Author Topic: Has hijab-wearing Rep. Omar committed an offense for which Sharia prescribes stoning?  (Read 731 times)

rangerrebew

Has hijab-wearing Rep. Omar committed an offense for which Sharia prescribes stoning?

Aug 28, 2019 8:00 am By Robert Spencer 

The wearing of hijab is a sign of Sharia compliance, and that may mean trouble for Ilhan Omar. Stoning adulterers is not “extremist”; it is Islamic law. The caliph Umar, one of Muhammad’s closest companions, even maintained that it was originally in the Qur’an:

‘Umar said, “I am afraid that after a long time has passed, people may say, “We do not find the Verses of the Rajam (stoning to death) in the Holy Book,” and consequently they may go astray by leaving an obligation that Allah has revealed. Lo! I confirm that the penalty of Rajam be inflicted on him who commits illegal sexual intercourse, if he is already married and the crime is proved by witnesses or pregnancy or confession.” Sufyan added, “I have memorized this narration in this way.” ‘Umar added, “Surely Allah’s Apostle carried out the penalty of Rajam, and so did we after him.” (Bukhari, vol. 8, bk. 82, no. 816)

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/08/has-hijab-wearing-rep-omar-committed-an-offense-for-which-sharia-prescribes-stoning

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If this was Saudi Arabia, she would already be dead by now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Muslims are no different than Christians:  They wrap themselves in their holy books only when it suits them.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
She showed support of gay groups over in the Middle East, I'd think that would be an offense as well.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/rep-ilhan-omar-throws-support-behind-lgbtq-palestinian-group-n1044496

She and the others, stick up for the Democrats immorality, now, I'm not calling this particular instance that necessarily, I'd have to study it but as a whole, the Quad certainly does.

They've actually been pretty quiet lately imho.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Muslims are no different than Christians:  They wrap themselves in their holy books only when it suits them.

Yes, 20th Century Christians are famous for burying women up to their necks and stoning them to death (when they aren't busying themselves with mutilating female genitals), or throwing gays off of rooftops.  No different. *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

Please list genocides that Christians have imposed on others in recent times.

For Muslims, in recent times, we can say they have committed a genocide in Syria/Iraq in the last decade. In Bangladesh in the early 1970s,  against Armenians in the famous Turk inflicted genocide of 1915.

I know it suits you to group religions together as well, a way to thumb your nose at others.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Yes, 20th Century Christians are famous for burying women up to their necks and stoning them to death (when they aren't busying themselves with mutilating female genitals), or throwing gays off of rooftops.  No different. *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

I said they were "no different" with respect to their hypocrisy in wrapping themselves in their holy books only when it suits them.   

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I said they were "no different" with respect to their hypocrisy in wrapping themselves in their holy books only when it suits them.   

If you like your Holy Book, you can keep your Holy Book said no Moslem evar.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If you like your Holy Book, you can keep your Holy Book said no Moslem evar.

Christians likewise subscribe to a similar view -  that the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ.   That means more than half the planet is going to hell.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline TomSea

And you too, are no different with the secularism and dictatorship of relativism that you push. That's your belief system or say, you are a Christian as you have but the point remains.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And you too, are no different with the secularism and dictatorship of relativism that you push. That's your belief system or say, you are a Christian as you have but the point remains.

pointing-up

Thanks, @TomSea.  You nailed it. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

I have never been to Massachusetts, I'm sure it is lovely but I do think, with all due respect, we are seeing, in a sense,  how people might see things there more just the way some thinking might be more common in Texas and so on for each state.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Care to provide an example so I have an idea what hypocrisy you accuse me of?     

Offline TomSea

Care to provide an example so I have an idea what hypocrisy you accuse me of?   

It appears you rely on a secular law, the Constitution says so per Court ruling but those rulings can change and have in the past.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It appears you rely on a secular law, the Constitution says so per Court ruling but those rulings can change and have in the past.

