Author Topic: Has hijab-wearing Rep. Omar committed an offense for which Sharia prescribes stoning?  (Read 720 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Mods and I await a report. 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Sorry, I said gay or same-sex marriage from the get-go, per talking about relativism. Nobody cast any kind of a smear.

So, someone is not familiar with the terminology which is pretty common. It took a while to get back to this point, but I finally did and there are many articles on it.

Relativism

Secular Humanism.

Anyone need more examples? We have not had same-sex marriage until this day and age for all practical intentions.

@Jazzhead

Yes, that's an example and I gave it right off the bat.

I know what cultural relativism is.   I asked you to explain why I was guilty of the charge.   

As to the subject of gay marriage,  how does civic tolerance equate to cultural relativism?   You have the same freedom as you have always had to denounce the practice.  The recognition of civil gay marriage is not a rejection of your religious view of the matter,  nor a proclamation of normalcy.   The culture has accepted gay marriage,  certainly in many parts of the country.  And the Constitution requires the equal protection of the law.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 11:54:21 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If this was Saudi Arabia, she would already be dead by now.
There is no question of that. If she was in Saudi, Gaza, or Iran, she would be in jail, at least, if not dead.
In all of the countries she calls 'perfect examples of moral behavior', she would be arrested for the makeup and lipstick alone, among very many other behaviors which religious Muslims would call an insult to Allah.

This is the 'real' reason Talib does not want to visit her grandmother. It has nothing to do with Israel. SHE IS AFRAID of what would happen to her there. She could easily be kidnapped, extorted, or detained by the PLO. And she knows this full well.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:14:37 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Christians likewise subscribe to a similar view -  that the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ.   That means more than half the planet is going to hell.    *****rollingeyes*****
As for Jesus, yes, that is what I believe.

As for the world, look around and give us your best guess.....

I'd say the place has been going to Hell in a handbasket for a while, now. :shrug:

We have been given some pretty plain guides on how to avoid The Almighty's wrath, in general.
But decisions about the eventual and eternal disposition of individual souls are (thankfully) made above my pay grade.

Still, within the belief system she professes to profess, there are some harsh Earthly penalties for egregious breaches of doctrine.

The topic wasn't (last I checked) whether Christians would bury her to her neck and throw substantial rocks at her, nor did it have anything to do with whether Christians would make her neck her uppermost appendage (neither are Christian practice for failure to follow doctrine), but whether under her particular belief system those might be prescribed penalties for breaches of faith.

Now, maybe taqiyah covers her actions and behaviour and provides a dispensation for her actions in Islam because of her office, something she would be highly unlikely to achieve in the countries in question.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:29:39 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis