Author Topic: Snowflake Alert: Writer Says Stop Wearing Red Hats Because They Trigger Her And Scare People  (Read 519 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Snowflake Alert: Writer Says Stop Wearing Red Hats Because They Trigger Her And Scare People
Matt Vespa

@mvespa1
|
Posted: Sep 02, 2019 1:00 PM

Twitter is the place to drop an A-bomb like this. If this is serious, then this person needs help. If she wanted to get ratioed, mocked, and create a ruckus, then she certainly succeeded. Apparently, wearing red baseball caps is a triggering experience for Rebecca Makkai and she warned that it scares other people. Even baseball caps that aren’t political are not worth wearing because they trigger liberal America. I mean this is just weakness. And people wonder why the far left isn’t taken seriously and seen as antithetical to liberal democracy. According to them, you can’t say certain things—they have speech codes—and you can’t even wear certain things. That’s not American. If you have a problem with someone wearing a Make America Great Again hat, that’s your problem. This isn’t an emergency. There are no laws being broken. So, good patriots, wear those MAGA hats with pride because this is just un-serious in the extreme.

Rebecca Makkai
✔
@rebeccamakkai

Is anyone else made really uncomfortable these days by anyone wearing any kind of red baseball cap? Like, I see one and my heart does weird shit and then I finally realize it only says Titleist or whatever. Maybe don't wear red caps anymore, normal people?
9:01 PM - Aug 31, 2019

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/09/02/snowflake-alert-writer-says-stop-wearing-red-hats-because-they-trigger-her-and-scare-people-n2552492
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

She's so right! Wearing this red hat is giving me a headache.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Hey Rebecca.....F___ YOU!

Offline roamer_1

She's so right! Wearing this red hat is giving me a headache.

I find this hard to believe... I have yet to see a MAGA hat IRL... And ball caps are everywhere.

There must be a helluva lot of them somewhere, but around here they are mythical. I have seen Bigfoot tracks IRL... but not a single MAGA hat.  :shrug:

Offline skeeter

Hey Rebecca.....F___ YOU!

Precisely the same thought occurred to me.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
She belongs in the snowflake hall of fame.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline musiclady

She belongs in the snowflake hall of fame.

Someone here on TBR should start one.

She has my vote.

I wonder if these ladies scare her too.......

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

September 3, 2019
Snowflake crybully wants people to stop wearing red caps because she feels triggered by MAGA hats
By Thomas Lifson

Normally, I wouldn’t comment on a ridiculous demand from a leftist who feels triggered by something conservatives do and wants everyone to change their behavior so her emotional stability won’t be threatened any longer. But this snowflake bully is a serious author, a winner of many literary awards, and the demand is utterly, mind-bogglingly stupid.

Check out what Rebecca Makkai wants:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/09/snowflake_crybully_wants_people_to_stop_wearing_red_caps_because_she_feels_triggered_by_maga_hats.html

rangerrebew

And I'm triggered by mindless, weepy, snowflakes, and since I'm her elder and she should respect her elders, she needs to shut  up and get out of my life. *look*

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Someone here on TBR should start one.

She has my vote.

I wonder if these ladies scare her too.......

LOL!  For the record, Mrs. Liberty is a member of RHS.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Ubuntu users scare me.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Topics merged.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Topics merged.

Thanks!  I was trying to find that other thread....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

Okay Cincinnati, Philadelphia, St.Louis, Anaheim, and Washington D.C.

No more baseball fans allowed in public, you just might trigger somebody's irrational fear of the color red.

We can't have any of that now, can we?

Offline LottieDah

So Santa Clause should stop wearing a red hat?  God help us all!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Thanks!  I was trying to find that other thread....

It is hard sometimes.  Threads are hard to find and the "search" can be an exercise in futility. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

It is hard sometimes.

Sometimes you make it so easy that I just don't even bother...
 :laugh: :beer:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sometimes you make it so easy that I just don't even bother...
 :laugh: :beer:

It is in the spirit of teen work isn't it Roam's!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.