Author Topic: CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP
« on: September 04, 2019, 01:59:58 pm »

There are Christians who hate Trump.  Let’s call it for what it is: hate.  It is their hate—which is very strange for those who name the name of Jesus—that dulls their ability to see the inaccuracy of their comments and their myopic views.

snip:
Here is something else that is really strange, (hypocritical is more like it): why didn’t these guardians of morality speak out against Obama?  Franklin Graham was attacked for questioning Obama’s Christian Faith.  They told him not to judge a brother.  Hold that thought as we explore another question…

How could you not question Obama’s Christianity?  Obama begged the question by dropping the Christian-card whenever it suited him (something Trump never does).   Meanwhile, Barack fought for same sex marriage, late term abortion, gave billions to Iran, and was the most Biblically hostile President in our history.

https://mariomurilloministries.wordpress.com/2019/08/29/christians-who-hate-trump-2/?fbclid=IwAR0lHuEnX-DS4FKZSDEo1MpiWHMfqR8UZhx2aclex3mwtkPgCXtD0KM_-nA
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Re: CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 02:03:57 pm »
"Christians" in my area cannot hang enough rainbow flags on their sanctuaries. Mayor Pete wears his "Christianity" on his sleeve. I suspect these are the kind who are making the most noise about Trump.

I can certainly understand concern with Trump's past personal behavior. But again, his policies as president on whole should reassure all actual believers.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 02:04:50 pm by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 03:01:52 pm »
I voted for Cruz in CA's meaningless June Presidential primary. But the November choices were obvious. Either Clinton or Trump would be President.

There was a lot to dislike about Trump - his sex/marriage life, his business' entailing playing footsie with government. But even pre-2009 and ignoring the Clinton Family Foundation, there was nothing about Hillary that was not easily worse. Then there was the pay-to-play foundation, her inept and responsibility-ducking performance as SecState, Hillary's bungled attempt to avoid FOIA accountability, and her expressed antipathy towards theologically conservative Christians ..... my November vote was not a difficult choice.

Buttigieg's Christianity is like a dude standing in his garage yelling, "Beep! Beep! I'm a car!!!" He makes the noises but his life contradicts the claim.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:49:43 pm »
"hate" is a reflection of something wrong, with the  the "hater."

openly claiming to hate somebody, is "wokeness" and virtue signalling.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 03:57:05 pm »
....naw, I'll let others point out the flaws in the argument.   888mouth

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 05:01:03 am »
Nope. And y'all still don't get it.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 06:15:08 am »
Oh, look, it's the hate card.

It's like the race card, only for people who are too dumb to figure that one out.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 06:21:41 am »
Way out of left field this writer.... He says

So why do so many Christian leaders—who said it was wrong to judge Obama—judge Trump?

Most Christians are ashamed to judge at all... Christians are to "judge rightly"... on all things that pertain to this Earth (ask for verses if unsure where I am coming from)... I judged Obama as being polar opposite to Jesus's teachings, and Trump clueless and drifting without an oar on most things spiritual. He said he was a NY liberal on abortion and wanted gun control... He had no clue on Biblical matters and couldn't even quote one Bible verse he knew (instead he made one up that didn't exist about "envy").

I didn't keep these picture for no reason...

Am I ticked Cruz didn't win... yep, but it didn't effect my vote for Trump... Trump already decided that for himself.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 06:23:25 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 07:49:13 am »
Way out of left field this writer.... He says

Most Christians are ashamed to judge at all... Christians are to "judge rightly"...

YEP.

I judged Obama as being polar opposite to Jesus's teachings, and Trump clueless and drifting without an oar on most things spiritual. He said he was a NY liberal on abortion and wanted gun control... He had no clue on Biblical matters and couldn't even quote one Bible verse he knew (instead he made one up that didn't exist about "envy").

Am I ticked Cruz didn't win... yep, but it didn't effect my vote for Trump... Trump already decided that for himself.

YEP SOMMORE.

It is hilarious to couch the matter as if Christians did not judge Obummer - I most certainly did... Even as I do Tump. Both are without Christian character.

Thereafter it is nothing more than the same old lesser evil argument, with the same old nonsense that we should be grateful for the candy thrown by the clown leading the parade.

Total bullcrap.

Then there's the admonition at the end:

Quote from: the article
Instead of being a religious outlier you should be thanking God, praying for and supporting the President. And voting for righteousness, and against the enemies of freedom.

Can you imagine the hubris? Tump is righteous? That's just plain absurd.

There is no one righteous, no not one.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 07:50:03 am by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 07:51:38 am »
I can certainly understand concern with Trump's past personal behavior. But again, his policies as president on whole should reassure all actual believers.

How so?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 07:52:58 am »
Buttigieg's Christianity is like a dude standing in his garage yelling, "Beep! Beep! I'm a car!!!" He makes the noises but his life contradicts the claim.

Same with Tump.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 07:54:00 am »
Oh, look, it's the hate card.

It's like the race card, only for people who are too dumb to figure that one out.

That's right. Tumpsters use it just like the liberals do.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 12:15:15 pm »
The irony of this is that four days later, he went out insulting Christian pastors for not preaching enough against sexual sin. Meanwhile, he demands support of a President who lusts after his own daughter and brags about sexual abuse, because he's on the "right side."

Something tells me this guy's not genuine.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 02:18:17 pm »
I consider myself Christian, even though I don't belong to any particular church these days.  While I did not vote for Trump in 2016 and don't like the guy, I don't hate him.  I resent the author of this piece for essentially saying that if I'm not rah-rah-rahing for Trump 24/7. then I must hate him and, oh by the way, I'm not Christian either. This author says because I "hate" Trump, I'm being a bad Christian for judging him.  Well, the author is not a good Christian for judging me.

It REEKS of pretension... And they are equally pretensious in claiming high moral ground - The two sides now claiming the high moral ground are equally without any claim to it at all.

On the other hand, what I don't like are Christian religious leaders who talk about Trump as the Second Coming of Jesus.  Seems to me a number of them have placed Trump above the God they claim to worship and serve.  It's ok if you might think Trump is a wonderful guy and has been a great president, but make no mistake -- he ain't Jesus.  He ain't God.  He's a human being like the rest of us.  Seems that many Christian leaders have forgotten that.

Oh, I know, right? Worse than any are the Cyrus claims and the whole 'God raised him up' choir coming out of the churches. It is literally sickening.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 07:48:16 pm »
Same with Tump.

Trump claims to be a Christian?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2019, 07:53:50 pm »
... a President who lusts after his own daughter and brags about sexual abuse...

Got documentation for those two claims? BTW, before alluding to the 2005 Access Hollywood tape, find a transcript and read it. Trump did not say what the MSM claims he said. There's other awful things in it, but don't go moving the goalposts.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 07:55:17 pm »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2019, 07:59:06 pm »
Trump claims to be a Christian?

There are "evangelical" (the term has lost its meaning) Christians who claim he has.

That's the impetus behind the (ungodly) pressure by preachers and "leaders" for their congregants and followers to vote for Trump.  Forgot how debauched he is, forgive his serial adultery, even though he doesn't think he's done anything to ask God's forgiveness for, and follow him because someone somewhere said he was now a Christian and he was God's chosen messenger to save America.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2019, 10:12:03 pm »
General comment.

I keep hearing about Trump’s past personal behavior. I don’t think it’s so much out of the realm of normal male behavior.

Guys, can we talk? Which of you hasn’t had—let’s call it, a frisky—past personal behavior issue or two? Let’s pick arbitrary numbers here, say between the age of 13 and 30, have all of you lead a sin-free life? Come on guys, you know what I’m talking about.

How many of you men, maybe even some of you women, would like to have your poor choices in the biological imperative department to come out years later, after you’ve matured, learned some lessons and have led a decent life since. But then some information about your past with women is dug up and used to go after you, to get you fired from your job or blackmailed or worse, get you in trouble with #metoo attacks and lawsuits.

So millionaire Donald Trump had women throwing themselves at him—what a surprise—was divorced twice and probably fooled around in-between marriages—maybe even during marriage, and engaged in guy talk with the boys about it. You girls don’t talk to each other?

I don’t think that this should disqualify someone for a lifetime either from employment or from redemption.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2019, 10:29:13 pm »
General comment.

I keep hearing about Trump’s past personal behavior. I don’t think it’s so much out of the realm of normal male behavior.

Guys, can we talk? Which of you hasn’t had—let’s call it, a frisky—past personal behavior issue or two? Let’s pick arbitrary numbers here, say between the age of 13 and 30, have all of you lead a sin-free life? Come on guys, you know what I’m talking about.

How many of you men, maybe even some of you women, would like to have your poor choices in the biological imperative department to come out years later, after you’ve matured, learned some lessons and have led a decent life since. But then some information about your past with women is dug up and used to go after you, to get you fired from your job or blackmailed or worse, get you in trouble with #metoo attacks and lawsuits.

So millionaire Donald Trump had women throwing themselves at him—what a surprise—was divorced twice and probably fooled around in-between marriages—maybe even during marriage, and engaged in guy talk with the boys about it. You girls don’t talk to each other?

I don’t think that this should disqualify someone for a lifetime either from employment or from redemption.

@aligncare

I’m with you, pal.

I’d hate to be judged for the rest of my life for past indiscretions.....

:whistle:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2019, 10:51:34 pm »
Another round showing "religious" #nevertrumpers can't tell the pulpit from the head of government.

The Brits beheaded Charles I, to install Oliver Crommwell, who installed aa puritanical church overnment, with himself as head.

That soon grew unpopular, and they went back to their King Charles II, instead of a religion based  puritan based system.

That experience influenced our Founding Fathers,  who steered well clear of merging government with state.

Most US  Presidents have had flaws.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2019, 11:05:10 pm »
The word "hate" is overused and not true - usually here to accuse someone of hate, such as, "You hate Trump (insert any name).  A poster who does that has no way to know what is in the mind of the person they are accusing.  That should stop. 

Also, the word "love", is overused and not true for the same reason: "You love Warren" (insert any name).  Again, the poster has no way to know what is in the mind of the person they are accusing. That should stop.

The title of this article, "Christians Who Hate Trump" is ridiculous.  Why use the word, "hate"?  Some may not like his policies and some may.  That is disagreement, not "hate".  It appears a disagreement labels each one a "hater" from those on each side.  Maybe those who use the word, "hate", are limited in their vocabulary.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2019, 11:13:16 pm »
@aligncare

I’m with you, pal.

I’d hate to be judged for the rest of my life for past indiscretions.....

:whistle:

I seem to recall a story from the Bible in which Jesus Christ himself interacted with members of a mob surrounding a harlot who had been found in their midst and threatening to stone her.  I believe he said something along the lines of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 11:15:41 pm »
The word "hate" is overused and not true - usually here to accuse someone of hate, such as, "You hate Trump (insert any name).  A poster who does that has no way to know what is in the mind of the person they are accusing.  That should stop. 

Also, the word "love", is overused and not true for the same reason: "You love Warren" (insert any name).  Again, the poster has no way to know what is in the mind of the person they are accusing. That should stop.

The title of this article, "Christians Who Hate Trump" is ridiculous.  Why use the word, "hate"?  Some may not like his policies and some may.  That is disagreement, not "hate".  It appears a disagreement labels each one a "hater" from those on each side.  Maybe those who use the word, "hate", are limited in their vocabulary.

Agree, @Victoria33  - Not only limited in their vocabulary, but limited in their ability to think with any form of complexity.

It's easy (and lazy) to call people with whom you disagree "haters," but for the most part (and especially on this particular forum), it is categorically false.

The problem here is that a so-called Christian is calling other Christians sinners because they don't agree with Trump, nor appreciate his juvenile outbursts and lack of basic decency.

That's not hatred.  It's perception, individuality, and discrimination.......... the way the word is intended to be used.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2019, 11:16:41 pm »
I seem to recall a story from the Bible in which Jesus Christ himself interacted with members of a mob surrounding a harlot who had been found in their midst and threatening to stone her.  I believe he said something along the lines of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

I think that rule has been suspended for Trump.    :shrug: