Author Topic: Dems fire back after DHS bars staff from visiting border facilities  (Read 315 times)

rangerrebew

Dems fire back after DHS bars staff from visiting border facilities

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

'The Five' co-host Juan Williams weighs in on comments from Rep. Elijah Cummings saying the DHS doesn't want reports on the conditions of border detention facilities.

House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings on Thursday fired back after the Department of Homeland Security barred Democratic staff from visiting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facilities, alleging they were “disruptive” during their last trip.

Cummings, D-Md., penned a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, blasting the agency for its decision to “block” Democratic staff from visiting, claiming the decision was made only after the committee’s staff inspections revealed potential issues at the centers.

“I am writing to express my deep concern that the Department of Homeland Security decided to block Committee staff from conducting visits to 11 detention facilities just days after previous staff inspections revealed potentially serious ongoing problems with the treatment of children and adults in DHS custody — including blocking visits to sites where the Inspector General warned about an ‘immediate risk to the health and safety of DHS agents and officers, and to those detained,’” Cummings wrote Thursday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-fire-back-after-dhs-bars-staff-border-facilities

Offline Axeslinger

Re: Dems fire back after DHS bars staff from visiting border facilities
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 12:48:22 pm »
Cummings isn’t smart enough to strung a sentence like that together all on his own.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 01:12:57 pm »
Given that there have been dozens of facility tours by Congressional people and private groups, the "They're hiding @#$%!" claim is patently absurd. Not that many - if any - in the MSM would be likely to point this out. Cummings needs to train his staff how to behave like reasonable and respectful adults ... if he knows how to do that himself.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 02:22:07 pm »
Is that it?  I was looking forward to an exploding head speech from the Baltimore Large Mouth Bass, complete with veins popping out of his neck and forehead, and this is all I get?  We was robbed!!

I demand a refund! :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: