Author Topic: McCain 2.0 Strikes Again: Dan Crenshaw Supports Gun Confiscation  (Read 543 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

McCain 2.0 Strikes Again: Dan Crenshaw Supports Gun Confiscation

Congressman Dan Crenshaw wants to bring Minority Report style ‘pre-crime’ policing to the United States.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/mccain-2-0-strikes-again-dan-crenshaw-supports-gun-confiscation/

By Jose Nino August 5, 2019

After the El Paso and Dayton shootings, Crenshaw expressed his horror at these atrocities.

But he took it a step further.

In a tweet he stated that “The solutions aren’t obvious, even if we pretend they are. But we must try. Let’s start with the TAPS Act. Maybe also implement state “red flag” laws, or gun violence restraining orders. Stop them before they can hurt someone. https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/838/text”

Crenshaw’s endorsement of The Threat Assessment, Prevention, and Safety (TAPS) Act reveals his establishment colors.

BLP previously reported on the TAPS Act introduced by Congressman Brian Babin (TX-36) in the House of Representatives and Senator Marco Rubio (FL) in the Senate:

It does the following:

Standardizes and provides a behavioral threat assessment and management process across the Federal government.  Provides states the training, resources, and support needed to stand up community-based, multi-disciplinary behavioral threat assessment and management units. Recognizes that behavioral threat assessment and management processes must become part of the culture and fabric of contemporary law enforcement.  Urges that this is a matter of national security – if we act now and work together, we can save lives.

Harmless title notwithstanding, many believe that the TAPS Act would potentially function as a pre-crime bill.

David Leach of The Strident Conservative argues that Marco Rubio’s version of the TAPS Act, S.265, would “encourage law enforcement to give EVERYONE a personal threat assessment (adults and children) and single out those they deem as future threats.” From there, this information could later be used to “stop dangerous individuals before they can commit an act of violence.”

Mark Angelides of Liberty Nation also commented on Babin’s statement on the TAPS Act and the implications it has for civil liberties:

But what result would be measured as a success? If the individual has committed no crime, why should they have their privacy invaded and their life chances hindered with a government record deeming them to be “threat”? If the individual in question has committed a crime, then there are already laws in place to deal with them.

This push for TAPS Act and “red flag” style legislation is part of a new wave of gun control that is making rounds across the nation.

--snipped--

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: McCain 2.0 Strikes Again: Dan Crenshaw Supports Gun Confiscation
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 02:38:15 pm »
Hyperbolic headline aside, it certainly seems that: "This push for TAPS Act and “red flag” style legislation is part of a new wave of gun control that is making rounds across the nation."

**nononono*

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 03:09:24 pm »
Hyperbolic headline aside, it certainly seems that: "This push for TAPS Act and “red flag” style legislation is part of a new wave of gun control that is making rounds across the nation."

**nononono*

This is very disappointing from Crenshaw.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 03:18:25 pm »
Mr. Crenshaw will be hearing from me today!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 03:39:47 pm »
Mr. Crenshaw will be hearing from me today!

Wear steel toed boots... You know where to put one.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 03:42:50 pm »
As a veteran, I’m surprised Crenshaw would not be more wary of red flag laws, potentially targeting those seeking treatment for PTSD.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 03:46:04 pm »
Wear steel toed boots... You know where to put one.

He will get the message I assure you!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 05:55:32 pm »
This is very disappointing from Crenshaw.

I agree.
I had higher hopes for him than this sort of thing.

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 08:01:14 pm »
He will get the message I assure you!

Well, @Bigun ...if you hear back I would like to know his response. Maybe his statement is  not as it seems. I e-mailed him as well, but since I'm not in his district I'll be surprised if I hear anything.  I just hate this...I really like the guy. No one is going to agree with anyone all the time...but this is a biggie.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 08:07:32 pm »
Well, @Bigun ...if you hear back I would like to know his response. Maybe his statement is  not as it seems. I e-mailed him as well, but since I'm not in his district I'll be surprised if I hear anything.  I just hate this...I really like the guy. No one is going to agree with anyone all the time...but this is a biggie.

Will do @berdie.  I likely will not receive any direct response either but if what I hear is true, I strongly suspect we will both see him backing away from this as fast as he can.

- J. R. R. Tolkien