Author Topic: Opinion: Arizona Cardinals should sign Colin Kaepernick  (Read 998 times)

Offline Applewood

Opinion: Arizona Cardinals should sign Colin Kaepernick
« on: August 15, 2019, 04:34:32 pm »
Opinion: Arizona Cardinals should sign Colin Kaepernick

It’s created an opening for Cardinals team president Michael Bidwill and general manager Steve Keim to please the president and all of his supporters (even if there aren’t that many; after all, Trump did lose the popular election by nearly 3 million votes.)

They can also please Kaepernick and his supporters.

They can also do the right thing by football fans.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/08/15/nfl-colin-kaepernick-arizona-cardinals-donald-trump/2018459001/

Putting aside the swipe at Trump and his supporters, does this "sportswriter" really think Kaepernick should be hired just to please certain individuals or groups?

What about whether Kaepernick has the skill and qualifications for the job?   *****rollingeyes*****   22222frying pan

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Opinion: Arizona Cardinals should sign Colin Kaepernick
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 08:11:59 pm »
His officially a "has been," so the Cards would be the perfect home for him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 08:26:13 pm »
His officially a "has been," so the Cards would be the perfect home for him.

Has Been?  More like, Never Was.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 08:34:30 pm »
Is there one sportswriter/scribbler under the age of sixty who is not a SJW? Is that why they took up sports writing...to make political opinions? Apparently so.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 08:40:07 pm »
Is there one sportswriter/scribbler under the age of sixty who is not a SJW? Is that why they took up sports writing...to make political opinions? Apparently so.

Age has no bearing.  Look at Costas, and his ilk of over 60 sports "reporters".  Liberal trash
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 08:53:47 pm »
Has Been?  More like, Never Was.

Whatevs.  He's still a perfect roster candidate for the Cards.  Bidwell has a knack for this sort of thang.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 08:55:31 pm »

Seems to me pro sports have become all about "social justice" too, so why not the sports news people? 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 03:10:40 am »
Age has no bearing.  Look at Costas, and his ilk of over 60 sports "reporters".  Liberal trash
I stand corrected.   :thud:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 01:09:23 pm »
Kaep has not played for several years. His final season with the 9ers was so bad a losing season he was benched from starting for part of it. Kaep's second-to-last season was a losing season. Kaep's third-to-last season was .500.

Ignoring politics on both sides of the issue, ignoring locker room effects, what rational team would be eager to hire that?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 01:13:19 pm »
The Eagles have lost two backup quarterbacks in two weeks.  Expect to hear this talk around Philly this week too. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 01:39:06 pm »
Kaep has not played for several years. His final season with the 9ers was so bad a losing season he was benched from starting for part of it. Kaep's second-to-last season was a losing season. Kaep's third-to-last season was .500.

Ignoring politics on both sides of the issue, ignoring locker room effects, what rational team would be eager to hire that?
Who wouldn't want a mediocre player/troublemaker on their team?  :shrug:
It would be interesting to see how he would go over in Arizona. Lots of right wing people in Arizona. I would think there'd be a lot of them in the stands when Krappernick played and not too happy about it.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 01:47:39 pm »
His final season with the 9ers was so bad a losing season he was benched from starting for part of it. Kaep's second-to-last season was a losing season. Kaep's third-to-last season was .500.

Yet the 49ers still offered Kaep a new contract (which he turned down).  Besides, why would he play football when Nike is perfectly willing to pay him big bucks to be an anti-American instead?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 02:22:40 pm »
I saw an interview with Kaepernick's former quarterback coach where he said Kaepernick wouldn't  learn the team's methods.  He would say, that's not the way we did at X (the university he graduated from).  Well, fella, you're in the pros now and each team has its own way of doing things.  If you can't adapt -- there's the door.    Or at least it should be. There was no discrimination against Kaepernick.  He was just a lousy QB. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 02:27:09 pm »
Besides, why would he play football when Nike is perfectly willing to pay him big bucks to be an anti-American instead?

QFT. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 03:31:36 pm »
Why is he who shall not be named not already a mere footnote in history?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 03:43:42 pm »
Kaepernick was benched for Blaine Gabbert. "Nuff said.  :silly:

(Full disclosure - I am a Jags fan, so I know how much Gabbert sucks)
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 04:19:57 pm »
I saw an interview with Kaepernick's former quarterback coach where he said Kaepernick wouldn't  learn the team's methods.  He would say, that's not the way we did at X (the university he graduated from).  Well, fella, you're in the pros now and each team has its own way of doing things.  If you can't adapt -- there's the door.    Or at least it should be. There was no discrimination against Kaepernick.  He was just a lousy QB.

Credit where credit is due, Kaep came off the bench very early in the season to replace the injured Alex Smith (who went to the KC Chiefs and did rather well for several years). That season the 9ers played in the Superbowl, though they lost. The following season Kaep was starter and the 9ers went to the playoffs, but not the Superbowl. It was Kaep's third season as starter that was the .500 season I mentioned above, and it went downhill from there.

I think it a reasonable inference that other teams were figuring out Kaep's strengths and vulnerabilities at the same time Kaep was refusing to learn and grow professionally.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 04:20:18 pm »
Why is he who shall not be named not already a mere footnote in history?

'cuz he's an SJW darling and the media hangs on him like stink on  888mouth