Author Topic: ICE agents arrest 680 undocumented workers in Mississippi  (Read 603 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

ICE agents arrest 680 undocumented workers in Mississippi
« on: August 07, 2019, 11:42:30 pm »
ICE agents arrest 680 undocumented workers in Mississippi
The Hill, Aug 7, 2019

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents on Wednesday arrested roughly 680 undocumented immigrants at seven Mississippi poultry processing facilities.

An ICE spokesman confirmed the raids to The Hill, saying it was part of a coordinated operation with the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Mississippi.

“In what is believed to be the largest single-state immigration enforcement operation in our nation's history, today at seven sites… ICE HSI (Homeland Security Investigation) special agents executed administrative and criminal search warrants resulting in the detention of approximately 680 illegal aliens,” Mike Hurst, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Mississippi, said Wednesday afternoon.

“The arrests today were part of a year-long investigation,” ICE Acting Director Matt Albence added.

Detained employees at a Koch Foods plant in Morton, Miss., 40 miles east of Jackson, were boarded on three buses and taken to the Mississippi National Guard base in Flowood, Miss., for processing, according to The Associated Press.

More:  https://thehill.com/latino/456566-immigration-agents-arrest-680-mississippi-food-processing-facilities

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: ICE agents arrest 680 undocumented workers in Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 11:50:05 pm »
Koch Foods better have (fraudulent) I-9s for each of those illegals plus proof they tried to verify their authenticity. Otherwise some manglers need to be modeling orange jumpsuits.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 12:01:06 am »
Jackson Mayor Calls on Churches to Protect Illegal Aliens After Massive ICE Raids Net 680 Suspected Illegals Working at Mississippi Chicken Plants
 August 7, 2019

Jackson, Mississippi Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba posted a plea for churches to give sanctuary to illegal aliens in the wake of ICE raids on several chicken processing plants in Mississippi Wednesday that detained about 680 suspected illegal aliens. It was the largest workplace enforcement actions in the nation’s history, according to a statement released by the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Southern District of Mississippi.

Lumumba’s statement:

“The City of Jackson is firmly committed to promoting and securing safe communities. We unflinchingly uphold the canon of human rights for human beings. The ICE raids are both dehumanizing and ineffective as a tactic for protecting citizens from potential harm. These raids will only further alienate communities from law enforcement, disrupt community policing efforts, and cause law enforcement to forfeit credibility and trust among the people they are sworn to protect and serve. I’m calling upon faith institutions in our community to become sanctuaries for our immigrant neighbors and protect them from potential harm. The City of Jackson strongly objects to the Trump administration’s ICE raids.”   ... Gateway Pundit

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 12:20:53 am »
Jackson, Mississippi Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba

WTF kind of diversity name is that?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 01:06:24 am »

WTF kind of diversity name is that?
Not what I would have expected in Jackson,  Mississippi.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 01:09:09 am »
Not what I would have expected in Jackson,  Mississippi.

Jackson has gone full "Chocolate City".

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 04:17:29 pm »

Is he the racist idiot who had some sort of dust-up a few years ago with a neighboring city's PD or the county's sheriff department, basically telling them to stay out of Jackson if they were pursuing a criminal?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 05:44:45 pm »
Heard on the radio that they are being released.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 07:48:29 pm »
Mississippi Immigration Raids Lead To Arrests Of Hundreds Of Workers

August 7, 20199:25 PM ET

Federal immigration officials raided several food-processing plants in Mississippi on Wednesday and arrested approximately 680 people believed to be working in the U.S. without authorization.

The coordinated raids were conducted by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Homeland Security Investigations "at seven agricultural processing plants across Mississippi," according to an ICE statement. In addition to the arrests, agents seized company business records...

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/07/749243985/mississippi-immigration-raids-net-hundreds-of-workers?fbclid=IwAR2E6D0dpetojIF_ST06ZaRzLf74XwbC7dtWxP6aRsynWvG0ts4n31dlaOQ
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 07:49:14 pm »
Nice day's work ICE!  Keep at it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mod5

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 08:38:27 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 08:44:16 pm »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 08:44:46 pm »
Topics merged.

OOPS!  I looked but I guessed I missed the previous one.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 09:28:59 pm »
Good job ICE!