Author Topic: White House says it’ll look again at deportation deferral requests  (Read 238 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
White House says it’ll look again at deportation deferral requests
By Andrea Shalal | Reuters

WASHINGTON, Sept 2 – The Trump administration, facing criticism over deportations from lawmakers and civil rights groups, said on Monday it would reopen consideration of some deferral requests for compelling circumstances such as medical conditions.

In August, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) said it was “no longer entertaining” such requests from people outside the U.S. military, but on Monday said it would reopen and complete cases that were pending on Aug. 7, the day the new policy took effect.

The agency said it still believed it was appropriate to hand over responsibility for such work to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), enabling its own staff to focus more efficiently on other legal immigration applications.

Maria Isabel Bueso, 24, came to the United States as a child for treatment of her rare genetic disease.

Read  more at: https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/02/white-house-says-itll-look-again-at-deportation-deferral-requests/

I can't tell her whole story myself but what I know, the USA, the government or the hospital actually invited her to come to the USA for treatment of her very rare disease.  She in no way, ever came illegally and furthermore, her medical costs have NOT been paid for by the government but by insurance. Maybe there's charity in there too, one has to look into the details deeper. Also, where she currently is, is I believe somewhere around the SF bay area.

If you had not heard this story, it has gotten a lot of play, I am glad if they are consider letting her stay because this treatment is rare to find.

She has also gone to college or something, she is excelling in her own chosen field.

Further reading: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/02/us/trump-immigration-deferred-action.html
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:05:03 pm by TomSea »