Author Topic: Trump slaps sanctions over illegal oil shipments to North Korea  (Read 278 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump slaps sanctions over illegal oil shipments to North Korea
Washington Times, Aug 30, 2019

The Trump administration on Friday slapped sanctions on two Taiwan-based individuals and several shipping companies for providing oil shipments to North Korea in violation of U.N. sanctions.

The Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control also identified one vessel as “blocked property” after engaging in ship-to-ship transfers of oil to North Korean vessels.

“Treasury will implement and enforce existing U.S. and U.N. sanctions on individuals, entities, and vessels involved in illicit ship-to-ship transfers with North Korean flagged vessels,” said Treasury Undersecretary Sigal Mandelker. “Shipping companies trading with North Korea are exposing themselves to significant sanctions risk, despite the deceptive practices they try to employ.”

The administration’s action freezes any U.S. assets of the individuals and companies and could expose other companies doing business with them to further sanctions.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/30/donald-trump-slaps-sanctions-over-illegal-oil-ship/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump slaps sanctions over illegal oil shipments to North Korea
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 04:19:13 pm »
 :yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien