Author Topic: 'Active shooter' reported in Dayton, Ohio (with updates)  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: 'Active shooter' reported in Dayton, Ohio (with updates)
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2019, 10:56:59 pm »
Chris Baker, who just resigned this summer after 14 years as Bellbrook High School principal, was asked about Betts’ time as a Bellbrook student.
Asked about reports that, while a Bellbrook student, Betts was suspended for causing a lockdown by writing a “hit-list” on a bathroom wall, Baker said, “I would not dispute that information, but I don’t want to get involved any more than just making that comment.”
A woman who went to high school with Betts recalled the hit-list.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/bellbrook-police-conduct-investigation-home/74z9iRBtYqBqxOQ6kSsdzL/

Wowser!

You don't suspend a student for this.  This should bring an automatic, law enforced 72 hour visit to an inpatient psych facility.

« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2019, 10:58:53 pm »
I was saying yesterday as we were watching the news from El Paso, that somewhere another troubled millenial is planning the next mass shooting.  And I am going to repeat it now.

We have a huge mental health problem and a Godless unchurched generation with the smallest percentage in that age bracket attending church ever. There desire to be known for something, anything, is greater than their fear in the ultimate judgement.

goopo

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2019, 11:02:56 pm »
You don't suspend a student for this.  This should bring an automatic, law enforced 72 hour visit to an inpatient psych facility.

Probably started long before his HS years @Right_in_Virginia.  I'll bet money that if anyone REALLY dug to the bottom of this they would find a young boy who was drugged out of his mind to make him conform long before he ever got that far along.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: 'Active shooter' reported in Dayton, Ohio ("Suspect arrested")
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2019, 11:05:07 pm »
It's what you get when WE allow the Constitution to be thrown under the bus @EdJames.

@Bigun

Just between you and I (and anyone reading this thread), that has been one of my nagging concerns about Trump....  I don't believe that he (nor anyone around him) have the correct reverence for, and understanding of, the Constitution....

I am hoping that he just mumbles some platitudes, and gets convinced by those around him that any 2A caves will erode his base (pragmatism seems to be what he responds to)...

:shrug:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2019, 11:05:21 pm »
Ohio Board of Elections Website Shows Mass Shooter Connor Betts a Registered Democrat

Robby Starbuck
✔
@robbystarbuck

The patches he’s wearing are from a known satanist apparel company. One of them reads “against all gods". This is a culture problem. A godless culture of death with no respect for life.

https://twitter.com/heavysan/status/1158042207544401928 …

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/ohio-voter-registration-website-shows-mass-shooter-connor-betts-a-registered-democrat/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2019, 11:09:19 pm »
Probably started long before his HS years @Right_in_Virginia.  I'll bet money that if anyone REALLY dug to the bottom of this they would find a young boy who was drugged out of his mind to make him conform long before he ever got that far along.

No doubt @Bigun .. But with the red alert warning he gave, he should have been slapped with a mandatory 3 day psych evaluation, not a "suspension". 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2019, 11:11:04 pm »
@Bigun

Just between you and I (and anyone reading this thread), that has been one of my nagging concerns about Trump....  I don't believe that he (nor anyone around him) have the correct reverence for, and understanding of, the Constitution....

I am hoping that he just mumbles some platitudes, and gets convinced by those around him that any 2A caves will erode his base (pragmatism seems to be what he responds to)...

I defy you to find 100 people in the employ of the Fed Gov with the "correct" reverence for the Constitution @EdJames

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2019, 11:14:33 pm »
I defy you to find 100 people in the employ of the Fed Gov with the "correct" reverence for the Constitution @EdJames.

Very sadly, you are correct....

**nononono*

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2019, 11:14:35 pm »
No doubt @Bigun .. But with the red alert warning he gave, he should have been slapped with a mandatory 3 day psych evaluation, not a "suspension".

Sadly, I seriously doubt that would have made a bit of difference.  Just me perhaps.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2019, 11:15:11 pm »
I was saying yesterday as we were watching the news from El Paso, that somewhere another troubled millenial is planning the next mass shooting.  And I am going to repeat it now.
We have a huge mental health problem and a Godless unchurched generation with the smallest percentage in that age bracket attending church ever. There desire to be known for something, anything, is greater than their fear in the ultimate judgement.
Yes, and keep in mind that many have been bombarded with desensitizing influences toward violence, from music, to television, to movies, to video games, and divorced from real face to face communication by technology. That conditioning is ripe for raising a generation of psychopaths.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2019, 11:24:12 pm »
Despite being the most connected generation ever in history because of smart devices, it is also the most lonely generation and in need of something more. Deep inside they feel there must be more. Sadly for a tiny number that something more is fame at any price. They want to be known for something. Anything. Even if what they are known for is barbaric. That is the real enemy. A fruit passed to them by the same Adversary Eve found in the Garden.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2019, 11:28:54 pm »
@Bigun

I am hoping that he just mumbles some platitudes, and gets convinced by those around him that any more 2A caves will erode his base (pragmatism seems to be what he responds to)...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2019, 11:30:45 pm »
I defy you to find 100 people in the employ of the Fed Gov with the "correct" reverence for the Constitution @EdJames.
Not who would say anything above a whisper. Their jobs would be in peril.

C S Lewis

« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2019, 11:33:51 pm »
Despite being the most connected generation ever in history because of smart devices, it is also the most lonely generation and in need of something more. 

On top of being isolated and lonely with few, if any, meaningful human connections their betters keep reminding them there are only 12 years (11.5 now) left for life on the planet.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2019, 11:36:24 pm »
Despite being the most connected generation ever in history because of smart devices, it is also the most lonely generation and in need of something more. Deep inside they feel there must be more. Sadly for a tiny number that something more is fame at any price. They want to be known for something. Anything. Even if what they are known for is barbaric. That is the real enemy. A fruit passed to them by the same Adversary Eve found in the Garden.

The constant exposure to electronics does something to a developing brain. They live on their phones when they could be interacting with real people. I think they are lonely but don't know it.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2019, 11:38:00 pm »
Guy Benson  @guypbenson
25m
Local news report: Dayton killer “was expelled from school after officials found a notebook where he reportedly wrote a list of people who he wanted to rape, kill and skin their bodies.”

Giant, flapping red flag.
Dayton Police, FBI on scene in Bellbrook neighborhood related to Oregon District shooting
-----------------------------
Denise McAllister  @McAllisterDen
·
1m
The problem here is schools don’t know what to do with malignant narcissists who are mentally disordered. They treat all kids the same. “Positive reinforcement” is practiced instead of discipline. So kids slip through the cracks clutching their participation trophies.
Can't disagree.

From the cited story:
Dayton 24/7 Now spoke with other classmates of Betts' who said he was expelled from school after officials found a notebook where he reportedly wrote a list of people who he wanted to rape, kill and skin their bodies. The classmate we spoke with said Betts was supposed to write a letter of apology to the people on the list. After being expelled, Betts was allowed back to school, according to the classmate. The classmate added Betts was not a loner, but had friends.  ...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 11:39:32 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jpsb

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2019, 11:41:44 pm »
The constant exposure to electronics does something to a developing brain. They live on their phones when they could be interacting with real people. I think they are lonely but don't know it.

Maybe we should not give mind altering drugs to boys that misbehave at school? Maybe instead of druging young boys maybe we should spank their a$$es good when they get out of line. Just a thought. Worked on me.

I do believe the practice of druging boys in school (for being boys) is a very bad idea.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2019, 11:44:52 pm »
Can't disagree.

From the cited story:

More details emerging. When I posted about this incident, it was said he wanted to shoot up the school. Deeply disturbing. He should have been committed, not told to write a letter of apology and allowed back in school.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2019, 11:45:41 pm »
Maybe we should not give mind altering drugs to boys that misbehave at school? Maybe instead of druging young boys maybe we should spank their a$$es good when they get out of line. Just a thought. Worked on me.

I do believe the practice of druging boys in school (for being boys) is a very bad idea.

@jpsb
No argument from me.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2019, 11:47:20 pm »
Not who would say anything above a whisper. Their jobs would be in peril.

No doubt!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2019, 11:51:53 pm »
@jpsb
No argument from me.

Or me.  In fact, I fully agree with you.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2019, 11:55:08 pm »

Corporal punishment worked here, too. I had to decide whether the punishment was 'worth it'...

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2019, 12:10:19 am »
I am hoping that he just mumbles some platitudes, and gets convinced by those around him that any more 2A caves will erode his base (pragmatism seems to be what he responds to)...

Touché

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2019, 12:17:31 am »
Here's some more information on the sister.....tell me this shooter wasn't one effed up psycho:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Dayton mass shooter Connor Betts slaughtered own sister during rampage: officials
NY Post, Aug 4, 2019

The Dayton mass shooting gunman drove to the scene of the carnage with his sister — then made her one of the nine victims killed in the slaughter, officials revealed Sunday.

Megan Betts, 22, was shot dead when her brother, 24-year-old Connor Betts, opened fire on a crowded street in the Ohio city lined with bars and restaurants around 1 a.m., officials said in a press briefing.

But before the sororicide, the siblings and a mutual acquaintance drove together to the hopping nightlife district in Betts’ father’s 2007 Toyota Corolla, officials told reporters, piecing together what they had learned in the hours since the bloodshed.

Sometime after the trio arrived, Connor Betts split up from the other two, investigators said — during which time he grabbed his AR-15-style rifle, crept through an alley towards the row of revelers and opened fire.

Firing the rifle, equipped with a double-drum magazine with a 100-round capacity, Betts gunned down the first of his victims near a tattoo parlor, then moved across the street towards Ned Peppers Bar, officials said.

Responding cops, including at least two armed with long guns, fatally shot Betts within 30 seconds of his first shot, officials said — but that was all the time he need to kill nine people and wound 27 more.

Megan Betts was among the dead, and the siblings’ companion was wounded, according to authorities.

[...]

Investigators have yet to publicly identify a specific motive in the shooting — and said it’s unclear whether Megan Betts was her brother’s intended target.

“It’s a nagging question and I just don’t have the answer,” said Biehl, adding of the Betts family, “This is a nightmare for them, and I think they are struggling, as you can understand.”

More:  https://nypost.com/2019/08/04/dayton-mass-shooter-connor-betts-slaughtered-own-sister-during-rampage-officials/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2019, 12:52:33 am »
Oh boy.... so, white Democrat terrorism then, huh.   888mouth

This might be the future of the unskilled, redundant folks in a high tech AI future.

Unecessary flesh. No job, no purpose.

Nobody will go to the prom with them.

Their parents divorce, over them. "What to do with HIM?"

We need more facilities, and more will, for semi-permanent confinement.

IOW the days of an interview with the school Psychologist, should end.

Mental, moral defectives.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln