Author Topic: 2019 Darwin Award Winner: Power Washing Sidewalks is Racist in Seattle  (Read 1387 times)

rangerrebew

2019 Darwin Award Winner: Power Washing Sidewalks is Racist in Seattle
Steven Ahle August 28, 2019   

Seattle, Washington, like many other liberal cities have a growing homeless problem and their streets have become toilets, with human feces everywhere.

The city council is trying to figure out the best way to clear it from their streets.

The problem is that Democrats cannot come up with a solution that pleases everyone. In Seattle, liberalism has run wild and it affects the brain cells of local politicians.

The most logical way to clean the streets is using power washers and pushing the water down storm and sewer drains.

https://steadfastandloyal.com/politics/2019-darwin-award-winner-power-washing-sidewalks-is-racist-in-seattle/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 03:11:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: 2019 Darwin Award Winner: Power Washing Sidewalks is Racist in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 03:41:27 pm »
So, Seattle will allow unsanitary conditions and dangerous diseases to fester only because one of the methods required to eliminate the danger reminds one person of an utterly unrelated historical use of an equally unrelated object.

What is the word for "government by irrational and uneducable children"? 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Mod1

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 04:07:22 pm »
Moving to state government category.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 04:28:35 pm »
Another council member, Claudia Balducci, suggested that the county consider using social-service employees in partnership with police.

If these out of touch morons think that government workers and Cops are going to take time out of their workday to clean shit off the sidewalk, well I can tell you right now that's never going to happen.

What if Council Members get off their butts and actually contribute something to society by cleaning sidewalks. That's another thing that will never happen.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 04:32:58 pm »
I see a problem with the "solution":  Washing the poop down the storm sewers will create a serious bacterial problem in the ocean near the outlets.  Beaches will have to be closed to swimmers.

The answer is to crack down on the poopers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 04:53:09 pm »
Ahem! It's only August, and SF or LA or Baltimore or AOC or Biden or ... may yet steal this award.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 10:30:34 pm »
I see a problem with the "solution":  Washing the poop down the storm sewers will create a serious bacterial problem in the ocean near the outlets.  Beaches will have to be closed to swimmers.
Estuarine fisheries would likely have to be closed due to bacteria counts as well.
Well, that's easy enough!

Ban A$$h*les!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 11:42:58 pm »

You answer is the correct one, but I'm not sure that the bacterial load from washing down the sidewalks after the homeless crap on them will really represent a sufficiently great increase from what already gets into them with run-off to pose a health risk.  There are rats, squirrels, birds, and dogs crapping all over the place in an urban environment, too.  And, this is Seattle, we're talking about, where it rains all the time. The human waste is making it into the storm sewers already, just not in an expeditious enough fashion to result in clean sidewalks.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 11:47:05 pm »
You answer is the correct one, but I'm not sure that the bacterial load from washing down the sidewalks after the homeless crap on them will really represent a sufficiently great increase from what already gets into them with run-off to pose a health risk.  There are rats, squirrels, birds, and dogs crapping all over the place in an urban environment, too.  And, this is Seattle, we're talking about, where it rains all the time. The human waste is making it into the storm sewers already, just not in an expeditious enough fashion to result in clean sidewalks.

Interesting observations.  So, I wonder if the human waste is significant enough?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 11:54:36 pm »
Interesting observations.  So, I wonder if the human waste is significant enough?
How much poo do you want in the water you swim in?

How much do you want the fish and shellfish you consume to filter out?

I have known waterways to be closed to the harvest of fish and shellfish over this very issue.

https://water-research.net/index.php/fecal-coliform-bacteria-in-water

Considering the amount of drug use among homeless populations, the potential for some really nasty pathogens to be present exists. That said, washing that material off sidewalks might warrant protective equipment..
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 11:56:09 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 12:07:53 am »
How much poo do you want in the water you swim in?

How much do you want the fish and shellfish you consume to filter out?

I have known waterways to be closed to the harvest of fish and shellfish over this very issue.

https://water-research.net/index.php/fecal-coliform-bacteria-in-water

Considering the amount of drug use among homeless populations, the potential for some really nasty pathogens to be present exists. That said, washing that material off sidewalks might warrant protective equipment..

Lots of people I know won't do "public water."  No pools, nor beaches, and it's for this reason. 

As for the hoser detail, I'd say most certainly protective gear.  I'd close off the sidewalk/street under cleaning from the public, too.  Overspray.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 12:11:46 am »
Lots of people I know won't do "public water."  No pools, nor beaches, and it's for this reason. 

As for the hoser detail, I'd say most certainly protective gear.  I'd close off the sidewalk/street under cleaning from the public, too.  Overspray.

Yes, close it off, aerosolized pathogens could be nasty for anyone in range.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 12:17:57 am »
It's too bad Mike Rowe doesn't do "Dirty Jobs" anymore, this would be a killer episode.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2019, 12:20:24 am »
It's too bad Mike Rowe doesn't do "Dirty Jobs" anymore, this would be a killer episode.
It'd be a great reason to quit....

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2019, 12:54:40 am »

It will probably take a little lot of both.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 12:56:14 am »
It'd be a great reason to quit....

Yeah, but county jail and public service sentences from judges... a captive labor force...
and sure to reduce petty crime...
I would sure think twice.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 01:05:11 am »
BTW, this isn't really a "Darwin Award" story.  No childless person was killed or became sterile because of a stupid action.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 01:30:29 am »
BTW, this isn't really a "Darwin Award" story.  No childless person was killed or became sterile because of a stupid action.

Hope does spring eternal...  :whistle: