Author Topic: GOP Rep. Sean Duffy resigning from Congress  (Read 407 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Sean Duffy resigning from Congress
« on: August 26, 2019, 04:02:13 pm »
GOP Rep. Sean Duffy resigning from Congress
By Juliegrace Brufke - 08/26/19 11:40 AM EDT

Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.) announced on Monday he was resigning from Congress after being elected to his fifth term in 2018.

"After eight and a half years, the time has come for me to focus more on the reason we fight these battles – family," Duffy said in a Facebook post.

Duffy — who was first elected to Wisconsin’s 7th Congressional District during the Tea Party wave in 2010 — said he will leave his seat on Sept. 23 after finding out his ninth child has a heart condition.

“Recently, we’ve learned that our baby, due in late October, will need even more love, time, and attention due to complications, including a heart condition. With much prayer, I have decided that this is the right time for me to take a break from public service in order to be the support my wife, baby and family need right now.  It is not an easy decision – because I truly love being your Congressman – but it is the right decision for my family, which is my first love and responsibility,” he said in his post.

“On September 23, I will step down and allow others to step forward to begin laying out their own vision and plans for leading this beautiful district and the most honest, hard-working, family-oriented, patriotic, and God-fearing constituents in America.”

Duffy serves on the powerful House Financial Services Committee.

Politico first reported the news of his resignation.

DEVELOPING

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/458828-gop-rep-sean-duffy-resigning-from-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: GOP Rep. Sean Duffy resigning from Congress
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 04:42:37 pm »
Best wishes for the Duffy family.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 06:02:53 pm »

Agreed, but they're playing with fire, considering mom is 47 years old. I'm familiar with the issues of being a dad again at 48. I love my son to death, but parenting into your 60s can be a real challenge. That's a job for younger folks, IMO.

Best wishes to them.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 06:33:35 pm »

Indeed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 07:01:13 pm »
I think Sean will run for Governor.

I've thought for awhile that he will be President someday.   

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 11:27:11 pm »
Agreed, but they're playing with fire, considering mom is 47 years old. I'm familiar with the issues of being a dad again at 48. I love my son to death, but parenting into your 60s can be a real challenge. That's a job for younger folks, IMO.

Best wishes to them.
Especially since this is child number nine. I'd understand if you were like me and weren't able to have children until later in life for some reason or another, but once you get to that age, you really have to start getting concerned about the risks you're taking.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024