Author Topic: Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and asks customers not to carry guns into stores  (Read 1455 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
New York (CNN Business)Walmart on Tuesday announced it will reduce its gun and ammunition sales, one month after more than 20 people were killed in a mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas. Walmart also pressured Congress to enact gun safety measures.

The company, America's largest retailer, said it will stop selling handgun ammunition and ammunition for short-barrel rifles after selling all of its current inventory. Walmart (WMT) will also stop selling handguns in Alaska, the only state where it still sells handguns. And Walmart will request that customers no longer openly carry guns into its 4,700 US stores, or its Sam's Club stores, in states that allow open carry.

However, Walmart will continue to sell long barrel deer rifles and shotguns and much of the ammunition for those guns. Walmart will also continue to allow concealed carry by customers with permits in its stores.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/business/walmart-ends-handgun-ammo-sales/index.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I guess they want to be the next K Mart.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Dick's

Them too.  I was gonna go there to purchase the Marlin 336 they've marked down to $357 at the Walmart by my house.  Now I'll just make the PX price match them on the one they carry instead.

This won't go over well for them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline verga

Get woke, go broke.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Request?"  What's that even mean?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

"Request?"  What's that even mean?

Not much, maybe they should say "pretty please".
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not much, maybe they should say "pretty please".

Walmart has been encouraging concealed carry around these parts.  We're Constitutional Carry in this state.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well I used to be a big supporter of them... the tide has shifted. (Vulgar Slang towards Wally World removed from here)...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Walmart is "too big" the retailer for this to hurt them much, if at all. It will be "business as usual".

In many places, there aren't really many alternatives (for those whom this decision offends).

And at least around here (CT), Walmart has never sold guns anyway. And the clientele probably prefers that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well I used to be a big supporter of them... the tide has shifted. (Vulgar Slang towards Wally World removed from here)...

Walmart has been under great pressure to "do something/anything" since one of the shootings was in one of their stores.  Since Walmart is hardly a go-to store for weaponry, it's not much of a loss.  I'm not getting worked up over it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Walmart is "too big" the retailer for this to hurt them much, if at all. It will be "business as usual".

In many places, there aren't really many alternatives (for those whom this decision offends).

And at least around here (CT), Walmart has never sold guns anyway. And the clientele probably prefers that.

Problem is Walmart accounts for 20% of all ammunition sales in the U.S.

So they just said good buy to a huge pile of money.  If I'm buying ammo...I'm gonna want to get what I need for the range or hunting all in one place.  I don't want to have to leap frog all over to get what I want. 

No chain is too big to fail.  See Sears...K Mart...JC Penneys...Dicks

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Walmart has been under great pressure to "do something/anything" since one of the shootings was in one of their stores.  Since Walmart is hardly a go-to store for weaponry, it's not much of a loss.  I'm not getting worked up over it.

IMHO it will have a ripple effect across the board for them.

Online roamer_1

IMHO it will have a ripple effect across the board for them.

LOL! My old eyes saw 'nipple effect' and I had to ponder for a minute...

But other than that, I choose to be offended. There is damn little I get at Wallyworld, but I am gonna make it even less. The only thing I NEED to buy there is my cell phone minutes. And pretty soon, that's all I will be buying there.

Damn shame too - I can't tell you how many buckets of 12ga shells I have bought there. By the box, of course, but 12ga shells are better measured by the 5 gal bucket.

Online libertybele

Good grief.  Another discount chain down the drain.  I don't buy much from Target anymore because of their open bathroom policies for the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ crowd and now Wally World is going anti-ammo.  I normally buy all my pantry supplies there. Well, I guess I be purchasing even less from them now.  There isn't anything that they have that I can't purchase elsewhere ... unfortunately they are cheaper.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I can't even remember when I've bought any ammo at a Walmart. I've been almost exclusively buying my ammo  online for many years now. I did buy a Diana 48 air rifle from Walmart not too long ago. I bought it online to be picked up at Walmart.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good grief.  Another discount chain down the drain.  I don't buy much from Target anymore because of their open bathroom policies for the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ crowd and now Wally World is going anti-ammo.  I normally buy all my pantry supplies there. Well, I guess I be purchasing even less from them now.  There isn't anything that they have that I can't purchase elsewhere ... unfortunately they are cheaper.

We just discovered "Grocery Pickup."  It's fabulous, you punch up the items on the phone app, add them to the cart, check out and schedule a pick up time.  Pull up next to the store, phone the number on the sign, and there's a friendly gal with the cart of stuff to load it in the car for you.  I don't even get out of the car, and they've been giving me bottled water to drink while I wait.

I wonder how long this lasts...
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
LOL! My old eyes saw 'nipple effect' and I had to ponder for a minute...

But other than that, I choose to be offended. There is damn little I get at Wallyworld, but I am gonna make it even less. The only thing I NEED to buy there is my cell phone minutes. And pretty soon, that's all I will be buying there.

Damn shame too - I can't tell you how many buckets of 12ga shells I have bought there. By the box, of course, but 12ga shells are better measured by the 5 gal bucket.

:silly: I hope your shooting eye is better than your reading eye!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Walmart hasn’t been the same since Sam passed away. IIRC all his kids turned out to be Liberal Clinton and Obama supporters.

Online roamer_1

:silly: I hope your shooting eye is better than your reading eye!

Hey, it's a thing... Ever since I have owned a smart phone... If I forget to turn it off by the side button before I put it away, my nipple has taken to calling random people. Twice now, calling a woman I know and particularly do not like, who likes me altogether too much... What could that be but the nipple effect at work?

:laugh:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Many years ago I went into the general store in Paige TX and asked for a box of 12ga shells. It quickly became apparent that most people there didn't buy shells by the box cause they pulled shells outta about 4 boxes to make me a box of shells. A far cry from buying shells by the bucket.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can't even remember when I've bought any ammo at a Walmart. I've been almost exclusively buying my ammo  online for many years now. I did buy a Diana 48 air rifle from Walmart not too long ago. I bought it online to be picked up at Walmart.

I can't recall the last time I bought anything at Walmart and I don't anticipate doing that anytime soon.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

I can't recall the last time I bought anything at Walmart and I don't anticipate doing that anytime soon.
Sadly the one near me has the best price on .223 ammo.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
This is one of my GoTo places to find good deals on ammo. http://www.gunbot.net/