Author Topic: Prof Who Predicted 40-Seat Blue Wave Guarantees Trump 2020 Defeat: Dem Starts with 278 Electoral Vot  (Read 399 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prof Who Predicted 40-Seat Blue Wave Guarantees Trump 2020 Defeat: Dem Starts with 278 Electoral Votes

Tony Lee 21 Aug 2019

A Christopher Newport University professor who accurately predicted that Democrats would flip 40 House seats in the 2018 midterm elections believes that President Donald Trump will lose the 2020 election because the Democrat challenging him will begin the race with 278 Electoral College votes.

Rachel Bitecofer, the “assistant director of the Judy Ford Wason Center for Public Policy at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia,” told MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell on Tuesday evening that her model has Trump down 278 Electoral College votes even before Iowa, North Carolina, Florida, and Arizona are decided. She believes that Florida will likely go for Trump because of the state’s older voters, but that still won’t be enough for Trump to win back the White House.

Bitecofer also told O’Donnell this week that “the election of Donald Trump is a needed kerosene on” a “lazy and complacent Democrat electorate” that was taking former President Barack Obama’s coattails for granted and “didn’t show up in big numbers in 2016” because they “took for granted that Trump would not be elected.”

According to Bitecofer, Democrats will not be complacent in 2020, and she argues that Democrats will be better off turning out their base than trying to persuade the mythical moderate swing voter.

“My model for 2020 starts off with Democrats at 278 Electoral College votes, and that’s a problem for Trump, because of course you need 270 to win. It does that because of my model’s prediction, based on turnout and predicted vote share, that Pennsylvania and Michigan will slip back to the Democrats,” she recently told Salon. “I’m uncertain about Ohio, but even if Trump wins Ohio, he can’t win the other three Midwestern states. Then as you point out I have four tossup states: Arizona, North Carolina, Florida and Iowa. Even if he wins all four of them, the Democrats have already won the election — and the idea that he would win all four is pretty unlikely.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/08/21/prof-who-predicted-40-seat-blue-wave-guarantees-trump-2020-defeat-dem-starts-with-278-electoral-votes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How did he do on Nov. 2016, for President and for Congress?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

Good grief.  I'm already sick of all the polls, predictions, and models for the 2020 election.  These are obviously put out by the DEMS and so to me its a good indication that they're scared to death of Trump getting re-elected.  Waaaah.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

"Hillary has a 95% chance of winning."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"I was right on something painfully obvious... once. Now I'm going to parlay that painfully obvious prediction into getting people to listen to my other predictions!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024