Author Topic: WashPo: 'Free Speech Makes It Difficult to Prosecute White Supremacy'  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

WashPo: 'Free Speech Makes It Difficult to Prosecute White Supremacy'
Chris Menahan

Aug. 09, 2019

The Washington Post lamented Thursday that the First Amendment makes it difficult to prosecute "white supremacists" for their political beliefs.

From The Washington Post, "Why free speech makes it difficult to prosecute white supremacy in America":

Federal authorities have used RICO many times to prosecute white prison gangs, but what got the members of organizations such as the Aryan Brotherhood locked up under the statute was not the racism they believed but the acts they committed: crimes including drug trafficking, murder, kidnapping and money laundering.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=60594

Offline LMAO

Re: WashPo: 'Free Speech Makes It Difficult to Prosecute White Supremacy'
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 04:37:32 pm »
It’s free speech that lets the Washington Post print such nonsense

And I wouldn’t have it any other way
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 04:39:41 pm »
That pesky 1st amendment.  Damn those racist founders.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 04:54:14 pm »
"Democracy dies in darkness"

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 05:09:28 pm »
It may make it harder to prosecute them for their political beliefs, but it usually makes it easier to prosecute them for their illegal actions because they tend to blab about what they’ve done, and their own words are usually the best evidence against them when they’re tried for crimes, as opposed to political beliefs.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 01:07:11 am »
The danger, for those who hold freedom as the highest ideal, is not the ideas [they] espouse but the power they seek. Let them rant their heads off---that is their right, which we cannot afford to infringe---but let us keep from them the political means of depriving everybody else of the same right.---Frank Chodorov.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 01:41:29 am »
The danger, for those who hold freedom as the highest ideal, is not the ideas [they] espouse but the power they seek. Let them rant their heads off---that is their right, which we cannot afford to infringe---but let us keep from them the political means of depriving everybody else of the same right.---Frank Chodorov.

Ole Frank was pretty damned smart if you ask this ole country boy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien