Author Topic: Biden: 'Absolutely mindless' we haven't banned 'magazines that can hold multiple bullets in them’  (Read 578 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: 'Absolutely mindless' we haven't banned 'magazines that can hold multiple bullets in them’
by Julio Rosas
 | September 02, 2019 04:24 PM

Former Vice President Joe Biden criticized President Trump during a stop in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, for not pushing for stronger gun control legislation, such as banning "assault type weapons" and magazines that can hold more than one bullet.

Biden made his comments after the mass shooting spree in Odessa and Midland, Texas, where seven people were killed and over 19 were wounded. The day after the shooting, new gun laws that loosened some restrictions went into effect in Texas.

"And we're talking about loosening access, to have guns, to be able to take them into places of warship, I mean, it is absolutely irrational. It's totally irrational. And it's all about special interests and it has to stop. It has to stop," Biden said.

"The idea that we don’t have elimination of assault type weapons, magazines that can hold multiple bullets in them, it's absolutely mindless," he continued, saying such a ban would not violate the Second Amendment.

Most modern-day firearms have magazines that hold more than one bullet, with a standard magazine for an AR-15 holding 30 rounds. Many gun control advocates want bans on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-absolutely-mindless-we-havent-banned-magazines-that-can-hold-multiple-bullets-in-them
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says Trump has 'no intestinal fortitude' to deal with gun violence in aftermath of Texas shooting
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/459645-biden-says-trump-has-no-intestinal-fortitude-to-deal-with-gun
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biteme seems to think this is a winning strategy.  I hope he rides the wave.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Another bizarre brain fart from Biden. A magazine that holds a single bullet, ... I don't know what to say about that.
All weapons should be bolt action? or muzzle loaders?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Another bizarre brain fart from Biden. A magazine that holds a single bullet, ... I don't know what to say about that.

Just as  the Gun Control Act of 1968 banned the import of cheap "Saturday Night Specials" innovative companies found away around it....

There is no action, no bill, that can solve this current problem.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Like most on the left, he has no idea of gun terminology or how guns work. Every time they speak they reveal abject ignorance, but their audience is the ignorant, so it works for them.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just as  the Gun Control Act of 1968 banned the import of cheap "Saturday Night Specials" innovative companies found away around it....

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Truth. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mountaineer

Just another bidenism, and the media will fail to point out how utterly stupid it was.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

Just another bidenism, and the media will fail to point out how utterly stupid it was.

The media don't know anything about guns or how ridiculous Biden's statement was.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I've got your "gun control" right here, Joe:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

I've got your "gun control" right here, Joe:
Joe's next proposal: plug up all but one cylinder in a revolver. Who needs all those bullets, anyway?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

Biden: 'Absolutely mindless'

Says it all.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
There are 1 round magazines. They're called sleds and are used for bench rest target shooting.

But I couldn't imagine only allowing sled magazines.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Biden: 'Absolutely mindless'

Says it all.

Right up there with "It would be unconstitutional if it wasn't in the Constitution!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien