Author Topic: Trump: Tweeting is 'my only form of defense'  (Read 1641 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump: Tweeting is 'my only form of defense'
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2019, 08:10:30 pm »
IMO, the way they are bringing race and racism into this campaign with all kinds of free stuff, don't be surprised if Michelle Obama declares.

I'm speaking of Barack Obama as 'Shadow'...is that racist?....President.

My questions:  Isn't that illegal?  Didn't the Founders have that covered?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2019, 08:14:53 pm »
Trump's poll numbers remain underwater,

No, they are not.  They're higher than Obama's were at this point.

But you know that.

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2019, 08:17:47 pm »
IMO, the way they are bringing race and racism into this campaign with all kinds of free stuff, don't be surprised if Michelle Obama declares.

I'm speaking of Barack Obama as 'Shadow'...is that racist?....President.

My questions:  Isn't that illegal?  Didn't the Founders have that covered? 

This is Rush's latest theory.  I'm not quite sold on this.

And, yes, it's legal.  The Founders never envisioned a spouse (never mind a wife) running for POTUS.

Barack can't run.  But Michelle can --- like Bill and Hillary.

@DCPatriot

Online libertybele

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2019, 08:25:26 pm »
Since you asked,  yes, she'd be my first choice.   Any alternative to Trump needs to be someone who's perceived as an ally, not a foe.   Kasich or Romney would have little appeal to Trump's base.   And what I'm contemplating is that Trump would voluntarily decide not to run, and instead endorse his own replacement in order to maintain the support of that base.   

I'd consider voting for Haley if she were running.  So ... how do we get her to run?  Who with deep pockets is going to help fund her campaign?  In all honesty, do you think she'd run against her former boss?

Also, IF Haley were to run as Trump's VP would you vote for him?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2019, 08:29:37 pm »
This is Rush's latest theory.  I'm not quite sold on this.

And, yes, it's legal.  The Founders never envisioned a spouse (never mind a wife) running for POTUS.

Barack can't run.  But Michelle can --- like Bill and Hillary.

@DCPatriot

She could also nominate Bammy as her VP.

As far as Michelle running; I think she would be easily nominated and I think Trump would have a very difficult time getting re-elected.  Just my opinion.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2019, 08:42:36 pm »
She could also nominate Bammy as her VP. 

If you're talking about Michelle running with Barack as her VP --- this she can't do.  Barack, having served the maximum 8 years as POTUS, cannot hold any position that puts him in the line of succession.  This would include the VP spot, Speaker of the House, Senate Pro Tempore (no chance) and any cabinet position.

@libertybele

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2019, 08:51:11 pm »
I'd consider voting for Haley if she were running.  So ... how do we get her to run?  Who with deep pockets is going to help fund her campaign?  In all honesty, do you think she'd run against her former boss?

Also, IF Haley were to run as Trump's VP would you vote for him?

@libertybele @Jazzhead

I am all for Trump stepping aside and specifically endorsing Nikki Haley as his anointed successor.  And if that happens, I will vote for her enthusiastically.  However....

That has not happened yet, and there isn't a damn thing I can do to make that happen.  Therefore, until it does happen, the only thing I can do is support Trump, the apparent nominee, unless and until the Haley Gambit occurs.  And unless/until it does occur, there's not really any else to discuss about it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2019, 09:27:45 pm »
  And unless/until it does occur, there's not really any else to discuss about it.

In that case,  I am heading off to go to a Phillies game.   Should be more fun than watching the next batch of Democrat clowns debate.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2019, 09:31:14 pm »
No, they are not.  They're higher than Obama's were at this point.

But you know that.
Plus I have it anecdotally from friends, neighbors, relatives.......that Trump supporters mislead pollsters.

Bradley Effect.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2019, 09:36:56 pm »
GWB was a "better man"

No, he was not.

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time accepting that the political playbook has changed. 
[...]
Why not join the rest of us living in the 21st Century?

The soft, comfortable lie of sophistry.
Nothing changes, ever.
Sooner or later, it comes back to the truth.
And the truth is a hard way.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:37:53 pm by roamer_1 »

Online libertybele

« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2019, 10:02:22 pm »
@libertybele @Jazzhead

I am all for Trump stepping aside and specifically endorsing Nikki Haley as his anointed successor.  And if that happens, I will vote for her enthusiastically.  However....

That has not happened yet, and there isn't a damn thing I can do to make that happen.  Therefore, until it does happen, the only thing I can do is support Trump, the apparent nominee, unless and until the Haley Gambit occurs.  And unless/until it does occur, there's not really any else to discuss about it.

Indeed.  The reality is that Trump is not stepping aside, nor have I heard anything about Haley deciding to run.  Yes, also agree, that until Haley announces she's running or Trump announces he's stepping down; discussion is pretty pointless.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2019, 01:07:38 am »
Michelle obama for president:
The 21st century version of Lurleen Wallace.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2019, 01:11:29 am »
Trump's tweeting is going to be his undoing.  It would not be so bad if he would stick to tweeting congratulations or even short tweets of encouragement.  Tweeting is not his only form of defense -- silence is golden.  His actions should speak louder than his tweets.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2019, 11:36:03 am »
Well, in that case, I LIKE what he is doing with those tweets!  Bypassing the media filter we have become accustomed to and all!

Beer! I like your stuff Bigun.

I like what Trump says and what he does. He seems effective in all things

I am a fighter. My dad had artistic talent. He always drew sketches when
I was young. He started oils when I was in college.

He was an amateur painter and I liked his work. When Dad was old I asked
him to paint something for me. His choice.

He painted a Lion. That is how Dad saw me. Something powerful, strong, and
responsive. See. It was Dad who spent hours and years teaching me to fight.
To defend myself. Dad as a boy lived on the street. All his life, he taught me
valuable lessons.

Conservatives have mostly forgotten about conflict. There are times your
opponent needs a busted nose or more. I like that he is training young
conservatives the power of a very direct response to most attacks.

Al

:)

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2019, 12:25:36 pm »
Master of the Tweet
American Thinker, Jul 31, 2019, J.R. Dunn

Now that the threat of impeachment has dwindled away to nothing, the time has come to clear the decks for 2020 by removing all further impediments, obstacles, and annoyances from the path of Donald Trump. A crucial part of this effort will be closing the book on all further criticism of  DJT’s tweets.

[…]

That point is that DJT has honed the tweet, which on the face of it is no more than a social media comment limited in wordage to 280 (though most tweets use much fewer), where only basic concepts can adequately communicated, into a powerful weapon, a means of communication operating beneath the level of media interference that speaks to the public in language that voters understand and deals in concepts that are so intertwined with synthetic PC regulations that they can be handled publicly in no other way.

This marks Trump’s major contribution to the politics of the Infowave epoch, one that no one foresaw and that no one knows how to deal with. The standard Silicon Valley method of handling dissent – banning the violator – won’t work here. Much as Jack Dorsey would love to do it, you can’t ban the President of the United States.

So Trump blithely continues tweeting, at his leisure and in his own time, on topics of his choosing and expressing them in his own unique style. Each tweet is utterly unpredictable, and all of them seem to strike at a weak spot in the American left’s defenses, like cruise missiles coming out of nowhere, striking their target and leaving the enemy with no means of counterstriking. The wails, shrieks, and gibbering arise from the left, and Trump moves on without even bothering to answer. With his tweets, which cost him nothing and require almost no effort, Trump has done more damage to the left than the last half-dozen Republican presidents.

Read (lots) more:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/master_of_the_tweet.html

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2019, 12:33:20 pm »
Indeed.  The reality is that Trump is not stepping aside, nor have I heard anything about Haley deciding to run.  Yes, also agree, that until Haley announces she's running or Trump announces he's stepping down; discussion is pretty pointless.

The "point" is to raise the issue while there is still time.   Right now,  no credible Republican will challenge Trump for the nomination,  and that's understandable.    But that means,  increasingly I fear,  that we have ensnared ourselves in a trap from which we are unable to escape.   I see no one suggesting the LBJ scenario as a way out,  and I think it needs to be on the table.    I disagree that the President is immune from persuasion, in part because I don't view him as the ego-first caricature that many do.   A war may require more than one general.  Trump has shaken things up and raised issues that have been ignored for too long.   But to sustain the battle,  to prevent all the progress made to be washed away in a spasm of reaction,  a more temperate brand of fighter is needed.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide