Author Topic: NYT: Pro-Trump operatives compiling "fireable" dirt on hundreds of journalists  (Read 892 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A pro-Trump network of conservative operatives has been compiling dossiers of potentially damaging public comments and social media posts by journalists who have produced unfavorable coverage of the administration, the New York Times' Ken Vogel and Jeremy Peters report.

The big picture: The group has already released information on journalists at CNN, the Times and the Washington Post, but sources say the operation has only disclosed a fraction of its dirt. More is set to be disseminated as the 2020 election campaign ramps up, including potentially "fireable" information on "several hundred" journalists, according to one source. The research is also said to include information on journalists' families and any "toxic" political affiliations.

What they're saying: The White House press office said no one in the White House, including the president, was aware of or involved in the scheme and that no funding for the operation has been provided by the administration or the Republican National Committee.

But, but, but: According to the Times, "The Trump campaign said it was unaware of, and not involved in, the effort, but suggested that it served a worthy purpose. 'We know nothing about this, but it’s clear that the media has a lot of work to do to clean up its own house,' said Tim Murtaugh, the campaign’s communications director."
    Sam Nunberg, who worked on the 2016 Trump campaign, told the Times: "Two can play at this game. The media has long targeted Republicans with deep dives into their social media, looking to caricature all conservatives and Trump voters as racists."

The bottom line: Trump has long been at war with the press, consistently deeming factual reporting "fake news" and attacking journalists as the "enemy of the people." The effort to delegitimize reporters on a personal level, even if not led by Trump himself, appears to be an unprecedented step.

https://www.axios.com/trump-journalists-new-york-times-cnn-washington-post-4a684ec4-f345-4384-be93-af395a2850c4.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I'd evoke Mark Twain sage advise about not picking fights with those who buy ink by the barrel, but we're in the internet age now.

Offline aligncare

Trump has long been at war with the press, consistently deeming factual reporting "fake news"

The New York Times dedicated it’s entire editorial staff to a single, three-year story: Russia, Russia, Russia; and with the express purpose of getting Donald Trump to resign or be removed by impeachment. They, along with 95 percent of the media, were complicit in handing the House back to the co-conspirator democrats who concocted the Russia coup. The media didn’t initiate it, but boy did they run with it!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd evoke Mark Twain sage advise about not picking fights with those who buy ink by the barrel, but we're in the internet age now.

Top notch! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
These same operatives promised the same damaging info on Andrew Cuomo... and yet, when it came time to reveal it... "Clorox." They had nothing.

Don't even get me started on anything damaging Hillary Clinton!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Sooo...never pick a fight with someone who buys their bandwidth by the terabyte??
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline verga

BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

The New York Times dedicated it’s entire editorial staff to a single, three-year story: Russia, Russia, Russia; and with the express purpose of getting Donald Trump to resign or be removed by impeachment. They, along with 95 percent of the media, were complicit in handing the House back to the co-conspirator democrats who concocted the Russia coup. The media didn’t initiate it, but boy did they run with it!

Nearly three years of building that sand castle, and Mueller himself washed it away with one 500-page report. When the truth hurts your narrative ...

Going back a decade or so, this same NYT slandered John McCain, claiming he had been carrying on an affair with some lobbyist.

What are the Las Vegas odds the NYT ran with Dingy Harry's false claim Romney hadn't paid taxes in years? And then published the truth much later somewhere on page ZZ-28?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

Sooo...never pick a fight with someone who buys their bandwidth by the terabyte??

Never pick a fight with someone who's friends own 1200 petabytes of storage.

Offline rustynail

Twitter and Fraudbook will just ban anyone who tries to post anything?

Offline thackney

Never pick a fight with someone who's friends own 1200 petabytes of storage.

Is the NSA part of the Executive Branch?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"A pro-Trump network of conservative operatives has been compiling dossiers of potentially damaging public comments and social media posts by journalists who have produced unfavorable coverage of the administration, the New York Times' Ken Vogel and Jeremy Peters report."

Sounds just fine to me.

It's called "fighting back".

"Operatives"... when you are ready and sure of your targets... FIRE AWAY...!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And the problem is?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline PeteS in CA

As I posted on the other thread about this story:

They can't handle being the objects of investigative journalism. How they could not imagine that ever happening, I don't understand. It's like some sort of weird messianic complex, they think themselves sacred, but anybody else potential or actual targets.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

They can't handle being the objects of investigative journalism. How they could not imagine that ever happening, I don't understand. It's like some sort of weird messianic complex, they think themselves sacred, but anybody else potential or actual targets.

It is what they are teaching in the schools.

Used to be something like this

To maintain objectivity in journalism, journalists should present the facts whether or not they like or agree with those facts. Objective reporting is meant to portray issues and events in a neutral and unbiased manner, regardless of the writers opinion or personal beliefs

Now, objective reporting means they object to anything outside their Party lines.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

An excellent observation, and tue indeed. Thanks for making it.  :beer:

I hope this begins a trend that takes off. Who knows, a side benefit could be it gives cover to feckless republicans, when they see the party has some fight left in it, to stick their necks out and take a stand on issues important to GOP voters, instead of always giving us the political soft shoe.

Offline PeteS in CA

Maybe it's just that I hang out too much with folks interested in politics, but it looks to me like Trump has flushed the MSM from their last remnant of non-partisan pretense, and a significant percentage of Americans either loath the MSM, or approve of their partisanship because Orange Man Bad.

Offline cato potatoe

Is it fireable if the press would go out of business before punishing one of their own?