:30 pm »
I'm a bit knackered....  had house filled with grandkids for the past 5 days....

A house filled with grandkids for 5 days!!! Lucky, lucky you!!!!   happy77

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 07:51:58 pm »
   I still wouldn't buy a MAGA hat, but I'd send $$$ to his campaign if he dumped the RINO Pence and made Cruz his VP for 2020. Guaranteed WIN because it would bring most 'REAL' Conservatives on board.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 07:58:19 pm »
After looking around a bit I'm 99 44/100% convinced this Yahoo news story is 100% BS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 08:03:10 pm »

A Man can still dream, right @Bigun
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 08:06:09 pm »

A Man can still dream, right @Bigun

I like it, Corbe.