Author Topic: Tom Steyer bucks DNC's debate rules, demands podium in Houston  (Read 314 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Like all libs, why pay attention to rules?

Look forward to the Dems giving way to one of their biggest donors.
Democratic presidential hopeful Tom Steyer is getting antsy about the polls.

His campaign on Friday demanded the Democratic National Committee change the rules to make it easier for Mr. Steyer to get a spot in the September debate in Houston.

Facing an Aug. 28 deadline to qualify, Mr. Steyer has scored 2% in three polls but still needs to do it again to get in the debate.

“The polling is clear. In just over six weeks, Tom’s message of breaking the corporate stranglehold in Washington is resonating in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada,” Steyer campaign manager Heather Hargreaves said in a statement. “The American people deserve to hear this message in September but are being denied by the lack of recent qualifying polls. Today, we are calling on the DNC to expand their polling criteria to include more qualifying polling.

“As a party, we want to ensure the will of the voters is respected,” Ms. Hargreaves said.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/23/tom-steyer-bucks-dncs-debate-rules-demands-podium-/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Tom Steyer bucks DNC's debate rules, demands podium in Houston
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 08:11:24 pm »
There are "candidates" that are dropping out of the democrat list, that I haven't even heard of.

I believe that Tom Steyer is just too rich and too white,, for the dems this time.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 12:00:47 am »
There are "candidates" that are dropping out of the democrat list, that I haven't even heard of.

I believe that Tom Steyer is just too rich and too white,, for the dems this time.
In politics, I have never heard of being too rich.  It works the other way.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 12:39:37 am »
So sick of seeing this guy's ads every time I click on a YouTube video.