Author Topic: She Quit 'American Idol' to Join the Air Force  (Read 245 times)

rangerrebew

She Quit 'American Idol' to Join the Air Force
« on: September 02, 2019, 01:26:17 pm »
She Quit 'American Idol' to Join the Air Force

Department Of Defense | By Katie Lange

Nalani Quintello quit 'American Idol' to be in the U.S. Air Force -- that's how excited she was to join up. Now, she's serving her country as the lead singer of Max Impact, the service's six-member rock band. Their mission? To travel the world honoring our vets, connecting with communities and inspiring patriotism through music. It's something she never saw coming as a kid, but now she can't imagine doing anything else.

Katie Lange: You're from a military background. How did that shape your upbringing?

Nalani Quintello: My sister is also in the Air Force, and my dad was in the Army before I was born. He was stationed in Germany, where he met my mother, who was full German. I was born in Germany and raised there for about eight years, then my family ended up moving back to Florida, which is where I spent the bulk of my life. I actually had to learn how to speak English because I had a terrible German accent. So, I grew up bilingual, which was really cool.

https://www.military.com/off-duty/2019/08/29/she-quit-american-idol-join-air-force.html