Author Topic: Bolton: No Need For Zelenskiy To 'Rush' Into Action On Donbas  (Read 464 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bolton: No Need For Zelenskiy To 'Rush' Into Action On Donbas

KYIV -- U.S. national-security adviser John Bolton says there is no need for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to "rush" into any course of action regarding Russia’s involvement with separatist forces in eastern Ukraine.

"I think, from the perspective of a new government in Ukraine, President Zelenskiy would be well-advised to look at how to unfold a strategy of dealing with the Russians very carefully," Bolton told RFE/RL in a wide-ranging interview on August 27 in Ukraine's capital, Kyiv.

“I don't think there is any reason to rush it into one course of action or another…. I think working this through over a period of time makes sense for the new government in Ukraine."

Read more at: https://www.rferl.org/a/national-security-adviser-bolton-arrives-in-ukraine-to-underscore-u-s-support-/30131329.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Bolton: No Need For Zelenskiy To 'Rush' Into Action On Donbas
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:04:06 pm »
They may need to do something, if their aid is cut, in about one month.

The funds for Ukraine can’t be spent while they’re under review and the money expires at the Sept. 30 end of the fiscal year. The account was originally created by defense policy legislation enacted in late 2015 to help Ukraine battle pro-Russian separatists in Crimea after Moscow annexed the region in 2014.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/28/trump-ukraine-military-aid-russia-1689531
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Bolton: No Need For Zelenskiy To 'Rush' Into Action On Donbas
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 03:09:58 pm »
"If" this is so... I certainly do not go along with the administration but I'm still exploring this:

Russia's nuclear weapons tests were linked to a radioactive explosion. Trump's friendliness with Putin makes it hard for NATO to do anything about it

Author : Mitch Prothero
Business Insider looked into further development of NATO-Russia relations in the view of Moscow's buildup of the nuclear arsenal
17:30, 29 August 2019

Since a radioactive explosion in Nyonoksa, Russia, this month, NATO has been watching closely, and, according to sources in the alliance, quickly concluded it was part of a reckless test to develop an experimental new nuclear-powered cruise missile.

However, NATO has felt incapable of taking a hard line with President Vladimir Putin over his weapons program in part because of US President Donald Trump's troublingly friendly approach to Russia, three NATO officials told Insider.

According to the officials — who spoke anonymously because they are not authorized to discuss the issue on the record — the agency agrees with widespread assessments that the explosion at a military facility near Nyonoksa on August 8 was part of a nuclear weapons program.

Read more at: https://112.international/russia/russias-nuclear-weapons-tests-were-linked-to-a-radioactive-explosion-trumps-friendliness-with-putin-makes-it-hard-for-nato-to-do-anything-about-it-43065.html

Will just post this for now...