Author Topic: Trump: Tweeting is 'my only form of defense'  (Read 1651 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump: Tweeting is 'my only form of defense'
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019, 04:57:40 pm »
The quoted article is correct that when the Dems have no other winning argument, they play the race card.   But that doesn't excuse Trump, on an almost daily basis, handing them a race card on a silver platter.   

It is no coincidence that Dems, more than anyone else, are hoping and praying that Trump is the GOP nominee.   Trump is their ticket to the promised land.

Yeah!  Right!  Can you back that up with something other than your worthless opinions?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 05:02:43 pm »
The quoted article is correct that when the Dems have no other winning argument, they play the race card.   But that doesn't excuse Trump, on an almost daily basis, handing them a race card on a silver platter.   

It is no coincidence that Dems, more than anyone else, are hoping and praying that Trump is the GOP nominee.   Trump is their ticket to the promised land.

??? Let's see here ... under Trump the BLACK unemployment is the lowest in the history of the United States.  That to me is pretty profound.  He has appointed a 'team' to research wrongful imprisonment of BLACKS and some have been released/pardoned.  I'd say that is also pretty profound. 

Calling out a mayor or rep for a city that is suffering due to poor 'management  that is predominately BLACK isn't racist, it's shedding light on the blight of cities under liberal rule!

Calling out those in the Squad for making derogatory comments about this country is far from racist. Pres. Trump put them in their place and rightfully so.

The true racists are the liberal leftists.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 06:10:52 pm »
Yeah!  Right!  Can you back that up with something other than your worthless opinions?

They can't be worthless if you're responding to them.    *****rollingeyes*****

Trump's tweets appeal his to base, just as his rallies appeal to his base.   But his base didn't elect him - and won't again without the support of those independents who, quite frankly, are considering whether to do so again with noses firmly clenched against the embarrassing stench.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019, 06:12:40 pm »
??? Let's see here ... under Trump the BLACK unemployment is the lowest in the history of the United States.  That to me is pretty profound.  He has appointed a 'team' to research wrongful imprisonment of BLACKS and some have been released/pardoned.  I'd say that is also pretty profound. 

The man's policies deserve another four years.   The man himself does not.   That is the dilemma many of us are being forced to confront.   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2019, 06:31:29 pm »
But his base didn't elect him - and won't again without the support of those independents who, quite frankly, are considering whether to do so again with noses firmly clenched against the embarrassing stench.   

Please stop making up crap that suits your fantasies.  The POTUS has not lost his Republican base OR his Independent base --- in fact, both are growing.

The numbers don't lie – Trump movement growing by putting America first
Cincinnati.com; July 29, 2019

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/2019/07/29/numbers-dont-lie-trump-movement-growing-putting-america-first/1855914001/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2019, 06:32:05 pm »
The man's policies deserve another four years.   The man himself does not.   That is the dilemma many of us are being forced to confront.

:boring:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2019, 06:34:44 pm »

For the thousandth time, no candidate on our side can stop the media from lying.

They lie about what a Trump says as they lied about what Bush did. Although Bush acted with ‘decorum befitting the office’ and obligingly refused to defend himself it didn’t stop the media from lying about him.

Of course they’re now lying about Trump being a racist - he may actually be making positive headway with the black community. Why not look at it that way?

Anyway it won’t matter if you nominate John Kasich or Nikki Haley, they will lie about them too.

It seems to me the very WORST thing we could do is adjust our behavior as a reaction to their lies, which is exactly what you are suggesting. Basically allowing them to profit from their lies.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2019, 06:36:59 pm »
I guess we won't know until the votes are counted.   From what I can see from speaking to neighbors, friend and colleagues,  there is enormous weariness over the daily tweetstorms and the media's pavlovian reactions to them.    And those who are generally supportive of his policies keep quiet about it out of embarrassment or weariness in having to defend a man portrayed (unfairly but nevertheless constantly) as a cruel, hate mongering racist.

It is not a good situation.   

Didn't you tell us you live and work in Filthy, PA?

'nuf said.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2019, 06:42:50 pm »
Please stop making up crap that suits your fantasies.  The POTUS has not lost his Republican base OR his Independent base --- in fact, both are growing.

Trump's poll numbers remain underwater,  notwithstanding general satisfaction regarding the state of the economy and support for many of his policies.   The most logical explanation is exhaustion with the man and the mockery he makes of the office of President.

He may get lucky if the Dems are foolish enough to nominate an extremist,  but as of right now the GOP loses both the Senate and the Presidency if Trump's the nominee. 

If you want to continue deluding yourself to the contrary,  then that's not my problem.       

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2019, 06:45:33 pm »

'nuf said.

And in the immortal words of Jason Kelce:

No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us
We don't care
We're from Philly, phuckin' Philly
No one likes us, we don't care

:tongue2:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2019, 06:47:46 pm »

'nuf said.

Don't discount anywhere in Pennsylvania.  This state is crucial to Trump's success next year.  If Biden wins the Dem nomination -- and he is still popular in the big cities here -- Trump could be in trouble.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2019, 06:52:31 pm »
Don't discount anywhere in Pennsylvania.  This state is crucial to Trump's success next year.  If Biden wins the Dem nomination -- and he is still popular in the big cities here -- Trump could be in trouble.

Biden's strength is that he can command the support of African Americans who appreciate his service as Vice President.  He also appeals to white working class voters in a way most Dems can't.   That's why he is uniquely positioned to defeat Trump, who is otherwise in a good position to pick up a decent slice of that vote.   I agree that if Biden is the nominee,  Trump loses Pennsylvania.     

Offline Applewood

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2019, 07:10:43 pm »
Biden's strength is that he can command the support of African Americans who appreciate his service as Vice President.  He also appeals to white working class voters in a way most Dems can't.   That's why he is uniquely positioned to defeat Trump, who is otherwise in a good position to pick up a decent slice of that vote.   I agree that if Biden is the nominee,  Trump loses Pennsylvania.   

Unions rule, particularly in major cities like Philly and Pittsburgh.  It's those voter who will support Biden. 

Offline EdJames

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2019, 07:18:45 pm »
And in the immortal words of Jason Kelce:

No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us
We don't care
We're from Philly, phuckin' Philly
No one likes us, we don't care

Ehhh, you Phanatics are all alike...

Online libertybele

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2019, 07:19:04 pm »

????  Without the man, we wouldn't have the man's policies.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2019, 07:19:59 pm »

I don't think that the Trump team will be focused much on Philly.....

:shrug:

Online libertybele

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2019, 07:26:50 pm »
Trump's poll numbers remain underwater,  notwithstanding general satisfaction regarding the state of the economy and support for many of his policies.   The most logical explanation is exhaustion with the man and the mockery he makes of the office of President.

He may get lucky if the Dems are foolish enough to nominate an extremist,  but as of right now the GOP loses both the Senate and the Presidency if Trump's the nominee. 

If you want to continue deluding yourself to the contrary,  then that's not my problem.     

Not quite sure why you would consider political polls reliable. Polls are polls that ordinarily reflect a polling of a select target which benefits the outcome of the poll.  Trump was behind Clinton in every single poll for months, yet he won.

Online libertybele

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2019, 07:28:50 pm »

???? Thank you for your input, but do you have links that validate your opinions?  DEM talking points perhaps??

Black unemployment is the lowest in the history of the U.S. under DJT.

Biden can "command" support??  What does that even mean?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2019, 07:35:59 pm »
@libertybele

Black unemployment may be lower, but there is still that huge contingent of blacks who will vote for the Democrat, no matter who he or she is.  It's unfortunate, but these voters cling to the notion that the Democrats are the ones looking out for them and their interests.  And that particularly includes those in the "gimmedat" segment who don't give a flying fig about the unemployment situation because they don't want to work; they just want their food stamps and free stuff.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2019, 07:39:22 pm »

Black unemployment is the lowest in the history of the U.S. under DJT.

I understand that, and I don't disagree that Trump can likely appeal to a fair number of black voters.   I was only saying that Biden is, among the Dem candidates, uniquely popular in the black community.    He's by far the strongest candidate at this point against Trump - in part because he's the safest choice for those offended by Trump's style.   

Offline skeeter

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2019, 07:48:42 pm »
I understand that, and I don't disagree that Trump can likely appeal to a fair number of black voters.   I was only saying that Biden is, among the Dem candidates, uniquely popular in the black community.    He's by far the strongest candidate at this point against Trump - in part because he's the safest choice for those offended by Trump's style.   

Possibly, but isn't it ironic that the guy who by his own admission worked well with segregationists in congress, swims naked in front of female secret service agents and thinks no one but Indians work in Dunkin' Donuts would appeal to those who are 'offended by Trump's style'?

Online libertybele

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2019, 07:49:50 pm »

Well, I may not be particularly fond of Trump's style, but I'd be darned if I'd vote DEM.

OK ... I picked a poll suited to substantiate my point; Biden's support from black voters cut in half after debate: Reuters/Ipsos poll

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll/bidens-support-from-black-voters-cut-in-half-after-debate-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1TY1AM

If you go to the link that I posted -- notice the percentage of those voters who don't know who'd they'd vote for -- it pretty much equals those who would vote for Biden.

Again -- I wouldn't rely on polls to base your info or DEM talking points.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2019, 07:53:48 pm »

So this week, are you still pushing Nikki Haley?

Before you pushed Kasich.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2019, 07:56:12 pm »
So this week, are you still pushing Nikki Haley?

Before you pushed Kasich.

Oh ... is Nikki Haley running??   :whistle:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2019, 08:00:26 pm »
So this week, are you still pushing Nikki Haley?-

Since you asked,  yes, she'd be my first choice.   Any alternative to Trump needs to be someone who's perceived as an ally, not a foe.   Kasich or Romney would have little appeal to Trump's base.   And what I'm contemplating is that Trump would voluntarily decide not to run, and instead endorse his own replacement in order to maintain the support of that base.