Author Topic: Lawrence Jones investigates what's really happening on the streets of Baltimore  (Read 4656 times)

Offline kidd

I posted this elsewhere, but I'll repeat:
I think an example needs to be made of one of the democrat-communist controlled cities -- that one of these places can be "cleaned up" in relatively short order with the right people in charge.

That means selecting one of these urban ratholes -- Baltimore would be a good choice -- and declaring a federal "state of emergency" upon the basis of crime or health (garbage and rats would constitute "the basis").

Then, go in with both federal agents and nationalized National Guard troops from that state, remove elected officials, replacing them with federal agents (or even a military officer as "overseer") and establish a state of "light martial law".

The idea would be apropos to the "Reconstruction" of the south after the War Between the States.

Harsh? Yes.
Somewhat authoritarian? Of course.

But let's just "see what results we can get" that way.

If it works, fine.
If it doesn't, then it's logical to conclude that NOTHING is going to help these places, and the best "solution" is to pretty much isolate them from the rest of society.

If necessary, the latter would be just fine with me.
I understand the sentiment.
I disagree that it will work.

Suppose this plan is wildly successful. The graft is eliminated. The place is cleaned up. The Feds have done their job and leave.

How long until it reverts back?

Without personal responsibility, not long.
Without informed votes, not long.
Without long-term trust for the community, not long.
Without a genuine high-degree of pride in their community, not long.
And most importantly, without self-reliance...which is negated by the dependence on the Feds to fix the place up in the first place...not long.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
kidd wrote:
"I understand the sentiment.
I disagree that it will work."

Reread the last three paragraphs of my post.
I agree with you, mostly.

If it works, it works.
If it doesn't, write those places (and the people IN them) off, wall them off from the rest of us.

But what's goin' on there now DOESN'T work, and only drastic measures are gonna reverse it.

Offline goatprairie

kidd wrote:
"I understand the sentiment.
I disagree that it will work."

Reread the last three paragraphs of my post.
I agree with you, mostly.

If it works, it works.
If it doesn't, write those places (and the people IN them) off, wall them off from the rest of us.

But what's goin' on there now DOESN'T work, and only drastic measures are gonna reverse it.
You are correct...drastic measures are needed. Unfortunately, nobody in authority wants to do what is necessary.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I posted this elsewhere, but I'll repeat:
I think an example needs to be made of one of the democrat-communist controlled cities -- that one of these places can be "cleaned up" in relatively short order with the right people in charge.

That means selecting one of these urban ratholes -- Baltimore would be a good choice -- and declaring a federal "state of emergency" upon the basis of crime or health (garbage and rats would constitute "the basis").

Then, go in with both federal agents and nationalized National Guard troops from that state, remove elected officials, replacing them with federal agents (or even a military officer as "overseer") and establish a state of "light martial law".

The idea would be apropos to the "Reconstruction" of the south after the War Between the States.

Harsh? Yes.

If it works, fine.
If it doesn't, then it's logical to conclude that NOTHING is going to help these places, and the best "solution" is to pretty much isolate them from the rest of society.

If necessary, the latter would be just fine with me.

I think an example needs to be made of one of the radical right-wing controlled counties -- that one of these places can be "cleaned up" in relatively short order with the right people in charge.

That means selecting one of these urban ratholes -- Oklahoma City would be a good choice -- and declaring a federal "state of emergency" upon the basis of crime or health (lack of availability to abortion on demand would constitute "the basis").

Then, go in with both federal agents and nationalized National Guard troops from that state, remove elected officials, replacing them with a federal czar and establish a state of "light martial law".

The idea would be apropos to the "Reconstruction" of the south.

Harsh? Yes.

If it works, fine.
If it doesn't, then the problem is that we were restricted by the Constitution from doing more.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If the inner part of Oklahoma City has "a problem" similar to that of Baltimore -- sounds good to me!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Y'all really think the federal government should go in and arrest people who are violating the law in cities?  Really?

Offline goatprairie

Y'all really think the federal government should go in and arrest people who are violating the law in cities?  Really?
What do you think the FBI and a lot of other federal law enforcement agencies do? They frequently go into cities and arrest people.
If I or my loved ones cannot walk around my city without being unduly worried about being attacked by lawless thugs and the local police are incapable of protecting me, I would want someone to come in and help.
That does not only mean cities like Baltimore with many black criminals, it also means places like Portland, Oregon where mostly white thugs, Antifa, go around assaulting people who don't share their far left politics. The white mayor of Portland, Ted Wheeler,  abets those thugs and orders his police to stand down when the Antifa thugs are attacking people. Even Ted Cruz would like to see some federal action done in Portland.
It doesn't have to be federal authorities in Baltimore, but nobody should have to live in a place where you're constantly worried about being a victim of crime.
If I feel my civil rights are being violated, maybe the feds should come in.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What do you think the FBI and a lot of other federal law enforcement agencies do? They frequently go into cities and arrest people.
If I or my loved ones cannot walk around my city without being unduly worried about being attacked by lawless thugs and the local police are incapable of protecting me, I would want someone to come in and help.
That does not only mean cities like Baltimore with many black criminals, it also means places like Portland, Oregon where mostly white thugs, Antifa, go around assaulting people who don't share their far left politics. The white mayor of Portland, Ted Wheeler,  abets those thugs and orders his police to stand down when the Antifa thugs are attacking people. Even Ted Cruz would like to see some federal action done in Portland.
It doesn't have to be federal authorities in Baltimore, but nobody should have to live in a place where you're constantly worried about being a victim of crime.
If I feel my civil rights are being violated, maybe the feds should come in.

They arrest people who have violated federal laws, not local or state laws.

Bill Cipher

Exactly

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Giving Federal Forces the authority to overrun a city a to fix a local problem would ultimately end with a heck of a lot more dead bodies.

@thackney

Yes,but what it does is allow the local Tan Klan public officials to place the blame for any deaths,personal injuries,or property damage to be placed on the shoulders of "de white mans". Specifically Trump.

Or do any of YOU think the Balgimore pols will step forward and accept responsibility?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's their city and their lives.  Isn't that the heart of conservatism?  Self-determinism and individual sovereignty?

@Sanguine

I agree. Build a fence around Baltimore and refuse to allow anyone to leave that has a criminal record. Then just seal it off until the animals have killed and eaten each other. Then allow the honest citizen refugees back in to take over.

Online cato potatoe

Maryland is such a jumbled up mess.  Has anybody seen the congressional map?  It looks like somebody ran over a matryoshka doll.  How do the other states get bullied into redistricting while this monstrosity is allowed to stay? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland%27s_congressional_districts

Offline goatprairie

You missed the gist of my last sentence. If I cannot walk around my city without being unduly worried about being a victim of violent crime, are not my civil rights  being violated?

Bill Cipher

You missed the gist of my last sentence. If I cannot walk around my city without being unduly worried about being a victim of violent crime, are not my civil rights  being violated?

No. 

Offline thackney

State laws are being broken and the state has to take care of that, not the feds.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline goatprairie

State laws are being broken and the state has to take care of that, not the feds.
If I cannot walk around my city without worrying about crime/physical violence, and the local authorities can't or won't do anything about it, maybe my civil rights are being violated, and it's a federal matter.

Bill Cipher

If I cannot walk around my city without worrying about crime/physical violence, and the local authorities can't or won't do anything about it, maybe my civil rights are being violated, and it's a federal matter.

No, they’re not.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mississippi 1964, about all one has to say, the Feds went in. I'm sure there are other examples, I'm sort of walking into the middle of this conversation. I will read the previous posts to see if what I said is pertinent.

I'd say so, this is also why the Feds get involved in a lot of issues about voting, registration, districts and so on.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 08:34:40 pm by TomSea »

Bill Cipher

Mississippi 1964, about all one has to say, the Feds went in. I'm sure there are other examples, I'm sort of walking into the middle of this conversation. I will read the previous posts to see if what I said is pertinent.

To deal with the racial discrimination, which Congress is definitely empowered to counteract.  Unless you can demonstrate racial discrimination, the mere fact that a state is not enforcing its laws is not sufficient. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
To deal with the racial discrimination, which Congress is definitely empowered to counteract.  Unless you can demonstrate racial discrimination, the mere fact that a state is not enforcing its laws is not sufficient.

That's what federalism is all about.  I'm blown away that on a "conservative" web site we're even arguing this.

Offline goatprairie

It's far more likely that a white person will be assaulted by a black person than vice versa. Doesn't that constitute a race case?
They just had a case in Cleveland of a black person threatening to shoot some white people because he didn't want them near his neighborhood. Isn't that a race case?

Bill Cipher

It's far more likely that a white person will be assaulted by a black person than vice versa. Doesn't that constitute a race case?
They just had a case in Cleveland of a black person threatening to shoot some white people because he didn't want them near his neighborhood. Isn't that a race case?

Nope.  Just bad luck.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
SWhat they have done in Lost Angeles, is burn the sucker down about every 30 years or so.

1965=Watts Riots.

1992=Rodney King acquital Riots.

It is about due, soon.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@goatprairie

Of course not! It is impossible for one of our black overlords to be prejudiced against white people!

Don't you know anything?

Offline thackney

It will never end until the locals will vote in change.  Having the feds take out the corrupt and useless ones in charge mean nothing when they vote in the same type again.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer