Author Topic: The Truly Insidious Nature of Red Flag Laws - KrisAnne Hall, JD  (Read 43587 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Truly Insidious Nature of Red Flag Laws - KrisAnne Hall, JD
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2019, 04:45:10 pm »
@txradioguy
I agree and I think those kids will be our future conservative leaders.

If there are to be any conservative leaders in our future they will almost certainly come with that kind of background @austingirl.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2019, 04:48:03 pm »
I have direct personal experience with it. It takes the signature of a physician and a concerned person (generally a relative). Takes about 2 hours start to finish.

Isn't the criteria "a threat to self or others"? 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2019, 04:48:08 pm »
I can't tell you how rare that is.  I live in a very rural Texas area and I taught in a rural Texas area.  Again, very, very few non-leftist indoctrinated teachers in both areas.

That's right - even here.

Brings to mind the day they had my daughter on a prayer rug bowing toward Mecca... Where Christian prayer is banned, mind you.

That was a red letter day... Me leaning over that principal's desk, pokin my finger in his chest... Why I said things right there that would make @Jazzhead  and @Maj. Bill Martin wanna take all my guns, I'll tell you what!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2019, 04:48:40 pm »
@txradioguy
I agree and I think those kids will be our future conservative leaders.

@austingirl

I sure hope they are.  We're not likely to find them coming from big city government run education centers.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2019, 04:53:20 pm »
@austingirl

I sure hope they are.  We're not likely to find them coming from big city government run education indoctrination centers.

Fixed it for you @txradioguy.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline thackney

« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2019, 05:02:09 pm »
@austingirl

I sure hope they are.  We're not likely to find them coming from big city government run education centers.

I think there are many, including myself, who have raised their children to think for themselves.  I believe my children are well prepared to deal with others with different opinions, having been exposed to that environment in public schools.

A big mistake in my opinion, is to send children anywhere and not be involved in their lives.  Don't take any school or team or group for granted that they will match your personal beliefs.  Know what others tell your children and teach them to evaluate what they are told, not to only soak it in without thought.

They are well prepared as they move forward exposed to all ideas and still retain who they are.

And I don't pretend they think exactly as I do.  But they do think for themselves.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2019, 05:09:30 pm »
I think there are many, including myself, who have raised their children to think for themselves.  I believe my children are well prepared to deal with others with different opinions, having been exposed to that environment in public schools.

A big mistake in my opinion, is to send children anywhere and not be involved in their lives.  Don't take any school or team or group for granted that they will match your personal beliefs.  Know what others tell your children and teach them to evaluate what they are told, not to only soak it in without thought.

They are well prepared as they move forward exposed to all ideas and still retain who they are.

And I don't pretend they think exactly as I do.  But they do think for themselves.

@thackney I think a lot of us raised our kids in just that manner.  I just hope enough of us did to blunt what's being done to kids in public schools who don't have parents that took the same interest that you and I did.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2019, 05:13:54 pm »
@thackney I think a lot of us raised our kids in just that manner.  I just hope enough of us did to blunt what's being done to kids in public schools who don't have parents that took the same interest that you and I did.

It is my opinion that for every @thackney and @txradioguy there are a hundred who have children who only know what they have been indoctrinated to believe. I sincerely hope to be proven wrong about that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2019, 05:14:24 pm »

That's the point of ensuring that the law is drafted correctly regarding the burden of proof and required evidentiary standards.
That is a very good theory, but what is to prevent a different administration from modifying it or some judge from interpreting it differently.
Sorry NO SALE.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2019, 05:17:22 pm »
It is my opinion that for every @thackney and @txradioguy there are a hundred who have children who only know what they have been indoctrinated to believe. I sincerely hope to be proven wrong about that.

I hope you are too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2019, 05:20:00 pm »

By the time they were a Sophomore in High School, it was obvious to them they were different than most.  They were already into leadership positions in whatever they joined.  And they realized most of their classmates were too lazy and unengaged to be more than cattle.  Cattle have their purpose and we would be less without them.  But they learned not to depend on them any more than they would cattle.

Honestly, I believe they were better for being in public school.  They are going to have to deal with those folks for the rest of their lives.  Learning how to lead them and when to avoid them are worthwhile skills in their lives.

Honestly, I worry homeschool only children may end up expecting far too much from the general public.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline verga

« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2019, 05:20:04 pm »
Isn't the criteria "a threat to self or others"?
All I had to do was describe their actions over the past 24 hours to the physician, he talked to that person for all of 5-10 minutes. Transfer to the psych ward and they were confined in about 2 hours time total. One of the hardest things I ever had to do, but they finally got the proper diagnosis and the meds they needed. That person has not had an episode in over 2 years and is living a full and happy life now (knock on wood).
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2019, 05:23:04 pm »
All I had to do was describe their actions over the past 24 hours to the physician, he talked to that person for all of 5-10 minutes. Transfer to the psych ward and they were confined in about 2 hours time total. One of the hardest things I ever had to do, but they finally got the proper diagnosis and the meds they needed. That person has not had an episode in over 2 years and is living a full and happy life now (knock on wood).

There you go. 

And, bless you for being a good relative.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2019, 05:26:59 pm »
Maybe that’s why some people call gun owners and enthusiasts, gun nuts. To non gun owners, they seem almost to worship unfettered access to guns [...]

And by the way, @aligncare , it ain't about the guns. It's about the Liberty. I think you will find most 'gun owners and enthusiasts' to be just as vociferous in their defense of speech, or any other BOR or Constitutional principle.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2019, 05:33:39 pm »
And by the way, @aligncare , it ain't about the guns. It's about the Liberty. I think you will find most 'gun owners and enthusiasts' to be just as vociferous in their defense of speech, or any other BOR or Constitutional principle.

Damned right!  Even when it makes them very unpopular in some circles.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2019, 05:34:25 pm »

Good, hopefully his stupid Tweet will sink this statist ship that he is trying to launch while it is still docked!!

Offline EdJames

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2019, 05:36:52 pm »

Another one that obviously didn't bother to watch the video....

We've now seen the political expediency trolling run another thread into the ground...

We had a dumpster file going for that purpose and it got shitcanned over here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,371119.0.html

**nononono*

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2019, 05:42:36 pm »
By the time they were a Sophomore in High School, it was obvious to them they were different than most.  They were already into leadership positions in whatever they joined.  And they realized most of their classmates were too lazy and unengaged to be more than cattle.  Cattle have their purpose and we would be less without them.  But they learned not to depend on them any more than they would cattle.

Honestly, I believe they were better for being in public school.  They are going to have to deal with those folks for the rest of their lives.  Learning how to lead them and when to avoid them are worthwhile skills in their lives.

Honestly, I worry homeschool only children may end up expecting far too much from the general public.

If folks here think I'm stubborn about arguing a point and not letting go of my belief in what I'm saying they need to meet my daughter...she's me on steroids LOL!

Both of my kids are very independent thinkers and know bullsh*t when they see it.  Wouldn't want them any other way.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2019, 05:43:54 pm »
Good, hopefully his stupid Tweet will sink this statist ship that he is trying to launch while it is still docked!!

@EdJames

Don't bet on it...Ivanka is out there doing arm twisting as we speak.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2019, 05:45:39 pm »
@EdJames

Don't bet on it...Ivanka is out there doing arm twisting as we speak.

Sadly I've seen that....

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2019, 05:45:50 pm »
Another one that obviously didn't bother to watch the video....

We've now seen the political expediency trolling run another thread into the ground...

We had a dumpster file going for that purpose and it got shitcanned over here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,371119.0.html

**nononono*

Yep!  Seems to be the norm here after a few pages.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2019, 06:09:52 pm »
No, I simply don't share your paranoia, @sneakypete .   Of course,  freedom requires citizen vigilance,  but in the context of a constitutional republic,  that vigilance is exercised by means of the vote and political action, not by acquiring arsenals so as to be prepared to kill peace officers.   

You demand we be ready to kill the king.  In America,  WE are the king.  We govern OURSELVES, with the ballot not the bullet.   You advocate the destruction of our beautiful nation.   That is not the mindset of a patriot, and that is the reason I reject your warped ideology, totally.   

I had to laugh, guess you never heard of the Battle of Athens? Where that ballot was stolen at the point of a gun (after shooting a black fellow) and only took back at the sounding of many guns (and some dynamite).

I now know why someone in their tagline makes sure not to be mistaken for you... We all say, I am not Jazzhead, I am not Jazzhead, I am not @Jazzhead 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 07:34:14 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2019, 06:41:40 pm »
Damned right!  Even when it makes them very unpopular in some circles.

And why I will not be moved. Not a single inch.

:beer: :patriot: :seeya:

Offline verga

« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2019, 06:52:55 pm »

I have taught in Urban, suburban and rural districts. I will agree with you about the urban and some of the suburban students. The vast majority of the urban ones are just occupying space. going through the motions to get by and the same is true for the about 30 percent of the Burbs kids. But in the rural districts the opposite is true. Most of them work on the family farm or a neighbors farm and know the meaning of hard work. When i worked up north it took me about a day to figure out who were the "Townies" and who were the farmers. In five years I saw maybe 2 townies on the football and wrestling teams.

Over the years I have seen quite a few students that transferred in from Home schooling situations. Some did very well on standardized tests, some did "okay" quite a few did mediocre or well in one area, but other areas were severely lacking. We had one student when I taught up north that was off the charts on reading and writing, but he could not pass a math or science test to save his life. after speaking to the parents it turned out that they only let him "read" about biology, chemistry, and physics. He did no hands on lab work at all.

Some programs are great but so much depends on the externals.

For the record I am an "All of the above" guy Whatever suits your child's ability is what you should do. If your child needs the structure and discipline and structure of a Military or parochial school go for it. If they have the drive to get through a Montessori program God bless 'em go for it. If they want to specialize in a charter school program, more power to them. I also believe that if you use something other than a public school program that you should get either a tax credit for the amount that the public school is not using or you should get some sort of tuition assistance equal to that amount.