Author Topic: Donald Trump Says His 'Real Opponent' in 2020 Election Is the 'Fake News Media,' Not Democrats  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Donald Trump Says His 'Real Opponent' in 2020 Election Is the 'Fake News Media,' Not Democrats
news 59 minutes ago
Newsweek

President Donald Trump took aim at the news media in a series of tweets on Monday, claiming the industry would pose his biggest challenge in the upcoming 2020 presidential election. According to the former real estate mogul, it wasn't Democrat contenders he considered his main opponents in the election but rather the "fake news media."

"The LameStream Media has gone totally CRAZY! They write whatever they want, seldom have sources (even though they say they do), never do "fact checking" anymore, and are only looking for the "kill." They take good news and make it bad. They are now beyond Fake, they are Corrupt." Trump wrote.

https://start.att.net/news/read/article/newsweek-donald_trump_says_his_real_opponent_in_2020_electi-rnewsweek/category/news

Yeah right Mr. President.  In a perfect Trump world we would only get what you want reported and nothing more.  Like Neil Cavuto said "We don't work for you Mr. President".  That's a problem.

Chuck and Nancy aren't real problems.  Democratic Congress not a problem.  Illegal immigration not a problem.  Sanctuary cities, not the problem.  Drug Cartels and dirty immigration officers not the problem.  Kim jung Un and his nukes not the problem.  Republicans leaving office not the problem.  Trumps own tweets not the problem.  Trump Administration drama not the problem.  Gun control, not the problem.  And most of all National Debt not the problem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:56:52 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not approving what he's saying here, but have previous Presidents ever said the press was fair?

I'm more concerned about what they actually do about it. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

I'm not approving what he's saying here, but have previous Presidents ever said the press was fair?

I'm more concerned about what they actually do about it.

No, the press is not fair to the presidents.  But Trump is the biggest whiner.  Remember how much crap Bush had to take?  I hardly think that the News media is the biggest challenge any president has.

I also think that its likely Fake News comes from Trumps own Twitter Account.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No, the press is not fair to the presidents.  But Trump is the biggest whiner.  Remember how much crap Bush had to take?  I hardly think that the News media is the biggest challenge any president has.

I remember the Bush years, too, and the press was really bad.  After 2004 he stopped fighting back resulting in a "Anybody but Bush" President in 2008.  If you want to say a President shares the blame with the Press, look there.  Bush just gave up, especially after losing the House.

They may be objectionable, the cringeworthy Tweets, but as of 2019 Trump is just being obvious about the level-10 hate from the press.  Do you think the Press would start being straight with Trump if he just stopped Tweeting?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The best defense is a great offense.  Man the torpedoes.  Full speed ahead.  The Liberal press is the enemy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Remember how angry we were that W never fought back?  Remember how W was so damaged by the media and disliked by the Republican electorate that the RNC didn't invite him to either the 2008 or 2016 Republican Conventions?  Generally speaking and especially in politics surrender is not applauded.

I pay attention to the President's twitter account.  Your speculation is wrong.

Offline skeeter

The press attacks this president daily, by omission and inclusion, with insults and flat lies, and you respond by attacking the president.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The fake news and the democommies are in  the same club.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

The LameStream Media has gone totally CRAZY! They write whatever they want, seldom have sources (even though they say they do), never do “fact checking” anymore, and are only looking for the “kill.” They take good news and make it bad. They are now beyond Fake, they are Corrupt...

....The good news is that we are winning. Our real opponent is not the Democrats, or the dwindling number of Republicans that lost their way and got left behind, our primary opponent is the Fake News Media. In the history of our Country, they have never been so bad!

5:22 AM - 2 Sep 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1168499357131427840

Offline Chosen Daughter

I remember the Bush years, too, and the press was really bad.  After 2004 he stopped fighting back resulting in a "Anybody but Bush" President in 2008.  If you want to say a President shares the blame with the Press, look there.  Bush just gave up, especially after losing the House.

They may be objectionable, the cringeworthy Tweets, but as of 2019 Trump is just being obvious about the level-10 hate from the press.  Do you think the Press would start being straight with Trump if he just stopped Tweeting?

Your right he shouldn't just sit back and allow it.  But he is sitting back and allowing the Democrats to walk all over his agenda.  That doesn't seem to bother him.  That he keeps signing spending bills which do not secure the border.  I think its silly to state that the media is your "real opponent" in the next election.  The real opponent is the Democrats themselves and their agenda which he hasn't bothered to stop.  He wouldn't have to worry about the media if he would do his job.  And he even has FOX on the list even though they have been nothing but a mouthpiece for him since he announced his campaign.

The media would be no threat if Sanctuary cities no longer existed.  If deportations were more than just talk.  If he hadn't failed in the first two years of his presidency.   Illegal immigration skyrocketed.  The National Debt skyrocketed too.  If the media is honest and covers good and bad fairly as to how his presidency is wrapping up for first term it isn't great.  Nobody can help that he signed all those bills.  That he didn't use his power to get things done.  He is his worst opponent in 2020 elections.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

What if whining is the best way to get the American people to wake up to the fact that the media has an agenda which comes far before journalism, and lies every minute of every day to advance it?

And what if it's not the best?   At least it's an attempt (okay, it could be, or maybe it is just whining -- or maybe six of one...?).

Joe Wilson didn't show the most tact in his remarks, but it sure was refreshing to hear them said.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Absalom

Hmm..............agree the media is Trump's mortal enemy!
Now picture him leaving the WH travelling somewhere; so what does he do???
Why he marches over to the press posse, blathers something or other as they
shout questions at him and an hour's worth of back and forth commences.
Your enemies must fear you; otherwise they simply urinate on you.
So why does Trump engage in this asinine behavior???
Because that's where the cameras and mikes are and he desperately craves
the attention this gets him even if it makes him look like an utter fool!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

The press, as it is currently the composed, is the moral enemy of anyone who loves liberty and I am extremely thankful that we finally have a leader willing to take them on.  LONG overdue!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:46:56 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

The press, as it is currently the composed, is the moral enemy of anyone who loves liberty and I am extremely thankful that we finally have a leader willing to take them on.  LONG overdue!

Before Trump came along, every republican slandered by a media-created scandal, based merely on accusations of racism or misogyny or homophobia, simply folded up his tent. And with the immortal words “Thank you, sir, may I have another,” exited the stage, never to be heard from again.

Trump don’t play that game and many of us are glad for it. Trump speaks truth to media power and control and pose some very uncomfortable questions that the media would rather not explore with the public.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:52:15 am by aligncare »

Offline Chosen Daughter

What if whining is the best way to get the American people to wake up to the fact that the media has an agenda which comes far before journalism, and lies every minute of every day to advance it?

And what if it's not the best?   At least it's an attempt (okay, it could be, or maybe it is just whining -- or maybe six of one...?).

Joe Wilson didn't show the most tact in his remarks, but it sure was refreshing to hear them said.

Everyone knows the media has an agenda.  You only go to your own news sources that you believe are good.  I like Conservative Review.  I think that it is "real news" without the agenda.  Unless you think that wanting to follow the laws and secure the border is an agenda.  FOX has been more than accommodating to POTUS, but he trashes them too.  I think that Trump owes the Presidency to FOX News.  The reason I quit watching.  They weren't fair and balanced they were just "Trump".
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:16:46 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

:yowsa:, absolutely!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Everyone knows the media has an agenda.  You only go to your own news sources that you believe are good.  I like Conservative Review.  I think that it is "real news" without the agenda.  Unless you think that wanting to follow the laws and secure the border is an agenda.  FOX has been more than accommodating to POTUS, but he trashes them too.  I think that Trump owes the Presidency to FOX News.  The reason I quit watching.  They weren't fair and balanced they were just "Trump".

Everyone knows the media has an agenda?

No.

99.9% of people (I made that number up) are going to believe what they see on PMSNBCLBGTQWENEEDMOREFNLETTERS. 

I can't say Trump's approach is the best one, but at least he's calling attention to the media bias  (in his own "special" way).
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Is everything you don't understand "asinine" in your worldview?  POTUS has replaced the daily press briefing with these short press stops.  He is denying the media the frenzy and camera face time they crave while still giving the WH correspondents access to the White House.  You're not hearing much about Jim Acosta these days, are you.  The story is no longer the WH press pool's agenda and behavior, but about what the POTUS has said.

Good grief, man, think it through.   

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

What in the hell is wrong with you?    :shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What in the hell is wrong with you?    :shrug:

I think I may be on to something here.  People love the sausage, but they find that seeing it being made is distasteful.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

I think I may be on to something here.  People love the sausage, but they find that seeing it being made is distasteful.   :shrug:

I think that’s why Rush keeps reminding conservatives specifically of this (regarding the actions and reactions, and the dueling words between Trump and the media establishment):

â€œThis is what fighting back looks like, folks.”

I’ll just add here that we can’t win by following the rules established by the establishment. Up to now the majority of republicans who obeyed those rules lose.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I’ll just add here that we can’t win by following the rules established by the establishment. Up to now the majority of republicans who obeyed those rules lose.

Bingo that is the salient point. 
Our side always says, "Take the high road, don't stoop to their level and other feel good slogans that losers repeat ad nauseum after they show a pattern of being a doormat.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

I've stopped trying to figure out Trump's public approach. Many times I do not understand it. But neither do I understand why Dancing with the Stars & The Bachelor were/are wildly successful.

On this site we closely follow politics. We understand history & have well developed ideas on the role of government as well as the importance of the media's obligation to keep the electorate informed. Most people - those who's vote Trump depends upon - do not. Why try to understand what appeals to them and why? Trump's constant harping on the media has made their bias obvious to many more and that should be fine with all of us.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:05:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I've stopped trying to figure out Trump's public approach. Many times I do not understand it. But neither do I understand why Dancing with the Stars & The Bachelor were/are wildly successful.

On this site we closely follow politics. We understand history & have well developed ideas on the role of government as well as the importance of the media's obligation to keep the electorate informed. Most people - those who's vote Trump depends upon - do not. Why try to understand what appeals to them and why? Trump's constant harping on the media has made their bias obvious to many more and that should be fine with all of us.

Certainly fine by me!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Certainly fine by me!!

I like tasting the sausage too. :whistle:
I will NOT comply.