Author Topic: Lawrence Jones investigates what's really happening on the streets of Baltimore  (Read 4658 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lawrence Jones investigates what's really happening on the streets of Baltimore
By Joshua Nelson | Fox News

Fox News contributor and Fox Nation host Lawrence Jones said Tuesday that Baltimore’s liberal policies have negatively affected the city, speaking to some of the residents there about the conditions.

“They have made it very clear, they don’t care about the politics of things. But it’s very clear that liberal policies have definitely affected Baltimore. The question is, what would be the response. We’ve seen the failure of all these cities, including Baltimore where there is corruption,” Jones told "Fox & Friends."

Trump started a feud with House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Elijah Cummings, calling the congressman’s district “a disgusting, rat and rodent-infested mess.”

During Jones' "Man on the Street" interviews with residents, their responses were negative. Jones interviewed a resident who said, “The crisis is not just the crime. But the crisis starts downtown with the government.”

“I personally don’t even want to live in Baltimore anymore and I’m afraid to actually raise a family here and this is my home,” another resident told Jones.

President Trump said on Tuesday the African-American community of Baltimore “thanked” him for exposing the city’s “corruption.”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/lawrence-jones-investigates-whats-really-happening-on-the-streets-of-baltimore
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I posted this elsewhere, but I'll repeat:
I think an example needs to be made of one of the democrat-communist controlled cities -- that one of these places can be "cleaned up" in relatively short order with the right people in charge.

That means selecting one of these urban ratholes -- Baltimore would be a good choice -- and declaring a federal "state of emergency" upon the basis of crime or health (garbage and rats would constitute "the basis").

Then, go in with both federal agents and nationalized National Guard troops from that state, remove elected officials, replacing them with federal agents (or even a military officer as "overseer") and establish a state of "light martial law".

The idea would be apropos to the "Reconstruction" of the south after the War Between the States.

Harsh? Yes.
Somewhat authoritarian? Of course.

But let's just "see what results we can get" that way.

If it works, fine.
If it doesn't, then it's logical to conclude that NOTHING is going to help these places, and the best "solution" is to pretty much isolate them from the rest of society.

If necessary, the latter would be just fine with me.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I think an example needs to be made of one of the democrat-communist controlled cities -- that one of these places can be "cleaned up" in relatively short order with the right people in charge.

That means selecting one of these urban ratholes -- Baltimore would be a good choice -- and declaring a federal "state of emergency" upon the basis of crime or health (garbage and rats would constitute "the basis").

Then, go in with both federal agents and nationalized National Guard troops from that state, remove elected officials, replacing them with federal agents (or even a military officer as "overseer") and establish a state of "light martial law".

The idea would be apropos to the "Reconstruction" of the south after the War Between the States.

Harsh? Yes.

If it works, fine.
If it doesn't, then it's logical to conclude that NOTHING is going to help these places, and the best "solution" is to pretty much isolate them from the rest of society.

While I support trying to clean a mess up like Baltimore, I certainly do not endorse having the federal government do it.

This is clearly a state matter.  A city is controlled by the state, not by the federal government.

We do not want to go down that path.  Imagine a Democrat controlled federal govt adjudging that a place like say Oklahoma City, a very red city, must be 'cleaned up' that will make it liberal.

We in the South knew about what the feds did post War Between the States days.  They were carpetbaggers and is one reason the South became solidly Democrat for many decades.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

I sailed wrote:
"We do not want to go down that path.  Imagine a Democrat controlled federal govt adjudging that a place like say Oklahoma City, a very red city, must be 'cleaned up' that will make it liberal."

Actually, if the democrat-communists ever get total control, that is easily "imaginable".

I've posted before about what might be required to bring the democrat-communist states "back into the fold" of the Republic.

The nation has been through this before:
1866 to about 1876 -- "Reconstruction".

I sense that at some point, that approach may be necessary again, for both states and some cities.

Otherwise, they AREN'T "coming back into the fold" ... ever.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 03:47:47 am by Fishrrman »

Offline thackney

Absolute insanity.  Would you have wanted this done 4 years ago?  By what authority would this be done?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline goatprairie

Harsh? Yes.

If it works, fine.

Congrats...I've thought of doing the same thing.  But I've been accused by CONSERVATIVES!!! of violating the constitution as regards inplementing law and order policies i.e. stop and frisk to cut down on the violence. Apparently, many people would rather see hundreds of dead bodies in the streets than stop the violence.
The facts are, if a situation is out of control like it is in Baltimore, appropriate measures have to be taken.

Offline goatprairie

Absolute insanity.  Would you have wanted this done 4 years ago?  By what authority would this be done?
My question to you is: how many dead bodies in the streets would be necessary before you'd try something drastic to stop the violence?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Congrats...I've thought of doing the same thing.  But I've been accused by CONSERVATIVES!!! of violating the constitution as regards inplementing law and order policies i.e. stop and frisk to cut down on the violence. Apparently, many people would rather see hundreds of dead bodies in the streets than stop the violence.
The facts are, if a situation is out of control like it is in Baltimore, appropriate measures have to be taken.

You really want the federal government to go in and declare martial law in an American city?  Is that what you are saying?

Offline thackney

My question to you is: how many dead bodies in the streets would be necessary before you'd try something drastic to stop the violence?

The insanity is thinking this is the only option available to do something.  How about starting with something simple like having local law enforcement start enforcing existing local laws?  If if they won't, locals should replace them with someone who will.

I am NOT saying do nothing.  But when I have a hangnail on my little toe, I don't use a bazooka to fix the problem.

Giving Federal Forces the authority to overrun a city a to fix a local problem would ultimately end with a heck of a lot more dead bodies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The insanity is thinking this is the only option available to do something.  How about starting with something simple like having local law enforcement start enforcing existing local laws?  If if they won't, locals should replace them with someone who will.

I am NOT saying do nothing.  But when I have a hangnail on my little toe, I don't use a bazooka to fix the problem.

Giving Federal Forces the authority to overrun a city a to fix a local problem would ultimately end with a heck of a lot more dead bodies.

Hear here!  Well said!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

"If if they won't, locals should replace them with someone who will."

That's just it....the authorities either can't or won't enforce the laws. I think it's the former where the hands of the police are tied. But how do you make people stop treating their neighborhoods like garbage dumps?
You're saying local authorities should do something, and I agree.  So should the local population. They should. But what if they won't or can't? Then what?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 03:55:38 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That's just it....the authorities either can't or won't enforce the laws. I think it's the former where the hands of the police are tied. But how do you make people stop treating their neighborhoods like garbage dumps?
You're saying local authorities should do something, and I agree.  So should the local population. They should. But what if they won't or can't? Then what?

It's their city and their lives.  Isn't that the heart of conservatism?  Self-determinism and individual sovereignty? 

Offline thackney

Then the State should take over the administration of the city.  No way this should ever involve marshal law from the feds. 

Offline Fishrrman

Sanguine asked goat, but was really addressing my post:
"You really want the federal government to go in and declare martial law in an American city?  Is that what you are saying?"

Yes, I do.
That's what I'm saying.
Your next question?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sanguine asked goat, but was really addressing my post:
"You really want the federal government to go in and declare martial law in an American city?  Is that what you are saying?"

Yes, I do.
That's what I'm saying.
Your next question?

Yeah, well, I believe in limited federal government.  It's a conservative value.

Offline goatprairie

Then the State should take over the administration of the city.  No way this should ever involve marshal law from the feds.
And the state pols turn out to be leftist Dems who agree with the leftist agenda. They do nothing. Now what? Martial law?

Offline roamer_1

Oh HELL no.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

It's clearly stated in the "Our guy's in charge" Clause.

Does no one ever read the Constitution?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Then I stay here in FL and don't go to MD/Baldymore.  If that's how they want to live, that's their choice.  Kinda the reason we still (marginally) have States.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

Then I stay here in FL and don't go to MD/Baldymore.  If that's how they want to live, that's their choice.  Kinda the reason we still (marginally) have States.

Federalism. It's a beautiful thing. And people can vote with their feet, because there is somewhere else to go.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The people of Baltimore (and the rest of the state) need some help seeing what their Democrat leaders are actually doing .... and not doing.  They need to know how deeply the quality of their lives does not matter to the Democrats.

We chould begin by uncovering what has happened to the billions and billions of dollars given for the improvement of conditions no one should have to live under ... not in the US.  Was the money wasted?  Was it stolen?  Let's find out because it sure wasn't used for legitimate reasons.

The people need a true woke moment.

Offline thackney

And the state pols turn out to be leftist Dems who agree with the leftist agenda. They do nothing. Now what? Martial law?

No, not in any case.  This is NOT a federal issue.  Period.

Offline thackney

We chould begin by uncovering what has happened to the billions and billions of dollars given for the improvement of conditions no one should have to live under ... not in the US.  Was the money wasted?  Was it stolen?  Let's find out because it sure wasn't used for legitimate reasons.

We should begin by understanding federal dollars should never be used this way in the first place,

Offline goatprairie

My own opinion is that people are mostly responsible for the mess they're in.  You can change the people running the gov., but for the most part people have to improve themselves.
I do, however, believe law and order can help many people in those benighted  cities.  At least the very young deserve a chance to grow up without worrying about being shot, forced to try to learn in chaotic classrooms,  or sat in a corner of a delapidated house while their parent or parents smoke crack.
That's where the gov. should step in.   Federal or local makes no difference to me.
That might be stepping over normal constitutional boundaries.  When the violence is out of control like it is in many largely black cities, dire measures have to be taken.
If people object to mild measures like stop and frisk or curfews for young adults, then nothing will get done. At the very least strong discipline should be present in schools to prevent unteachable thugs from ruining school for the rest.  Kids who don't want to learn and prevent others from learning should be expelled.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We should begin by understanding federal dollars should never be used this way in the first place,

:yowsa:   888high58888  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien