Author Topic: California governor signs bill requiring Trump release his tax returns to appear on ballot  (Read 1914 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Their hatred for Trump runs so deep that they don't even want his name appearing on a ballot for a national election.

That's what this edict is about.

@txradioguy

I  may be wrong,but I think they are terrified they don't have anybody that can beat him,and if he does beat them and then does stuff like balance the budget,it's over for the left forever.

On the other hand,losing to one of the alleged Republican "usual suspects" is no more than a temporary setback because they know they can "do business" with everybody  but Trump. They can't bribe him because he is already rich and the ONLY thing he cares about is how the history books will see him. They can't promise him deals down the road because the ONLY election he will run in for the rest of his life is the election for president in 2020.

He even has the gall to fight back in kind,rather than just sit there and take his lumps lumps like the pro-politicians.

He flat scares the hell out of them. All their lives and political careers,they have been able to use influence to protect themselves and their under the table deals,and here is a president that cares nothing about their legacies or anything other than how HE is seen by historians
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

@240B New York Just passed the same kind of bill specifically targeting Trump's state tax returns.

That's how desperate the Dems are to negate the 2016 election or make sure Trump doesn't win in 2020.

While everyone has been focused on the collusion and obstruction "investigations" (more like show trials)...the Dems have been working on a second investigation semi-under the radar based on the Emoluments clause.

That's why they want to see his tax returns in NY State and why California just passed this bill.  They're helping...or think they're helping Dems in DC build a case against Trump to prove he's been making a profit from his businesses while in office.  They think that if the Emir of Kuwait stays in a Trump hotel while in DC or New York or wherever...it's a payment directly to Trump from a foreign government.

Stupid I know...but it's one of those "gotcha's" that Dems think they can get him on.

The Trump Organization, (his “brand”) lost approximately $1 billion since taking office.

So much for profiting as president.

Offline rustynail

A better man steeped in  the proper decorum would gladly acquiesce to democrat demands.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
State Law vs Federal Law ... who wins ...

https://www.irs.gov/government-entities/federal-state-local-governments/disclosure-laws

"You are probably aware that the law protects your tax return information from disclosure to other parties by the Internal Revenue Service.  IRC Section 6103 generally prohibits the release of tax information by an IRS employee. However, there are important exceptions that you should be aware of."

Exceptions at link above.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
This should be Exhibit A against a national popular vote - CA contrives a law to keep the repub 0ff the ballot and presto - a 20M vote swing for the dem.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This should be Exhibit A against a national popular vote - CA contrives a law to keep the repub 0ff the ballot and presto - a 20M vote swing for the dem.
Good point
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Re: Trump’s tax returns required under new California election law
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2019, 12:23:18 pm »
Would it make any difference if he completely ignored California for the Election?  Would it make the slightest difference in the results?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Trump’s tax returns required under new California election law
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2019, 12:43:00 pm »
Would it make any difference if he completely ignored California for the Election?  Would it make the slightest difference in the results?

Might make sense to exploit the issue.   Say that if California can force him to disclose his confidential financial information,  then any state can do the same with any private citizen.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Not on the result, but the narrative around the left's desire to to deep 6 the electoral collage would be strengthed if Trump won, and his 4M potential votes were not included in the national total.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
A better man steeped in  the proper decorum would gladly acquiesce to democrat demands.

donny's fear and rage will soon illustrate HOW MUCH is wrong with his  tax returns

currently..hes still fighting last weeks battles on twitter

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
donny's fear and rage will soon illustrate HOW MUCH is wrong with his  tax returns

Sorry to deliver bad news, Mikey, but this won't apply in 2020.

Offline PeteS in CA

I seriously doubt California's electoral votes are up for grabs, much as I'd love to be wrong. So if Trump or the Dem nominee visit California, fundraising is the likely primary purpose (though in 2016 Trump did do some rallies in CA that weren't in big-time fundraising locales).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

Defending one's privacy is not evidence of criminality. It's just wanting privacy. The founders understood that when they wrote and ratified the 4th Amendment.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Defending one's privacy is not evidence of criminality. It's just wanting privacy. The founders understood that when they wrote and ratified the 4th Amendment.

Yup.   That's the issue.  Privacy against the federal leviathan.   President Trump is fighting this battle on behalf of us all. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline thackney

Do you say that because you expect it to be held up in courts?

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) on Tuesday signed a bill requiring President Trump to release his tax returns before he can appear on the state's 2020 primary ballot.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Do you say that because you expect it to be held up in courts?

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) on Tuesday signed a bill requiring President Trump to release his tax returns before he can appear on the state's 2020 primary ballot.

Apparently I misread that paragraph.  I would have sworn that it said it would not take effect in 2020.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Trump Organization, (his “brand”) lost approximately $1 billion since taking office.

So much for profiting as president.

@aligncare exactly!  Plus IIRC he divested himself of any kind of leadership/chairmanship of the companies while he's in office so as not to cause any problems.

Not that it will stop the Dems...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Not gonna apply ever. Patently unconstitutional.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:53:39 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
They should declare all of California's EC votes null and void.  Eff them.

I agree!  That felt good.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Bill Cipher

Not gonna apply ever. Patently unconstitutional.

Why is it patently unconstitutional?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why is it patently unconstitutional?

Because I say so! 

And because California cannot amend the Constitution all by itself.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Apparently I misread that paragraph.  I would have sworn that it said it would not take effect in 2020.

There was another article/thread posted in the last day or so where the headline said "Trump" and the text said it wouldn't apply to 2020.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Because I say so! 

It doesn't need to.  The Constitution already says CA can allocate its EV as it chooses.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Bill Cipher

Because I say so! 

What part of the Constitution would California be amending?