Author Topic: Trump says China pushing deal as "they've lost millions of jobs"  (Read 219 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump says China pushing deal as "they've lost millions of jobs"
CBSNews

Biarritz, France — President Trump lauded his Chinese counterpart on Monday and said Beijing was actively reaching out to Washington to resume trade negotiations and "make a deal" to end a spiralling trade war. He made the remarks at a Group of Seven (G-7) summit in France with fellow world leaders, many of whom are gravely concerned about the impact of a deepening trade war between China and the U.S.

"I think we're going to have a deal, because now we're dealing on proper terms. They understand and we understand," Mr. Trump said. "Very big things are happening with China."

On Friday Mr. Trump announced that his administration would boost tariffs on $550 billion in Chinese imports later this year in retaliation for China's decision to hike trade levies on $75 billion in U.S. products. The move deepened a trade war that many fear could tip the U.S. and other global economies into recession. 

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-china-called-twice-and-wants-to-make-a-deal/ar-AAGlqPF

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump says China pushing deal as "they've lost millions of jobs"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 11:20:26 pm »
China has lost millions of jobs? Perhaps he’ll come to their rescue, again.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!

10:01 AM · May 13, 2018·Twitter for iPhone

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.