Author Topic: Kamala Harris suggests her 2020 gun policies would have thwarted Philly shooter as incident unfolds  (Read 266 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kamala Harris suggests her 2020 gun policies would have thwarted Philly shooter as incident unfolds
August 15, 2019 | Frieda Powers |

Sen. Kamala Harris politicized the shooting involving multiple police officers in Philadelphia, seeming to suggest her proposed policies would have prevented the incident.

The California Democrat and 2020 presidential candidate predictably turned the shooting – which reportedly involved a standoff between alleged drug dealers and police – into a platform to push her gun control policies while speaking with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on “The Situation Room” Wednesday.

Harris made her remarks even as the situation in Philadelphia was unfolding, appearing to propose that her policies would have kept an alleged drug dealer from acquiring firearms.

“You’re former Attorney General of California,” Blitzer said. “What is your reaction to these initial reports, and I stress the word ‘initial’ reports?”

“When will it stop, right?” Harris replied before launching into her campaign talking points.

“Part of my focus on what we need to do around smart gun safety laws is recognize that we have to have more enforcement around gun dealers,” she said.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/15/kamala-harris-pushes-her-proposed-2020-gun-policies-as-philly-shooting-unfolds-785749
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

from the article:

"Wolf, 90 percent of the guns that are associated with crime are sold by just 5 percent of the gun dealers in the United States. And so among the many plans that I have both in the form of executive action and also in the form of legislation, one of them is to put more resources into the ATF to take the licenses of gun dealers who violate the law. And that includes a number of things, including when they are responsible for doing background checks, not doing them.”

Uh....Kamala, don't you know that criminals more often than not buy their guns from illegal sources, not licensed gun dealers?  So how is your plan going to stop them from getting firearms?  You aren't going to be able to shut down the illegal sellers, no matter how much taxpayer money you might waste trying.  Look at all the money wasted on the so-called War on Drugs.  If people want some illegal and they have the money to get it, they will find a way.

Offline PeteS in CA

Wolf, 90 percent of the guns that are associated with crime are sold by just 5 percent of the gun dealers in the United States.

Probably another factoid Kammy pulled out of her rectum.

This shooter had an adult felony record nearly 20 years long. He could not purchase a gun legally, yet he had two or more. "Gun control" laws disarm the law-abiding people who need them. Criminals are not significantly hindered by such laws from obtaining guns, as this thug demonstrated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
from the article:

Uh....Kamala, don't you know that criminals more often than not buy their guns from illegal sources, not licensed gun dealers?  So how is your plan going to stop them from getting firearms?  You aren't going to be able to shut down the illegal sellers, no matter how much taxpayer money you might waste trying.  Look at all the money wasted on the so-called War on Drugs.  If people want some illegal and they have the money to get it, they will find a way.

I just saw the clip of Kamaltoe saying this. There is no way that 90% of guns used in crimes were bought legally. Of course, Wolf let her spew her lies.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Probably another factoid Kammy pulled out of her rectum.

This shooter had an adult felony record nearly 20 years long. He could not purchase a gun legally, yet he had two or more. "Gun control" laws disarm the law-abiding people who need them. Criminals are not significantly hindered by such laws from obtaining guns, as this thug demonstrated.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien