Author Topic: Collapsing California cliff claims 3 lives along beach  (Read 372 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Collapsing California cliff claims 3 lives along beach
« on: August 03, 2019, 03:39:59 pm »

APnews
August 3, 2019

ENCINITAS, Calif. (AP) — A popular surfing beach was closed Saturday after a cliff collapsed, sending tons of sandstone onto beachgoers and killing three people.

A 30-foot-long slab of the cliff plunged onto the sand near Grandview Beach north of San Diego. A KNSD-TV helicopter captured footage of beach chairs, towels, surf boards and beach toys strewn about the sand.

Other beachgoers and lifeguards at a nearby tower scrambled to the towering pile of debris, which was estimated to weigh tens of thousands of pounds, to help dig out victims.

“I saw first responders, and I saw lifeguards frantically digging people out of the debris,” Jim Pepperdine, who lives nearby, told the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Pepperdine said he saw people trying to resuscitate a woman before her body was covered.

A woman died at the scene, and two more people later died at hospitals. Another person was taken to a hospital, and a person who had minor injuries was treated at the scene, according to statements from the city.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Collapsing California cliff claims 3 lives along beach
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 03:59:37 pm »

So Sad.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 04:42:10 pm »
Blaming on "climate change" in 5 ... 4... 3...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 05:26:48 pm »
Horrible way to go.
Principles matter. Words matter.