Author Topic: Trump Could Be the Next George H.W. Bush  (Read 232 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump Could Be the Next George H.W. Bush
« on: August 30, 2019, 04:02:49 pm »
Trump Could Be the Next George H.W. Bush
[Bloomberg]  Karl W. Smith   BloombergAugust 29, 2019

(Bloomberg Opinion) -- Donald Trump is dangerously close to becoming the first Republican president since George H.W. Bush to raise taxes. According to the Tax Foundation, if the tariffs already announced by Trump go into effect, they will amount to a $200 billion annual tax increase. That’s larger than the $165 billion average annual reduction in 2017’s Tax Cut and Jobs Act.

Bush’s brazen break with Republican orthodoxy, along with a sluggish economy and broken promises, made him a one-term president. If Trump’s not careful, he may join him.

In his 1988 campaign, Bush famously asked the public to read his lips when he promised “no new taxes.” While Bush had been Ronald Reagan’s vice president, he came from an earlier generation of moderate Republicans. Movement conservatives always had doubts about his fealty to their low-tax agenda.

Read more at:   https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-could-next-george-h-113010954.html

So, the gist of this article is about taxes?  I thought it might touch on other points. Posted at Drudge.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump Could Be the Next George H.W. Bush
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 04:38:49 pm »
So, the gist of this article is about taxes?  I thought it might touch on other points. Posted at Drudge.

I can't recall candidate Trump saying, "read my lips."  I knew the moment Poppy said that he was doomed to fail because it was an obvious pander just to get elected  (IOW, a "lie").  I never liked him, and I wished Ronald Reagan had replaced him in 2004 with somebody who would not work furiously to undo Reagan's legacy as GHWB did.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: