Author Topic: Bernie Sanders: Poor Whites ‘Were Given ‘N—-rs’ To Hate And Look Down On’  (Read 412 times)

rangerrebew

Bernie Sanders: Poor Whites ‘Were Given ‘N—-rs’ To Hate And Look Down On’
DCwire
By Daily Caller

Peter Hasson on September 3, 2019

Democratic presidential candidate and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders used the n-word twice in both his 1997 book “Outsider In The House,” as well as its updated 2015 version, “Outsider In The White House.”

Sanders used the word while accusing Republicans of playing “scapegoat” politics in 1996 by supporting policies like welfare reform, which Sanders described as a “slight variation on very old themes.”

“For a hundred years, the white workers of the South were the most exploited white workers in America. They were paid the lowest wages, they endured the worst working conditions, their housing was abysmal, their kids went to the most backward schools, and very few could send their children to college. But what did they have? They were given ‘bleep’ to hate and look down on, ‘bleep’ who couldn’t vote, drink at their water fountains, use the same bathrooms, or sit up front in the buses or movie theaters,” Sanders wrote in the book, a copy of which was reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/bernie-sanders-poor-whites-were-given-n-rs-to-hate-and-look-down-on/?utm_source=conservativedirect&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tpi&utm_content=newsletter&utm_term=30d
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:17:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline libertybele

I personally find the "n" word offensive. In reading the excerpts from his book, I would love to know his opinion of LBJ's Great Society.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Since democrats owned the south for all those years, who was it doing the exploiting?

Offline skeeter

Sanders used the word while accusing Republicans of playing “scapegoat” politics in 1996 by supporting policies like welfare reform, which Sanders described as a “slight variation on very old themes.”

Who signed these laws Bernie?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup:

Offline Victoria33

I personally find the "n" word offensive. In reading the excerpts from his book, I would love to know his opinion of LBJ's Great Society.
\
@libertybele

I was born in 1933 in Texas, however my parents grew up in Arkansas.  Black people were called the n word as that was their name.  It was not considered bad, it was a name just as an Irish person, a French person, etc.  That was the name my parents used as that was all they knew to call them.  A black woman would come every Monday to help my mother wash clothes in the backyard where there was a big black pot with fire under it to heat the water.  My mother treated the woman well but she was a n---- just as all blacks were called.

Story:
In about 1963, I was a public school teacher and I had an elderly black woman babysit my four year old son.  Her family dropped her off in the morning, and I took her home after my work.  She absolutely would not sit in the front of the car with me though I tried and tried to get her to do so.  She would only sit in the backseat.  I wondered about her upbringing as a black person.  Figuring she was at least 60 years old, and I think older, but at 60, she was born in 1903.  I just looked up years around 1903 in terms of black people, and yes, they were restricted to their race, not accepted as "equal" with white people.

I paid social security money for her when she worked for me, so she would have an income when she could not work.  My son to this day remembers "Essie" fondly.  He got in trouble with me when I got a call from Essie that she could not find my son.  She said she would keep looking, then called that she found him.  He had climbed up in the garage and sat there.  When she went again into the garage, he said, "Look up here, Essie."  He thought that was fun, but Essie and I did not.

Offline berdie

My Dad was a huge bigot. When he would leave the room after making some ignorant statement...my mom would sit us down and tell us that wasn't the way to think and don't ever say the "n" word or I will feed your liver to the dogs. :scared smiley: And she was a very gentle woman but I think she would have done it.. :laugh:

Offline libertybele

Perhaps it's not so much the use of the "n" word as much as it is the tone that some people use when they say it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Perhaps it's not so much the use of the "n" word as much as it is the tone that some people use when they say it.

@libertybele

I agree. It could also be the era. I am a little younger than @Victoria33 (she could have been one of my teachers in '63 if she was teaching in high school). I cringe at the sound of the word because all too often it carried a tone of condescension (at best) or hatred (at worst). But here's the rub. I don't remember ever hearing a conservative or God-fearing person say that word. I remember a lot of union folks and blue collar workers using the term. Daddy would have if he could have, but Mother wouldn't allow it.

Bernie neglects to point out that these evil Southerners were Dems. How often the left stereotypes Southerners! How rarely does media point out which Southerners were racist.

Apparently, the only ones who can insult white lower class people by calling them the N-word are leftists such as Bernie and Robert Byrd. Their hearts are so pure toward the black population, they get a free pass.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My Dad was a huge bigot. When he would leave the room after making some ignorant statement...my mom would sit us down and tell us that wasn't the way to think and don't ever say the "n" word or I will feed your liver to the dogs. :scared smiley: And she was a very gentle woman but I think she would have done it.. :laugh:
My SIL's father is the same, a huge bigot and we have had some disagreements with him using as a defense that he grew up in Missouri and they were N's then and still are, but he just doesn't see himself as a bigot because he has the very same view of Asians, Jews, Muslims..........you know anyone not like him and I just don't know even though I grew up in Lynwood, CA and watched Watts burn and the fallout for years after. Oh, and both my daughter and SIL straighten out my grandson after his other grandpa shares.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

They did and that's the way they continue to enslave the African American Community.  Margaret Sanger wanted to kill those N______.  And they are still killing them.  There are African American websites that tell it like it is.  Planned Parenthood is African American genocide.  They place the "clinics" strategically.

It was always the Democrats.  If you keep them on welfare they won't pursue an education and end up at the college campus with them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
http://www.blackgenocide.org/planned.html

Bernie Sanders Supports Abortions Up to Birth With Absolutely No Limits: “That’s My View”. In January 2018, he voted against a bill to ban late-term abortions — a bill that would have saved as many as 18,000 unborn babies from abortions every yea r. The Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act would have banned abortions after 20 weeks when unborn babies are capable of feeling intense pain. Feb 22 2019
Reference: www.lifenews.com/2019/02/19/bernie-sanders-supports-abortions-up-to-birth-with-absolutely-no-limits-t…

Well Bernie is a N______ a person at birth?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 04:19:54 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.