Author Topic: Trump's personal assistant resigns: NYT  (Read 355 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's personal assistant resigns: NYT
« on: August 30, 2019, 02:17:03 am »
Trump's personal assistant resigns: NYT
By Rachel Frazin - 08/29/19 09:14 PM EDT

President Trump's personal assistant, Madeleine Westerhout, has reportedly resigned.

The New York Times reported that Westerhout, who has served as Trump's assistant since the first day of his administration, resigned Thursday, according to two people familiar with her departure.

According to the Times, Westerhout's resignation came after Trump reportedly learned that she had shared information on a recent working vacation about his family and Oval Office matters she was part of during an off-the-record dinner with reporters at hotels near the president's Bedminster, N.J., resort.

The Times reported that Westerhout was immediately labeled a "separated employee" and would not be allowed to return to the White House on Friday after Trump reportedly learned of her alleged conversation with journalists.

Westerhout did not immediately respond to the Times's request for comment.

Trump personally has fumed over the extensive leaks that have marked his tenure, and has sought to crack down on unauthorized disclosures from the White House.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/459378-trumps-personal-assistant-resigns-nyt
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump's personal assistant resigns: NYT
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 02:25:31 am »
Off the record. The NYT.  Hey it must be true.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 02:26:45 am »
Hmmm.  I wonder if it was the "nuking a hurricane" leak?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 03:21:56 pm »
Lots of reports out there that she'd been on the "watch list" for a while and the nuke hurricanes leak was the one that exposed her beyond doubt.

She'll settle into a cushy job at MSNBC.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 12:08:56 am »
Trump: Fired aide made comments about children

Morgan Chalfant and Brett Samuels

1 hr ago

President Trump on Friday said his personal secretary was fired after she made remarks about his children during an off the record dinner with reporters.

Trump told reporters as he left the White House for Camp David that he'd just spoken with Madeleine Westerhout, who was fired a day earlier.

"I think she said some things. She called me. She was very upset. She was very down," Trump said.

Trump would not say definitively whether or not he fired Westerhout.

"She called and I wished her well," he added.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-fired-aide-made-comments-about-children/ar-AAGzKz0?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 03:33:42 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

While Madeleine Westerhout has a fully enforceable confidentiality agreement, she is a very good person and I don’t think there would ever be reason to use it. She called me yesterday to apologize, had a bad night. I fully understood and forgave her! I love Tiffany, doing great!

5:52 AM - 31 Aug 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1167782135786332161