Author Topic: Troubling Watergate Revelations, Too Late to Matter  (Read 1211 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Troubling Watergate Revelations, Too Late to Matter
« on: August 09, 2019, 01:19:35 pm »
 Troubling Watergate Revelations, Too Late to Matter
Nixon was destroyed by prosecutors’ secret, but erroneous, accusation of personal wrongdoing.
by Geoff Shepard
August 9, 2019, 12:01 AM

August 9 is the 45th anniversary of the resignation of Richard Nixon, the only president in American history to resign or be removed from office. We know what triggered his resignation. He was already on the ropes after two and a half years of Watergate revelations, but what ended any and all defense was the release of the “smoking gun” transcript on August 5. It showed that Nixon had concurred with his staff’s suggestion that they get the CIA to tell the FBI not to interview two Watergate witnesses.

As astonishing as it may be to Americans, who have been assured that the smoking gun tape is proof positive of Nixon’s early cover-up involvement, every person connected to that particular conversation now agrees that the CIA gambit was an effort to prevent disclosure of prominent Democrats who had made substantial contributions to Nixon’s re-election campaign under assurances of absolute secrecy.

I should know. I was there: a member of Nixon’s Watergate defense team, the third person to hear the smoking gun tape, the one who first transcribed it, and the one who termed it “the smoking gun.” Here is a much fuller explanation of what actually happened. But the bottom line remains unchanged. Nixon’s Watergate defense lawyers completely misinterpreted the tape, and their mistake ended his presidency.

more
https://spectator.org/troubling-watergate-revelations-too-late-to-matter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Troubling Watergate Revelations, Too Late to Matter
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 01:24:50 pm »
Undoing an election they could not win fairly. Watergate were the rats' salad days.

They've been trying for a repeat ever since.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 01:39:31 pm »
Undoing an election they could not win fairly. Watergate were the rats' salad days.

They've been trying for a repeat ever since.

Richard Nixon was public enemy #1 to the left because of his close association with Senator Joe McCarthy and had to be destroyed by any means necessary.

The Real Lesson of Watergate Ignored in John Dean's Testimony and Media Commentary

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/06/the_emrealem_lesson_of_watergate_ignored_in_john_deans_testimony_and_media_commentary.html?fbclid=IwAR28PNNOPel9y_w44o5X1TcZ_v4k42Hoo3NyISs7mIWpiytBCCu9i-p_NBA
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 01:49:43 pm »
Richard Nixon was public enemy #1 to the left because of his close association with Senator Joe McCarthy and had to be destroyed by any means necessary.

The Real Lesson of Watergate Ignored in John Dean's Testimony and Media Commentary

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/06/the_emrealem_lesson_of_watergate_ignored_in_john_deans_testimony_and_media_commentary.html?fbclid=IwAR28PNNOPel9y_w44o5X1TcZ_v4k42Hoo3NyISs7mIWpiytBCCu9i-p_NBA

"Mr. Shepard exposes a dark side of Washington, DC that implicates partisan politicians, judges, prosecutors and media."

Men are bent to corruption - government is power, power corrupts, government is made up of men.

Why is this so hard for people to understand.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 01:56:43 pm »
"Mr. Shepard exposes a dark side of Washington, DC that implicates partisan politicians, judges, prosecutors and media."

Men are bent to corruption - government is power, power corrupts, government is made up of men.

Why is this so hard for people to understand.

I don't know.  It took me a LONG time to come to grips with the idea that any American could act contrary to the interests of his fellow citizens but once I did come to grips with that the light came on big time! 

George Washington had it exactly right when he said:

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence. It is force, and like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 02:09:20 pm »
I don't know.  It took me a LONG time to come to grips with the idea that any American could act contrary to the interests of his fellow citizens but once I did come to grips with that the light came on big time! 

I wish those advocating for stricter gun control laws would consider this as well.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 03:26:21 pm »
Every Republican Presidential Candidate Is Hitler
The “Big Lie” has been around for over fifty years.

March 18, 2016   |||    Daniel Greenfield

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262157/every-republican-presidential-candidate-hitler-daniel-greenfield
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln