Author Topic: ‘Red flag’-supporting Ivanka Trump is now putting behind-the-scenes efforts into gun control  (Read 1006 times)

Online libertybele

Let's see ... the economy is on a slippery slope, no wall, and "Precious" is advocating gun control.  Not exactly a recipe that equals a Trump re-election.  Not in the least.

‘Red flag’-supporting Ivanka Trump is now putting behind-the-scenes efforts into gun control

First daughter Ivanka Trump is reportedly working behind the scenes on gun control by reaching out to lawmakers’ offices to gauge interest in new firearms laws since recent shootings in Ohio and Texas.

A White House official said that Ms. Trump “has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams,” according to a Tuesday report at Axios.

The first daughter and her husband, Jared Kushner, have already built considerable relationships on Capitol Hill following their work to pass last year’s big criminal justice bill, whose implementation began last month. She has also been working with lawmakers on the issue of paid family leave.

According to the Axios report, Ms. Trump has already spoken with Sens. Joe Manchin, D-W.V., and Pat Toomey, R-Penn., who are cosponsors of enhanced background check legislation that failed in 2013 when it was brought up in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre...........

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/red-flag-supporting-ivanka-trump-now-putting-behind-scenes-efforts-gun-control/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It is beginning to look like the survival of the GOP will depend on the presence of a viable primary challenge.

Enactment of any Gun Control legislation, any infringement on the RKBA will be a deal breaker.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I don’t think that “Daddy” realizes how most of his base views “Ms. Trump.”

888mouth

Offline Smokin Joe

I don’t think that “Daddy” realizes how most of his base views “Ms. Trump.”

888mouth
My 'little girls' would just grit their teeth and maybe even spit (although grandma would chastize them for spitting). Invective would follow.

"Daddy" is surrounded by an echo chamber of people who are just fine with disarming the rest of us while they have a security cordon and armored vehicles.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

My 'little girls' would just grit their teeth and maybe even spit (although grandma would chastize them for spitting). Invective would follow.

"Daddy" is surrounded by an echo chamber of people who are just fine with disarming the rest of us while they have a security cordon and armored vehicles.

If he doesn't get some countervailing "voices" in his ear soon, there will be no 2nd term.

Offline Smokin Joe

If he doesn't get some countervailing "voices" in his ear soon, there will be no 2nd term.
Truth. And the pseudoconservatives of the GOP will be just fine with that.

The Republic is in serious trouble.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

Indeed, on both counts...

**nononono*

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Ms. Trump “has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle."

I bet she does. Mostly democommies and some RINOs.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

This Republic has been in serious trouble ever since 'W' s 2nd term.  Miraculously we made it through Bammy's reign of terror.  Cruz was our last shot of truly saving this country.  I did see some glimmer of hope at times with Trump, but, that hope has pretty much been flushed down the sewer.  No wall.  Tanking economy. Out of Control Spending.  Gun Control.  Can you spell, L-I-B-E-R-A-L ?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

This Republic has been in serious trouble ever since 'W' s 2nd term.  Miraculously we made it through Bammy's reign of terror.  Cruz was our last shot of truly saving this country.  I did see some glimmer of hope at times with Trump, but, that hope has pretty much been flushed down the sewer.  No wall.  Tanking economy. Out of Control Spending.  Gun Control.  Can you spell, L-I-B-E-R-A-L ?
We said it then, and I'll reiterate "New York Values"

I don't live in effing New York. I'm a thousand miles from the sane end of that state.

C S Lewis