Author Topic: Iowa professor: 'I affirm that I am antifa'  (Read 745 times)

Online mountaineer

Iowa professor: 'I affirm that I am antifa'
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:02:16 pm »
Iowa professor: 'I affirm that I am antifa'
 By Jessica Chasmar -
The Washington Times -
 Thursday, August 22, 2019

An Iowa professor has publicly affirmed his involvement with the militant leftist collective “antifa” after he was questioned by local media about a variety of left-wing social media posts, including one that said he wanted to “clock” President Trump with a baseball bat.

“I affirm that I am antifa,” Jeff Klinzman, an adjunct English professor of nearly 10 years at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, told local ABC affiliate KCRG.

The news station dug up multiple posts from Mr. Klinzman on his personal Facebook page and the Facebook page for “Iowa Antifa,” where he criticized President Trump and the evangelical Christians who voted for him.

One post on his personal page included a poem that said, “Kill them all and bury them deep in the ground,” KCRG reported. Mr. Klinzman reportedly went on to explain, “It’s not pretty, and I’m not proud, but seeing what evangelical Christians are doing to this county and its people fills me with rage, and a desire to exact revenge.”  ...  Rest of story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Iowa professor: 'I affirm that I am antifa'
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 11:10:38 pm »
Fire that dirtbag!

If he had advocated violence in support of Conservative causes, where would he be?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 10:50:55 pm »
The college (finally) responds:
Message To The Greater Kirkwood Community

As you may be aware, it has come to light that Jeff Klinzman, an adjunct professor in our English Department, has received criticism for opinions he has expressed online and in the news media. Some of those opinions were expressed as far back as 2012, while another about the current President of the United States, was made more recently. The news of these opinions has drawn considerable attention from many inside and outside of the Kirkwood community just as we embark on a new school year.

Kirkwood Community College leadership has been assessing this matter in recent days, especially its potential impact on our learning environment.

With the safety of our students, faculty and staff as our top concern, we made the decision this morning to identify an instructor who will take over the one course that Mr. Klinzman was to have taught this semester. We have spoken with Mr. Klinzman this afternoon about this matter and have accepted his resignation.

I understand that our decision to remove Mr. Klinzman from the classroom may be supported by some and criticized by others. I also understand that in today’s climate, some may use this decision to support broader arguments about free speech on college campuses. That’s why I want to be very clear with you the reasoning behind this decision.

It is Kirkwood leadership’s assessment that the attention this matter has garnered has the potential to create an environment that is disruptive to our mission. Our decision to remove Mr. Klinzman from the classroom has nothing to do with the substance of his views or his right to express them. Rather, our decision is based solely on our commitment to fostering a safe learning environment for our students, faculty and staff.

I also want to be clear that Kirkwood Community College fully supports Mr. Klinzman’s right to articulate his views in whatever forum he chooses. This action does not in any way prevent him from continuing to engage in the expression of free speech. However, when the expression of views by him or any member of our community is perceived as placing public safety in jeopardy, or hampers our ability to deliver on our mission, we will always do what is necessary in service to our students’ pursuit of a higher education.

With that said, we want you to be aware of the actions we’re taking to ensure that when students arrive on campus on Monday morning, they are able to fully focus on their education.

Our security team will have a visible presence throughout campus on Monday morning and going forward. As always, members Cedar Rapids Police Department will be on campus as well.

Campus security and members of the Cedar Rapids Police Department are working together to develop and implement a safety plan. We are grateful for the CRPD’s ongoing support and assistance.

Jon Buse, vice president of Student Services and Jennifer Bradley, executive dean of the English, Arts and Humanities Department will visit the classroom first thing Monday morning to brief students on this matter and the steps being taken to ensure that their coursework can continue safely and without disruption

While it was certainly not our goal to have the school year start on this note of distraction, we do want to do everything we can so you are fully aware of the facts, our position and steps we’ve taken to manage this matter in a way that supports our students and our mission.

And finally, we expect that this matter may be the subject of discussion on campus and here in town. We fully support those who wish to engage in debate and discussion about this matter. We are hopeful that the discussion happens civilly, safely and in a way is not disruptive to the Kirkwood community. In a free society and especially in higher education, a lively, robust and free exchange of ideas is essential, after all.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide you with this update in response to the media attention and messages we received. We will continue to keep you apprised of this matter as necessary.

Lori

Dr. Lori L Sundberg

President
Kirkwood Commmunity College
via Facebook
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 11:23:46 pm »
Fact (1) Admitted member of an organization with violent history.
Fact (2) Admitting the desire to do bodily harm to a POTUS.

Fire him?  Shit, he should be getting visits from Secret Service about now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 11:43:50 pm »
"Throw a punch for the children"...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 01:16:47 am »
Fact (1) Admitted member of an organization with violent history.
Fact (2) Admitting the desire to do bodily harm to a POTUS.

Fire him?  Shit, he should be getting visits from Secret Service about now.

Fact (2) has me wondering about that SS visit, too, in light of Fact (1).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 12:25:24 pm »
Step lightly professor, there are many of us in Iowa that aren't Antifa and will respond with a beat down or dirt nap if you want to get froggy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 01:10:36 pm »
Step lightly professor, there are many of us in Iowa that aren't Antifa and will respond with a beat down or dirt nap if you want to get froggy.
Things that play on the coasts, do not in the heartland.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis