Author Topic: Tea Party Ex-Congressman Joe Walsh Apologizes For Helping Elect ‘Unfit Con Man’ Trump  (Read 628 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), the conservative talk-show host and prominent “tea party” figure, on Wednesday called President Donald Trump an “unfit conman” and a “racial arsonist” and urged a primary challenge for the Republican nomination next year.

Walsh also apologized both for his own heated rhetoric over the years and for helping to elect Trump in 2016.

(excerpt)
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-walsh-apology-trump-support_n_5d54b573e4b0d8840fee7d75
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Walsh's original editorial:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/14/opinion/joe-walsh-trump-primary.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytopinion

A few comments:
1. Walsh's comments aren't new. He's been a critic of the President for many years... even though he's got a history of being just as provocative (which cost him his seat in Congress) and I'm not sure how genuine his mea culpa is.

2. Yeah, I know, Huffpo and the Slimes. It is what it is. Take it for what it's worth.

3. But still, Walsh was no lefty. Like Justin Amash, Walsh has been a fierce conservative, and it's becoming disturbingly clear that the GOP's conservative wing, and thus conservatism as a whole, is being neutered and its key figures marginalized.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Joe Walsh
@WalshFreedom
We're being tested.

We have a President who believes he's above the law. We have a President who behaves like he's above the wall.

This can't be allowed. By any of us.

Standing up against this is more important than our own personal politics.
8:15 PM · Mar 13, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/1106000831026003968

Once in awhile I get to listen to him late at night. Though, I don't agree with him on it, I have little objection to his voicing his concerns.

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom

All of his tweets, I just see things differently.

Good topic, even if it is from HuffPo.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I follow Walsh on Twitter and I have to agree with this description.

Offline skeeter

Lets hope he doesn't find himself two years hence apologizing for helping to elect a maoist rat freak.

Offline PeteS in CA

So, Walsh would prefer rapist-enabling, corrupt, inept, US-endangering Hillary the Arrogant and Entitled were President? I need say no more.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So, Walsh would prefer rapist-enabling, corrupt, inept, US-endangering Hillary the Arrogant and Entitled were President? I need say no more.
False dilemma. Some of us voted against both the crook and the charlatan, you know.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
False dilemma. Some of us voted against both the crook and the charlatan, you know.
How many times will it take being reminded before you finally see that you/we by not voting for Trump voted for the Hildebeast?

Offline mountaineer

The crook? From whom did he steal?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

My first thought in reading Walsh's "Trump has to be primaried" screed is, "well, Joe, why don't you run?"

Thing is, there is no conservative in the Republican Party with the balls to take on Trump.  Obviously, Walsh doesn't have them either. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe Walsh,

Can he tune a fish?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The crook? From whom did he steal?
Why assume it was he who was referred to as crook? :pondering:

Offline PeteS in CA

Whether conservative-libertarian votes went for Johnson or McMullin (whose stated objective was to prevent Trump becoming President, they had the effect of increasing Hillary's chances of becoming President. Just as votes for Stein had the effect of increasing Trump's chances of becoming President. My post was simply realistic.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

Why assume it was he who was referred to as crook? :pondering:
Okay - I hope Joe can explain who is the crook, who is the charlatan - and on what evidence does he base his descriptions.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I follow Walsh on Twitter and I have to agree with this description.

Compared to what?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline truth_seeker

What are you asking me?
Trump compared to what?

McMuffin, Amash, Flake, Weld, ??

Sanford, and now this one too?

They use mouthing off about Trump, as a means to resurrect their dead political futures

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Trump compared to what?

McMuffin, Amash, Flake, Weld, ??

Sanford, and now this one too?

They use mouthing off about Trump, as a means to resurrect their dead political futures

I was saying that I find Walsh to be a drama queen. 

Offline truth_seeker

I was saying that I find Walsh to be a drama queen.
No problem.

Offline corbe

I didn't vote for the 'Crook' or the 'Charlatan' and my VOTE counted in Texas.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I didn't vote for the 'Crook' or the 'Charlatan' and my VOTE counted in Texas.

I wouldn't mind a Constitution Party candidate. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

You do know we are on an island here @dfwgator   Adrift, floating in the sea that we call the briefing room.