Author Topic: Barr Has Far Bigger Things To Prosecute James Comey For Than Leaking Memos  (Read 717 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Barr Has Far Bigger Things To Prosecute James Comey For Than Leaking Memos
A deeper look provides a clue that the memo-leaking investigation may have been abandoned because it’s insignificant compared to the real reason James Comey needs to be held to account.

By Adam Mill
August 5, 2019

John Solomon recently broke the news that former FBI director James Comey will soon face a “reckoning” for leaking memos of his conversations with the president. Solomon means Comey will be embarrassed by an imminent inspector general report containing stern language. Solomon does not mean that Comey will face any legal consequences, however, because “prosecutors working for Attorney General William Barr reportedly have decided to decline prosecution.”

Many recognize Comey as a central figure in the Russia collusion hoax, the U.S. Department of Justice’s interference in the 2016 election, and subsequent resistance to the transfer of power to President Trump. It’s frustrating for knowledgeable observers to see Comey’s elite status confer immunity from crimes for which less-privileged citizens are routinely prosecuted.

A deeper look at the article provides a clue that the memo-leaking investigation may have been abandoned, however, because it’s insignificant compared to the real reason Comey needs to be held to account. Solomon wrote, “‘There are significant issues emerging with how the [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court-supervised surveillance] was handled and other conduct in the investigation, and everyone involved remains under scrutiny,’ a second source said.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2019/08/05/barr-far-bigger-things-prosecute-james-comey-leaking-memos/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 :yowsa:  :im waiting:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

Free Beer Tomorrow

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, I don't want to be "secured".

Offline dfwgator

But he won't.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The ‘bigger things’ reasoning is a joke. The ‘biggest thing’ about Oklahoma City was the deaths, but McVeigh was still indicted on charges of conspiracy and destruction of property.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

The ‘bigger things’ reasoning is a joke. The ‘biggest thing’ about Oklahoma City was the deaths, but McVeigh was still indicted on charges of conspiracy and destruction of property.

Conspiracy to use a WMD.  Destruction of a federal building, causing death. 

And use of a WMD resulting in death and murder of 8 federal officers.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Conspiracy to use a WMD.  Destruction of a federal building, causing death. 

And use of a WMD resulting in death and murder of 8 federal officers.

The point is, they’re all connected to the same event. The conspiracy and property destruction led to the deaths, so it’s germane. The same goes with the memo leak. All of the actions related to the FISA application weren’t known, until after Trump took office. The leak was intended to show obstruction, thus leading to the special counsel appointment. That’s an important factor in a conspiracy. So, it stands to reason, if there was going to be a prosecution of Comey, the leak would be central to the case.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.