I said Muslims and Christians both wrap themselves in their holy books only when it suits them.   That was a generalized charge of hypocrisy.   You responded that I am no different.  That is a charge of personal hypocrisy.   Please back up your charge, or withdraw it.  When have I wrapped myself in my [belief system] only when it suits me? 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:49:10 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline TomSea

I said Muslims and Christians both wrap themselves in their holy books only when it suits them.   That was a generalized charge of hypocrisy.   You responded that I am no different.  That is a charge of personal hypocrisy.   Please back up your charge, or withdraw it.  When have I wrapped myself in my [belief system] only when it suits me? 

Yes, I stand by this, it be same-sex marriage, abortion, we are talking about a secular outlook, moral relativity. I am not accusing anyone of hypocrisy, I just say you are no different. You too have a belief system. We have heard it here often, gun control and so on.

Offline dfwgator

But she would not feel so all alone....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Yes, I stand by this, it be same-sex marriage, abortion, we are talking about a secular outlook, moral relativity. I am not accusing anyone of hypocrisy, I just say you are no different. You too have a belief system. We have heard it here often, gun control and so on.

So now I'm accused of "moral relativism".    This is getting tiresome.   Either show some class and withdraw you personal attacks, or let me defend myself by pointing out at least one example where you believe I support "moral relativism",  or decline to apply to myself the "belief system" you claim I seek to impose on others.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Good one!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good one!

I'm surprised that took over a dozen posts to show up.   :silly:
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

Christians likewise subscribe to a similar view -  that the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ.   That means more than half the planet is going to hell.    *****rollingeyes*****

:silly: We leave eternal fates in God's hands, though He has given us indications of how He will judge. Unlike too many Muslims, we don't have a holy book that instructs us to "help" non-believers meet their Maker and act on that instruction. As Surah 9 of the Qur'an does.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

I saw what you did there. 

Offline TomSea

So now I'm accused of "moral relativism".    This is getting tiresome.   Either show some class and withdraw you personal attacks, or let me defend myself by pointing out at least one example where you believe I support "moral relativism",  or decline to apply to myself the "belief system" you claim I seek to impose on others.

If someone is making personal attacks, report then to the moderator, that violates forum  rules.

Offline TomSea

Relativism and “Gay Marriage”
The Obergefell decision and the proper role of civil government

https://principlestudies.org/commentaries/relativism-and-gay-marriage/

Sorry, I said gay or same-sex marriage from the get-go, per talking about relativism. Nobody cast any kind of a smear.

Gay rights and "cultural relativism"
By Petra Davis
3 minutes

"[A] big error by some multiculturalists has been to bow to demands for cultural sensitivity by tacitly accepting that some peoples and communities can be exempt from the norms of universal human rights," argues the veteran lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) campaigner Peter Tatchell in the Independent today.

Tatchell's piece is an excerpt from his talk "Multiculturalism: the Subversion of Human Rights?", given as part of the Glasgay! festival. Citing the conspicuous lack of protections for LGBT people in equality legislation, Tatchell made the case that multiculturalism is leading to the rights of some minorities being prized over those of others. He also alleged complicity from those whose wariness of accusations of racism and Islamophobia could readily be exploited by the religious right, and argues that human rights activists have a moral duty to intervene in one another's cultures to establish universal human rights.

Tatchell's central contention -- that multiculturalism should not equal cultural relativism -- is shared by the activist and campaigner Linda Bellos. "Cultural relativism is destructive," she agrees. "It sets up a hierarchy of oppression, a kind of competition in which one minority group seeks to claim that it is more oppressed than another. In actual fact, most people have a set of identities that are multiple -- so, for example, there are many black people who are also lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender, and I'm one of those people. For us, setting up a hierarchy of oppression means there's always conflict."

https://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/cultural-capital/2009/11/gay-rights-tatchell-black

So, someone is not familiar with the terminology which is pretty common. It took a while to get back to this point, but I finally did and there are many articles on it.

Relativism

Secular Humanism.

Anyone need more examples? We have not had same-sex marriage until this day and age for all practical intentions.

@Jazzhead

Yes, that's an example and I gave it right off the bat.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:18:21 pm by TomSea »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If someone is making personal attacks, report then to the moderator, that violates forum  rules.

You are dodging the question.