Author Topic: Trump admin to consider allowing local governments to veto refugee resettlement  (Read 364 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump admin to consider allowing local governments to veto refugee resettlement
Daniel Horowitz · August 22, 2019   

Amid a week full of executive realigning of immigration policies with the original laws passed by Congress, the Trump administration is setting its eyes on another proposal to give the American people more of a say in the future of their society. NBC is reporting that according to a draft proposal, “the federal government will resettle refugees only where both the relevant state and local governments have consented to participate” in the resettlement program.

This is a proposal I have long championed and wrote about in my book. While immigration in general is a national policy and was designed to be dealt with at a federal level, as I explain in chapter eight of Stolen Sovereignty, refugee resettlement is different:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/trump-admin-consider-allowing-local-governments-veto-refugee-resettlement/

States and Counties with Sanctuary policies

https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities-Counties-and-States

I object!  All Washington State Trump voters should immediately dump the Trump.  Immigration is National policy.  It is a matter of National Security.  It would be un Constitutional to think that you can just dump illegal immigrants because you can't stop it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What he should be doing is declaring Sanctuary policy unconstitutional.   Going after those States for breaking National Law.  You can't stop illegal immigration if any of the states are enablers. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

Well, where I live, it won't change things.  Both state and local officials welcome illegals and alleged "refugees" with open arms.  They don't give a karp what we citizens and taxpayers think. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I think that is the wrong approach.

He instead should erect a refugee resettlement camp beside Obama's new mansion on Martha's Vineyard.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

He instead should erect a refugee resettlement camp beside Obama's new mansion on Martha's Vineyard.

Beside it?  How about compelling the Obamas to house these illegals and "refugees" in their mansion.?  Looks like they will have plenty of room. 

I've been saying that all along -- to politicians, the Catholic Church and the rest of the so-called "do-gooders who force these people on the rest of us.  If you want to take them in, fine.  You house them and pay for their needs.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:22:22 pm by Applewood »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm glad he's proposing this.  Areas should not have to accept illegal aliens.

Offline PeteS in CA

But they would be in danger due to Global Warming! wink777
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.